Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by fairdincum
I think you can apply for a Visa and call them to change to a MC (as long as it's still available).
But would you be able to get the bonus for Visa version when you apply it in the future?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 5:26 pm

I called my bank to see if they offered a better signup bonus and I was told that they offer 45K UR points. However, when I got there an hour later, I was told otherwise, but I did receive 40K with a lower spending requirement ($2,000 in 3 months).

Hmm maybe I will send a SM to see if they will honor the 45K.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 7:06 am

[I] called my bank to see if they offered a better signup bonus and I was told that they offer 45K UR points. However, when I got there an hour later, I was told otherwise, but I did receive 40K with a lower spending requirement ($2,000 in 3 months).

Hmm maybe I will send a SM to see if they will honor the 45K.

Could someone please post information on the 45k offer? Thank you.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 1:03 pm

I'm interesting in 45K point offer too. Please post some info. Thanks
Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:26 pm

Should I get the Chase Sapphire Preferred now, or wait for a better offer?

Right now the offer is at 40,000. Should I wait any longer? Or is the 40000 bound to even go down further?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:56 pm

It is anyone's guess, but it has been at 40k for some time. I would guess it will remain there, and if it goes any higher, it will be for a very limited time kind of like the Chase Ink jump to 60k (from 50k) earlier this year.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 1:01 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by gablaze23
Right now the offer is at 40,000.
This has been the offer since May 2012. I doubt anyone here has any insight into Chase's marketing plans.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 1:06 pm

All

I went to Chase branch today and saw on the bankers desk a desk protector that mentioned the $2k spend and 40k bonus but when I asked about that offer he said same as online and no benefit to signing up in branch. They didn't have any flyers/pamphlets etc with a special code or link so is this offer still valid (40k with $2k spend in 3 months) and if so are there any links/codes etc ?

Thanks

WC
Old Aug 20, 2013, 1:08 pm

Hi,

Has there been no targeted promotions online or something?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Wildcatz1
All

I went to Chase branch today and saw on the bankers desk a desk protector that mentioned the $2k spend and 40k bonus but when I asked about that offer he said same as online and no benefit to signing up in branch. They didn't have any flyers/pamphlets etc with a special code or link so is this offer still valid (40k with $2k spend in 3 months) and if so are there any links/codes etc ?

Thanks

WC
He's wrong. In order to only have to spend $2k to get the 40k bonus, you must sign up in a branch. They're very lenient with this though... For example, I had my mom apply online (instantly approved) and then I brought her into the branch and had them switch it. She then only had to spend the $2k, but someone at the branch MUST do this. No CSR over the phone will--it's an incentive with the branch so you'll apply right then and there.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 9:52 pm

If my mother-in-law's oldest line of credit is a regular Sapphire, can she still get a CSP? If that won't work, can Chase convert the Sapphire to a Freedom and still maintain the history of the card since it might be 20 years old? Thanks..
Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by 8fingeredflyer
If my mother-in-law's oldest line of credit is a regular Sapphire, can she still get a CSP? If that won't work, can Chase convert the Sapphire to a Freedom and still maintain the history of the card since it might be 20 years old? Thanks..
Yes, she should be able to PC it to a CSP.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Robrus1
Yes, she should be able to PC it to a CSP.
I think 8fingeredflyer is asking whether the mother-in-law can apply for a Sapphire Preferred to earn the 40,000 bonus points.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by mia
I think 8fingeredflyer is asking whether the mother-in-law can apply for a Sapphire Preferred to earn the 40,000 bonus points.
Ah. I would think so.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Yes, she can apply with the CS still active and would be eligible for the CSP sign-up bonus. I would still recommend PCing the old CS card to a Freedom since the CSP will make the CS obsolete.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.