Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Ausbt review of Singapore T4 lounge:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-singapore-changi-terminal-4-business-class-lounge
Print Wikipost

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I asked the lounge dragon at the QF Lounge at SIN.
According to her, eligible CX-pass may still access the QF Lounge after the opening of T4. They just have to schlepp themselves over to T1.
This implies to me that pax may access T1/T2/T3 with a T4 boarding pass.
I don't know if this is true though.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by warakorn
According to her, eligible CX-pass may still access the QF Lounge after the opening of T4. They just have to schlepp themselves over to T1.
It could simply mean those transiting in SIN from QF to CX may still use QF Lounge before going T4 for CX flight....

I doubt if T1 would allow one with a T4 boarding pass to clear immigration there...
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:04 pm

So disappointed to hear there is no shower... on the largest outport lounge! Anyways, hope the rest parts are superior
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by djsflynn
* lounge has no showers, bar or barista
kpc likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:42 pm

I have been to Bangkok, Tokyo Haneda and Taipei Cathay Lounge - they all have the fundamental noodles bar, buffet corner, barista/bar section and maybe some have showers facilities.

Singapore being the "largest" outside of Hong Kong seems to be just a basic lounge enhanced with a noodles bar section.

Last edited by luv_flying; Oct 27, 2017 at 8:50 pm
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:45 pm

If that's the case, it is worthy exploring the alternative Blossom lounge jointly operated by (also) PP and SATS.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:30 pm

To qualify size: we'd previously been told by the former product manager that this would be the largest CX lounge outside of HKG, however at yesterday's media preview this was 'corrected' to be second-largest after TPE.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 2:44 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Is it the check in at T4, enter restricted area in T1 and bus to T4 method?

Anyone confirm SIN T1 allows this?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 3:04 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by percysmith
Is it the check in at T4, enter restricted area in T1 and bus to T4 method?

Anyone confirm SIN T1 allows this?
I doubt the QF lounge staff know the intricacies of whether T4 pax will be allowed in T1. They are just saying if any present themselves at the lounge they wont be denied entrance.

From what has been reported, I dont think those solely flying from T4 will be able to access T1 either via the airside bus or through direct entrance. The airside bus is there for those who need to transit between terminals for their next flight without entering Singapore.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by CX30616
So disappointed to hear there is no shower... on the largest outport lounge! Anyways, hope the rest parts are superior
I think TPE is the largest, but TPE also doesnt have a Shower. Maybe as a regional airport, CX didnt feel it was necessary as passengers can use the shower in HKG before their long haul flight.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:17 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Lol, as I have predicted, once the lounge is not meant to be a cash cow, CX will not put much effort into it.
spot on. with no other crowd to attract (whos native FFP pays CX 50USD if pax is mere econony flying OW to access) clearly there is no incentive for CX to make anything grand

and beyond that, CX must have lobbied SIN for "enhanced" T4 experience such that pax on cx cant visit other terminals, to prevent CX MPC gold/DM flying econony to use both BA and QF lounge (thats wopping 100 usd CX needs to pay QF and BA for cheapo hkg sin econ fare that goes for 250 usd)
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:23 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Lol, as I have predicted, once the lounge is not meant to be a cash cow, CX will not put much effort into it.
I dont understand this sentiment. Virtually identical lounges opened in TPE, MNL and BKK and these are highly appraised. Now that the same lounge has opened in SIN and its not good enough?
lhrpete and kaffir76 like this.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Could someone comment on how the lounge actually is? It seems folks are pretty negative, but have you guys visited yet?

Djsflynn, have you visited Taipei before? How do you rank that in comparison to the new SIN one in terms of vibe, what available, seating, layout, etc?

I just want to know how it is in reality. Gonna be a real bummer if it is indeed bad...but I think the negative opinions so far are based on what we're reading, right and not seeing yet?
sxc likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:33 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Originally Posted by CX30616
Since most of the passengers on CX from SIN-HKG and SIN-BKK originate from Singapore (i.e. local traffic), there is no need for a shower (you either shower at your hotel or at home before heading to airport).

The reason for CX to move to Terminal 4 were based on few factors:

- New terminal with innovative features introduced by Changi Airport Group (CAG).

- New lounge footprint keeping line with its airport services innovation to reflect the airline's Life Well Travelled ethos.

- Majority of the traffic is local with connecting traffic over Hong Kong so being away from T1-3 is not a disadvantage especially with the lack of monorail connectivity (this was a commercial decision by CAG based on the infrastructure constraints - you cannot build an overhead monorail as this would cut through the airport's taxiway and it is not feasible and going underground would be too expensive and not feasible with utilities pipes that may be in the way).
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Interesting sentiments

Originally Posted by sxc
I dont understand this sentiment. Virtually identical lounges opened in TPE, MNL and BKK and these are highly appraised. Now that the same lounge has opened in SIN and its not good enough?
+1
The 3 lounges mentioned above are awesome, & I have a feeling that the SIN lounge will be too! :-::-:

Originally Posted by 380Flyer
Since most of the passengers on CX from SIN-HKG and SIN-BKK originate from Singapore (i.e. local traffic), there is no need for a shower (you either shower at your hotel or at home before heading to airport).
+1
I don't get why not having showers is a damning factor.
Obviously, CX management has done their homework (I think, if you have info to the contrary, pls. do share) in determining whether the lounge needs one or not.
I don't feel that the SQ lounge @ BKK is any less stellar even though it does't have a shower.

I'd say let's wait till after 10/31 & the reviews start coming in before we jump the gun. And hopefully not just the naysayers' reviews.
If I get a chance to travel on CX before year's end, I'll do a short review as well.

*Travel happy, everyone*
lhrpete likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.