Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Ausbt review of Singapore T4 lounge:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-singapore-changi-terminal-4-business-class-lounge
Print Wikipost

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:58 pm

I wonder how is the ratio between walking and automatic walkway from lounge to gate, also for arrival? I heard from the aubst review that CX uses the far end wide body gates
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Audio
Long walk....reminds me of the Budget Terminal. This one's should be better, air-conditioned at least.

(Audio)
Budget terminal for a budget airline with a budget lounge- noodle canteen and chairs... lol
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:37 am

I came in this morning too.

I like it. Stepping off the aircraft to clearing immigration was 9 minutes total. The walk is about 1/2 to 2/3 the length of the main trunk of HKIA I would say, but only 2 short travelators are installed. I was hand baggage only but no sign of luggage as I walked past the reclaim belt.

I like that there are a lot more immigration desks so those big queues don't build up. Overall i was out of the airport quicker than i ever was at T1. Possibly its due to the terminal user profile, it also seemed like there were no other aircraft at the terminal at that time.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:45 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Guides for other airlines have been published:

http://t4.changiairport.com/en/airlines

KE and AF will be using the Blossom lounge.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:58 am

Also noticed I've been given a slip from immigration saying I am now eligible for automated immigration gates. I was never eligible to use them before so I don't know if this is just the gates in T4 or airport wide.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by 1010101
I came in this morning too.

I like it. Stepping off the aircraft to clearing immigration was 9 minutes total. The walk is about 1/2 to 2/3 the length of the main trunk of HKIA I would say, but only 2 short travelators are installed. I was hand baggage only but no sign of luggage as I walked past the reclaim belt.

I like that there are a lot more immigration desks so those big queues don't build up. Overall i was out of the airport quicker than i ever was at T1. Possibly its due to the terminal user profile, it also seemed like there were no other aircraft at the terminal at that time.
3 FTers on 659, they should have given us the rear J cabin and we could do a meet up
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
3 FTers on 659, they should have given us the rear J cabin and we could do a meet up
I was tempted to ask for an announcement - the ISM was *very* nice but not knowing the names, and needing a bit of sleep, thought the better of it. Flight load was very light.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:41 am

Oh no I was on 759. No chance of getting me on that flight!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by Audio
Live from Terminal 4.... that important Laksa bowl at new Dnata lounge.
(Audio)
Nice! Was it any good? Spicy enough?

Also, did it go with the Moet that AusBT had shared in his photo earlier?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:27 am

Some photos for Blossom lounge would be great!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by Alawyer
Nice! Was it any good? Spicy enough?

Also, did it go with the Moet that AusBT had shared in his photo earlier?

I have to ask my wife who is now on approach to the runway...I am now rushing to the airport to meet her...I will let you know.

Laksa is no good without the hum....

(Audio)
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Super long walk and I counted all but TWO travellators.
Yup - two..and the second one competes well for the 'shortest travelator around' prize.

Originally Posted by CX30616
I wonder how is the ratio between walking and automatic walkway from lounge to gate, also for arrival?
Mostly, a walk.

I like it. Stepping off the aircraft to clearing immigration was 9 minutes total.

I like that there are a lot more immigration desks so those big queues don't build up. Overall i was out of the airport quicker than i ever was at T1.
I thought quite the opposite, tbh. Wifey saw my video and tended to agree.

Also noticed I've been given a slip from immigration saying I am now eligible for automated immigration gates. I was never eligible to use them before so I don't know if this is just the gates in T4 or airport wide.
The machines are different from what the other terminals have - no clue if all would be changed. I also noticed a major project on at T1 - seems that they're installing the new style automated check-in/bag machines (the ones they show in T4 videos) there as well.

I have a (real bad) video of the walk from the gate to the counters. If interested, please PM me and I will send the youtube link across.

ETA: As CXFlyerBoy and myself were discussing..the biggest bummer - no water cannon salute!!!

edited again to add (post a discussion with another FT'er): one advantage of T4: taxi times should be shorter- by my reckoning ~66% of the time for take offs (rest- T1 better) and 50% of the time for landings (25% being similar)- given that I've very rarely seen 20R used for take offs.

Last edited by jagmeets; Oct 31, 2017 at 9:39 am
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by jagmeets

I thought quite the opposite, tbh. Wifey saw my video and tended to agree.
I think it will depend if you have an APEC card or similar to access the auto gates. I can't get one so was always stuck in the queues for a manned desk, of which there were never enough in T1.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:41 am

Did you get your fingerprints scanned upon arrival?
According to the ICA you'll be able to use the automated clearance gates upon departure.
https://www.ica.gov.sg/enteranddepar...lers_bioscreen

Citizens of certain countries who've visited at least 3 times in the previous 12 months would be able to apply for access to use the automated gates. Presumably this is for both arrival and departures... kinda like the e-channel access in HKG.
https://www.ica.gov.sg/enteranddepar...avellers_eiacs

On another note, I'm looking forward to checking out T4 on Friday!

Last edited by flyingbubbles; Oct 31, 2017 at 6:49 am Reason: additional info
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:47 am

deleted

Last edited by flyingbubbles; Oct 31, 2017 at 6:50 am Reason: repeat post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.