Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
Data point:

In-branch, got a CSP w/ 50K for $2k spend in 3 months. Got it through a Private Banking Banker. He mentioned that through "normal" channels, the offer is 40k, but when you go through a premier channel, you can get 50k.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jennbar
He's wrong. In order to only have to spend $2k to get the 40k bonus, you must sign up in a branch. They're very lenient with this though... For example, I had my mom apply online (instantly approved) and then I brought her into the branch and had them switch it. She then only had to spend the $2k, but someone at the branch MUST do this. No CSR over the phone will--it's an incentive with the branch so you'll apply right then and there.
This isn't true. The $2k/3 mo. offer can be had online, as well. It is not branch only. I signed up online, as did countless others.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by kawaii
Data point:

In-branch, got a CSP w/ 50K for $2k spend in 3 months. Got it through a Private Banking Banker. He mentioned that through "normal" channels, the offer is 40k, but when you go through a premier channel, you can get 50k.
do you have special relationships with chase? e.g. private client account?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by frudd38
do you have special relationships with chase? e.g. private client account?
Private Client has a 50k bonus it seems. Going to pop into my local branch where I'm friendly with the staff and ask about the 50k bonus even though I'm just a premier account..
Cheers
Howie
Old Oct 2, 2013, 4:09 pm

Got my card today! Approved Monday night, called Tuesday morning to ask for expedited shipping, and on my doorstep Wednesday night! Pretty amazing. It's going in the first slot in my wallet.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:54 pm

Anyone have luck getting the private banking 50,000 signup bonus at a branch when not enrolled in private banking?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Only my point junkie friends will appreciate this...

Just came to my favorite restaurant, (which is also a mileage dining restaurant for miles) for Chase 's first Friday. I come here so often they covered this meal for me.

Is it bad that I'm slightly sad I missed out of the 6.21x points?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 12:37 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by PainCorp
Only my point junkie friends will appreciate this...

Just came to my favorite restaurant, (which is also a mileage dining restaurant for miles) for Chase 's first Friday. I come here so often they covered this meal for me.

Is it bad that I'm slightly sad I missed out of the 6.21x points?
LOL... It's irrational, but I understand.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by mojo2121
Anyone have luck getting the private banking 50,000 signup bonus at a branch when not enrolled in private banking?
FWIW, I didn't enroll in private banking. I signed up for a CSP via the private banker because I mentioned that I had a premier relationship with another bank and that I am considering moving my funds to consolidate my accounts (I had a pre-existing checking account and Freedom with Chase).
Old Oct 8, 2013, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by kawaii
FWIW, I didn't enroll in private banking. I signed up for a CSP via the private banker because I mentioned that I had a premier relationship with another bank and that I am considering moving my funds to consolidate my accounts (I had a pre-existing checking account and Freedom with Chase).
Just wondering what exactly a "premier relationship" means? Would you recommend us to stop by a local branch and talk to a private banker?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: Mileage Hoarding Anonymous
Another datapoint...

Just closed my marriott, SW business, and Ink bold (or Plus, I can't remember) card on Tuesday.

Still have the other Ink card, SW personal, Amazon, and United cards with Chase.

Submitted an app for the Sapphire today and was approved instantly.

Fingers crossed that UR adds AA redemptions sometime soon!
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sapphire Preferred is FAST!

I applied yesterday afternoon for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, and was instantly approved -- the whole process took me 2 minutes at most. The congratulatory email arrived seconds later. This morning the card is already listed on chase.com.

They certainly are efficient -- if tomorrow weren't Sunday, I'd be expecting the card to show up then.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I applied yesterday afternoon for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, and was instantly approved -- the whole process took me 2 minutes at most. The congratulatory email arrived seconds later. This morning the card is already listed on chase.com.

They certainly are efficient -- if tomorrow weren't Sunday, I'd be expecting the card to show up then.
from my recollection CSP isn't fast posting bonus points, though. on the other hand, I checked my Arrival card a day after using AP and 42,000 points had already posted. that was quick, especially b/c the AP charge was still listed as pending.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaulMSN

Somewhat misleading title. FAST, on WHAT?

Actually, I had my UA Biz card showing up online when I was still on the phone with the recon rep (had to reallocate lines as usual to get a new Chase card.)

So your experience is not amazing, far from it. It is just a normal showing of most Chase cards.

FYI, Barclay's US cards if instant approved, the card literally shows in your online account within minutes from my experience, no overnight processing needed. Oh yeah, the bonus shows up immediately after conditions met, not after statement close a la Chase fashion.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Sapphire Preferred is FAST!

Unless you ask for expedited shipping, it can take a week to get the card in the mail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.