Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Ausbt review of Singapore T4 lounge:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-singapore-changi-terminal-4-business-class-lounge
Print Wikipost

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Alawyer
Nice! Was it any good? Spicy enough?

Also, did it go with the Moet that AusBT had shared in his photo earlier?

Wife told me the Laksa was great, not as spicy as the picture would suggests....the Panda cake is poor...nothing like Bengawan Solo or Prima Deli.

She felt the lounge is rather small, could get pretty crowded.

Transportation wise, she don't have any difficulty as she took a cab. She didn't like the security check, very slow with very inexperienced staff who held her back over a pair of noise cancelling headphones. (Bose QC25)

(Audio)
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:04 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Overall, it predictably cleaves to the same regional lounge template as HND/BKK/MNL/TPE, so if you like those lounges you'll like this one. It's just a shame that space wasn't made available for showers or a tended bar.
Meanwhile over on the MH forum, people are complaining that the bar in their new lounge isn't self-service.
Alawyer likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:00 pm

I presume they haven't finished the roads yet as it's a weird drive to reach T4 and it's not loaded in Uber yet. Immigration and security was very smooth. There are two airlines in the entire terminal and staff everywhere. The automated check in gates are very annoying as they require an e-ticket number and there are no manned counters at all. There is a ticketing desk but that's it.

In the lounge - The laksa is not at all spicy, like not even the slightest bit. I didn't see Panda cakes but I didn't look for them. There were noodles and chicken teriyaki in the self serve area, along with bottles of Moet and no small bottles of water ().

There is a full flight schedule now and its busy but not crowded. Plenty of seats free. Overall its nice but not great and i definitely think there is room for a shower facility.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
so if I fly into SIN T4 on arrival, can I go to T1-3 and go use the Airside hotel or at least the other PriorityPass lounges in T1?

Similarly, when I fly out, can I enter through T1-3 and use those airside amenities before taking some sort of transport to T4? I'd hate to be stuck in only T4.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:48 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
so if I fly into SIN T4 on arrival, can I go to T1-3 and go use the Airside hotel or at least the other PriorityPass lounges in T1?

Similarly, when I fly out, can I enter through T1-3 and use those airside amenities before taking some sort of transport to T4? I'd hate to be stuck in only T4.
The impression I am getting from Ausbt's review and also the comments from djsflynn above is no.

However, the airside hotel is an interesting question - since that's a legitimate use of T1 if you're not flying out of T1.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:13 pm

There is a transfer area just before immigration that seemed to require a boarding pass/flight booking credentials to enter.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Basically if you're flying on CX, you're stuck at T4. You can't go to the other terminals unless you show a BP that you're departing from there...
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: QF plat, CX gold, SQ pps, Ethihad gold, Klm gold, HH gold, spy gold
That sucks

That sucks. I used to enjoy moving across all 3 terminals. Hopping from lounge to lounge. . It is such a bad move for cx to move out of terminal 1.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
I hate the concept of T4 in SIN. Reminds me of of KLIA2. At least in HKIA, one can move around from/to Gate 200s/500s to main terminal. It's like a remote island of SIN. Transportation to/from City is not convenience, not that I like taking MTR. One don't expect carrying luggage to take shuttle bus, I can live with Skytrain.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Plugs looks to be UK style only, not the universal type that accepts everything like you see on planes. An oversight.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by pWei
Plugs looks to be UK style only, not the universal type that accepts everything like you see on planes. An oversight.
It was mentioned in the review that this was a requirement.

QUOTE:

"If you're not a local, just remember to bring a universal AC adaptor in your carry-on bag as local regulations required that Cathay's lounge design team install only a standard Singapore AC socket (the same as used in Hong Kong and the UK) in the lounge, rather than the multi-port socket used on aircraft and in many hotels."

https://www.ausbt.com.au/review-cath...s-class-lounge
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:47 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pWei
Same as HK lounges and a government requirement.
Originally Posted by sxc
The impression I am getting from Ausbt's review and also the comments from djsflynn above is no.

However, the airside hotel is an interesting question - since that's a legitimate use of T1 if you're not flying out of T1.
I checked with the hotel - you need to have a T1-T3 boarding pass to get access to the airside hotel. Or arrive in the same. But T4 only departures can’t access the hotel.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Anybody will move their SIN-HKG share to SQ now that CX have moved to this island T4?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:33 pm

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Quick question - if I land in T1, any idea how long it will take to go to T4 (after clearing immigration, customs)?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by HaikalS
Quick question - if I land in T1, any idea how long it will take to go to T4 (after clearing immigration, customs)?
http://t4.changiairport.com/en/getting-there

You need to go via T2. I'd budget 2hrs atleast and reckon that it would be faster if you can do this airside (check bags through). That would entail an airside transfer to T2, security at gate F55 and a secure bus to T4.

ETA: even on the same ticket, the MCT to T4 is 90mins (vs the standard 60mins for other terminals).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.