Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Discussion of The Deck continues here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1895979-deck-opens-22-march-2018-a.html
Print Wikipost

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Originally Posted by sxc
After my first visit to the Wing F where I lamented that there was no dim sum on the buffet, the beef ones that I saw in J have turned up in F. These beef ones are *okay*. But does that mean J now gets those street stall siu mai? So this is how they are differentiating F and J?
I actually quite liked the old beef siumay they had. But don't see them anymore
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:56 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
These are the beef Siu Mai pictured in J, but last week they were also in the F lounge.

Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by sxc
These are the beef Siu Mai pictured in J, but last week they were also in the F lounge.
Looks different than the old ones... *maybe it's perception bias tho
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:38 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by HaikalS
Looks different than the old ones... *maybe it's perception bias tho
They are definitely different to the old ones. These are bigger and might be considered by some as tastier.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:23 pm

Perhaps the dreaded travel bloggers will now begin to write about the sad state of affairs in the CX lounges. And encourage usage of the QF lounge. That might be the feedback that CX needs to hear in order to imporve their image.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by sxc

They are definitely different to the old ones. These are bigger and might be considered by some as tastier.
I'll try next time I'm there!
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
The burn continues. At this rate, I'll rather eat at a char can tang before hydrating at a lounge.

HKGglobaltrotter and royng like this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:50 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Hard wor. Cafe de Coral may charge me more than what Sodexo charges CX.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Alawyer
The burn continues. At this rate, I'll rather eat at a char can tang before hydrating at a lounge.
hydrating shouldnt cost you any more money to hydrate in a lounge than anywhere else...?!?
so long that they serve some sort of water
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by sxc

Do they contain coriander/cilantro/香菜?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:51 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gpia
Do they contain coriander/cilantro/香菜?
I think so. They are similar to the steamed beef balls you get at yum cha.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by sxc
I think so. They are similar to the steamed beef balls you get at yum cha.
Yeah the yum cha beef balls always do. Thanks, i’ll be sure to avoid these at the lounge then
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Pier F -- late May 2018

I visited Pier F last month and it was my first visit since Sodexho took over. The Pantry offerings looked fairly similar to pre-Sodexho offerings, though I didn't actually try anything. So I can't comment on taste.

I did have a meal at the F restaurant and it was not as good as previous visits. The appetizer in particular was execrable.

The Lunch/Daytime Menu

Rice Noodles with Shredded Chicken
This was not good. Really bland and tasteless. One bite and pass. This could have been a good dish, but it was really terrible. The chicken was very tough (way overcooked) and the red onion was raw. Despite the description, there were zero cucumbers to be seen. Perhaps they ran out and thought that raw onion would be a good substitute for cucumbers. Really?

The noodles were fine, I guess, but the whole dish was just bad. It's like no one actually tasted it before deciding to serve it. If I were a chef, I'd be embarrassed to serve that.

Beef Burger
The burger itself was pretty good. Juicy and tasty. No complaints on that front. The fries were pathetic. They needed at least another few minutes in the fryer, as they came out oily and limp. They tasted fine, but completely lacked any crunch. Really a joke. How hard is it to actually fry the fries for the appropriate amount of time?

Yuzu Sorbet
Pretty good, but it's hard to mess up sorbet.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: CX, Hyatt
Originally Posted by percysmith
Hard wor. Cafe de Coral may charge me more than what Sodexo charges CX.
Cafe de Coral's catering should not be too expensive based on their work with non-airlines institutions. The bigger issue here would be reputational risk. You can bet the direction and fruit newspapers will immediately run headlines that CX F/J and frequent flyers are made to eat Cafe de Coral.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by swingaling
Rice Noodles with Shredded Chicken
This was not good. Really bland and tasteless. One bite and pass. This could have been a good dish, but it was really terrible. The chicken was very tough (way overcooked) and the red onion was raw. Despite the description, there were zero cucumbers to be seen. Perhaps they ran out and thought that raw onion would be a good substitute for cucumbers. Really?

The noodles were fine, I guess, but the whole dish was just bad. It's like no one actually tasted it before deciding to serve it. If I were a chef, I'd be embarrassed to serve that.
I think there's some traces of green thing around that looks like cucumber; raw onion in a cold(?) dish is not wrong but not a common combination with shredded chicken. They should have stated onion as ingredient though. And the overall appearance definitely looks too bland, plating seems less elegant than the majority of local restaurants that serve similar dish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.