Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Ausbt review of Singapore T4 lounge:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-singapore-changi-terminal-4-business-class-lounge
Print Wikipost

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:36 am

Great work once again @djsflynn. ^

Now that the iPhone 8 and X have wireless charging, maybe it'd be a good time to incorporate wireless charging in the lounges?

Maybe it's something you can bring up with the airlines, not just CX?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by maortega15
Great work once again @djsflynn. ^
Now that the iPhone 8 and X have wireless charging, maybe it'd be a good time to incorporate wireless charging in the lounges?
Maybe it's something you can bring up with the airlines, not just CX?
If I recall, HEL already has wireless charging pads scattered around not just the Finnair lounges but the public terminal those will likely be the older slow-charing ones but definitely think a case could be made for wireless charging at lounges and even on aircraft. At least one concept seat (Waterfront) has this built in and it makes a lot of sense.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by 380Flyer
Since most of the passengers on CX from SIN-HKG and SIN-BKK originate from Singapore (i.e. local traffic), there is no need for a shower (you either shower at your hotel or at home before heading to airport).
I live in Singapore and I am trying to have a shower every time I return to my home. Singapore is a hot and humid country, and the showers help me refresh a lot.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Quick question - anyone know how early we can check-in at Singapore T4? How many hours before the flight?

Could I check in the night before for an 8am flight? Or the morning for a 6pm flight?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Just got in on 659- goodie bags for all.

Will upload a video once I figure out how to- pleasant overall, but it's a walk!
djsflynn likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by jagmeets
Just got in on 659- goodie bags for all.

Will upload a video once I figure out how to- pleasant overall, but it's a walk!
Jealous. and ^
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Going by the jerky video on the phone in my pocket, I took 4:50mins from stepping off the plane, to hitting the immigration counters. Figured that I might as well get to be the first at immigration as well and get a pic with the ICA officers, so walked at a reasonable trot except for ~20secs when a reporter walked alongside asking a couple of questions.

Not too bad, but longer than T1. Surprisingly for SIN, there was a bit of a dearth of travelators, I thought.

Spent 4-5mins at the immigration counters. I didn't have a bag checked in, but bags had not started coming out by the time I reached the belts. Reckon that in T1, bags would start coming out just around when I'd reach the belts around 30% of the time.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by jagmeets
Going by the jerky video on the phone in my pocket, I took 4:50mins from stepping off the plane, to hitting the immigration counters. Figured that I might as well get to be the first at immigration as well and get a pic with the ICA officers, so walked at a reasonable trot except for ~20secs when a reporter walked alongside asking a couple of questions.

Not too bad, but longer than T1. Surprisingly for SIN, there was a bit of a dearth of travelators, I thought.

Spent 4-5mins at the immigration counters. I didn't have a bag checked in, but bags had not started coming out by the time I reached the belts. Reckon that in T1, bags would start coming out just around when I'd reach the belts around 30% of the time.
Super long walk and I counted all but TWO travellators. I had time to get to the money changer to change out my HKD to SGD and luggage barely arrived. mine the second bag and I think I was out of Customs 5:45ish. so T1 still topped it for me
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:47 pm

Long walk....reminds me of the Budget Terminal. This one's should be better, air-conditioned at least.

(Audio)
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by Audio
Long walk....reminds me of the Budget Terminal. This one's should be better, air-conditioned at least.

(Audio)
It's long because the widebody gates are dotted at the ends of the terminal. It's a straight line unlike the old BT where it winds up and you come down again.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Some article in the local newspapers today.

I wonder if anybody ended up at the wrong terminal (T1?)?

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...t?xtor=CS11-86
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:57 pm

As an ex-frequent traveller on the route, count me as a non-shower user. Transport in Singapore is efficient and times are not that variable, so if I spend >20 minutes in the lounge it's because something has gone wrong (or very right) with time management on the trip.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:55 pm

Wow, gonna try the new stuffs next month
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:18 pm

Live from Terminal 4.... that important Laksa bowl at new Dnata lounge.

(Audio)
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:53 pm

More pictures....

(Audio)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.