Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Ausbt review of Singapore T4 lounge:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-singapore-changi-terminal-4-business-class-lounge
Print Wikipost

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:17 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: SE ASIA
Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Posts: 636
File photos?

Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
I would be sorely disappointed if the current 2 pics in AusBT are anything to go by. Underwhelming as MNL might be, at least there is natural light from the tarmac in the day.

Bummer, next visit will be Dec 11.
The pics featured look like generic CX publicity photos to me; what with the female model posing & all.
Can djsflynn confirm if it is so & whether the pics were taken in the SIN lounge?
And I believe there were 4 pics in total, not 2?

p/s I love AustBT even tho' I'm based (mostly) in SIN. It's one of the first few websites that I stumbled upon & an still reading now! ^
Hope u enjoyed your short trip to SIN, & thanks for posting the review.
I can't wait to see the lounge myself.
kaffir76 is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:33 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Programs: MPC SL
Posts: 110
I am having conflicted information from CX.... I am flying on CX714 (0115 dep) on 31 Oct. Does my flight depart from T1 or T4?

According to CX when I online checked-in,

"Please be advised that from 31 October 2017, Cathay Pacific will operate from Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 4.
For flights departing on or after 4 a.m. on 31 October 2017, please drop bags at Terminal 4, Island 6."
imnewhere is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:08 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 131
Originally Posted by imnewhere
I am having conflicted information from CX.... I am flying on CX714 (0115 dep) on 31 Oct. Does my flight depart from T1 or T4?

According to CX when I online checked-in,

"Please be advised that from 31 October 2017, Cathay Pacific will operate from Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 4.
For flights departing on or after 4 a.m. on 31 October 2017, please drop bags at Terminal 4, Island 6."
Unfortunately T1
CX30616 is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:28 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC/SIN
Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Posts: 2,142
Originally Posted by kaffir76
I don't get why not having showers is a damning factor.

If I get a chance to travel on CX before year's end, I'll do a short review as well.

*Travel happy, everyone*
Can't speak for the others but for me a preflight shower is essential for a comfortable flight, especially when you head to the airport right after work in muggy SIN (which is quite often, for me).

Seems that the Plaza Premium/SATS JV lounge has showers- hope they're on Priority Pass too.
kaffir76 likes this.
jagmeets is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2017, 11:37 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by kaffir76
The pics featured look like generic CX publicity photos to me; what with the female model posing & all.
Can djsflynn confirm if it is so & whether the pics were taken in the SIN lounge?
And I believe there were 4 pics in total, not 2?
p/s I love AustBT even tho' I'm based (mostly) in SIN. It's one of the first few websites that I stumbled upon & an still reading now! ^
Hope u enjoyed your short trip to SIN, & thanks for posting the review.
I can't wait to see the lounge myself.
The first version of this article had two photos, an update with more info had four photos.

They're all PR photos but all are form the SIN T4 lounge (I know, the outstation lounges do tend to all look alike but I've got my own photos and recollection of the tour to confirm the PR shots).
kaffir76 likes this.
djsflynn is offline  
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:02 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WLG
Programs: CX Diamond; OZ Diamond;QF
Posts: 186
Originally Posted by djsflynn
The first version of this article had two photos, an update with more info had four photos.

They're all PR photos but all are form the SIN T4 lounge (I know, the outstation lounges do tend to all look alike but I've got my own photos and recollection of the tour to confirm the PR shots).

Last edited by ieuan1; Oct 29, 2017 at 4:05 am Reason: It doesn't say anything!-Apologies.
ieuan1 is offline  
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:04 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WLG
Programs: CX Diamond; OZ Diamond;QF
Posts: 186
There seems to be something about Changi which doesn't like to provide showers in lounges. The SQ lounge (not PPS) in, I think, T3 doesn't have showers either. Whilst probably not important for CX, it's really not very good for an airport that's trying to be a long haul hub.
ieuan1 is offline  
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:18 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,421
Originally Posted by ieuan1
There seems to be something about Changi which doesn't like to provide showers in lounges. The SQ lounge (not PPS) in, I think, T3 doesn't have showers either. Whilst probably not important for CX, it's really not very good for an airport that's trying to be a long haul hub.
Changi is always and will always be an HKG wannabe
Kachjc is offline  
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:34 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: asia miles
Posts: 396
Originally Posted by Kachjc
Changi is always and will always be an HKG wannabe
Changi has always been light years ahead on HKG, same as Singapore and Hongkong is general
blandy62 is offline  
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:21 am
  #40  
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 10,780
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Could someone comment on how the lounge actually is? It seems folks are pretty negative, but have you guys visited yet?

Djsflynn, have you visited Taipei before? How do you rank that in comparison to the new SIN one in terms of vibe, what available, seating, layout, etc?

I just want to know how it is in reality. Gonna be a real bummer if it is indeed bad...but I think the negative opinions so far are based on what we're reading, right and not seeing yet?
Originally Posted by djsflynn
I also posted a Facebook Live walkthrough of the lounge on AusBT's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/AusBT/)
The Facebook live video gives a pretty good indication of what this lounge is like. I dont see how anyone could say it is bad.
kaffir76 likes this.
sxc is offline  
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:19 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: HKG/HND/OOL
Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Posts: 3,132
i watched ausBT facebook walk through video. what really caught my eye is nice lady in red dress at entrance (about 1:17 into video)

back to lounge, it is just like TPE or BKK lounge shares identical DNA... but maybe just me, all i see is half the area utilized as dining and the rest a vanilla sitting area... no bars or coffee area came to my view.. or a quiet area/desk for work...

anyways i reserve my judgement for now but i remain of opinion that this wasnt built as a cashcow so dont expect any WOW factor... after all we are spoiled by PIER but this aint anything like it...
fakecd is offline  
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:29 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Japan
Posts: 36
Hi.
Will be flying BDO-SIN on silk air and SIN-KIX via HKO on CX. On my return journey I reach SIN at 20:15 and depart SIN at 0115. Two separate tickets.
1. Do I need to claim and recheck-in my luggage in SIN?
2. I think SilkAir lands at T2, do I have time to make it to T4 if I need to claim and recheck in my luggage?

(sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread)
CordW is offline  
Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:28 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: SE ASIA
Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Posts: 636
Smile

Originally Posted by jagmeets
Can't speak for the others but for me a preflight shower is essential for a comfortable flight, especially when you head to the airport right after work in muggy SIN (which is quite often, for me).

Seems that the Plaza Premium/SATS JV lounge has showers- hope they're on Priority Pass too.
I understand, though I've not had to go to the airport directly from the office on any work or personal trips. I wouldn't be able to handle the stress of rushing to the airport as well as entertaining the idea of a day's worth of my manly odor on my office attire

If you did have to connect in HKG then most definitely take a shower in the CX lounges there, as you know they are awesome! ^
kaffir76 is offline  
Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:30 am
  #44  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Posts: 18,877
Originally Posted by ieuan1
......The SQ lounge (not PPS) in, I think, T3 doesn't have showers either. ....
SQ in T3 certainly does have showes and the facilities are numerous and provide nice spaces and amenities...because I've used them on multiple SQ departures from T3.
24left is offline  
Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:37 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: SE ASIA
Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Posts: 636
Question what the cow?

Originally Posted by fakecd
i watched ausBT facebook walk through video. what really caught my eye is nice lady in red dress at entrance (about 1:17 into video)

back to lounge, it is just like TPE or BKK lounge shares identical DNA... but maybe just me, all i see is half the area utilized as dining and the rest a vanilla sitting area... no bars or coffee area came to my view.. or a quiet area/desk for work...

anyways i reserve my judgement for now but i remain of opinion that this wasnt built as a cashcow so dont expect any WOW factor... after all we are spoiled by PIER but this aint anything like it...
Can anyone explain what is a "cashcow" in the context of an airline lounge that I've heard twice in this thread already? I don't quite understand.
And what "WOW factors" exactly are we looking for in a lounge?

I personally just require something to drink (coffee & white wine - sparkling or champagne is a bonus), something to eat (preferably hot or at least warm) & a comfortable place to wait for my flight to board.
I'm not spending the night there so I don't need to be wow'ed
kaffir76 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.