Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Ausbt review of Singapore T4 lounge:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-singapore-changi-terminal-4-business-class-lounge
Print Wikipost

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 8:12 pm

Hi all

Just a quick update that Blossom Lounge now accepts Priority Pass for entry.

This has been updated in the Priority Pass app.

Enjoy!

Originally Posted by luv_flying
Just learnt that the pay-per-use Blossom Lounge does not accept priority pass, diners club for now.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:31 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Question

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
I'm more concerned about the bar too TBH vs a shower.....

I wish there was a shower in CX lounge for sure! Is it possible to access BA lounge for a shower (holding OWS/OWE) status or are we prohibited from accessing other terminals airside?
royng likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
I wish there was a shower in CX lounge for sure! Is it possible to access BA lounge for a shower (holding OWS/OWE) status or are we prohibited from accessing other terminals airside?
there have been reports of succesful entry at T2/T3 landside to airside using a T4 CX BP.

Still unclear if you can go T4 airside to T2 (and beyond) airside, with a T4 BP.

Bear in mind T1 C gates / BA/QF lounge area is probably the farthest in the whole of Changi to reach T4 - so you would need to be pretty desperate or have plenty of time to do that
Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Originally Posted by landingpoint
Another data point: arrived on CX at T4. I parked my car at T2 South car park (i.e. the uncovered one) the day before. At the bottom of the escalator leading to T4 arrival immigration, I asked the T1-T3 transfer counter guy if I could take the airside bus to T2 and clear immigration from T2 (I have no check-in luggage). It was a no-go. So had to clear immigration from T4, take the public shuttle bus (long queues - waited 10 minutes for 2 buses till my turn!) and then a 10-minutes ride to T2.
An update: i sent an email to [email protected] to confirm the above and the reply was:
For arriving passengers, with no check-in luggage, they would be allowed to clear through other terminals. For your case, you should be allowed to head over to Terminal 2 to clear through the Arrival Immigration upon your request. We apologise as this could be an oversight of the ground staff. We are sincerely sorry about this lapse that had affected your arrival experience, and please be assured that we have forwarded your feedback to the company-in-charge for their attention and to remind all the staff on this.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
Was also disappointed to find the CX lounge did not have a shower. Hopped over to the Blossom/Plaza Premium lounge (Priority Pass) to shower before heading back to the CX lounge.
royng likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by landingpoint
An update: i sent an email to [email protected] to confirm the above and the reply was:

Just for info I went through a couple of days before Christmas having come in on Cathay with a connection T4-T1. There was considerable viewing of the onward boarding pass, taking photos of it and consulting computers before we were issued a big T1 sticker to wear and wait for the bus. It certainly didn't give the impression of something that was accessible to those without a T1 (2 or 3) departing boarding pass. Also. there seemed to be no aircon in the bus waiting area , was at least a 10 min wait before the bus arrived, might have been longer. About a 10 min transit once the bus got to T2 but it's a heck of a walk from there to the T1 gates. Would not want to do this with a short connection.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by ermen
there have been reports of succesful entry at T2/T3 landside to airside using a T4 CX BP.

Still unclear if you can go T4 airside to T2 (and beyond) airside, with a T4 BP.

Bear in mind T1 C gates / BA/QF lounge area is probably the farthest in the whole of Changi to reach T4 - so you would need to be pretty desperate or have plenty of time to do that
Any data points on whether a transit hotel booking would work for T4 -> T2 ?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:27 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by percysmith
​​​Today's detour (CX716 T4 Gate 21):

15:45 arrive t4
15:50 perform tax refund registration
15:57 completed check in start moving to t2 landside bus
16:04 board t2 bus
16:13 get off t2 bus
(16:17 reach t3
16:25 leave t3)
16:32 enter t2 immigration
16:38 exit t2 immigration
16:40 obtain tax refund cash
(Irvins and other shopping)
17:08 reach T2 gate 51, security check
17:15 board bus
17:24 get off bus, arrive at blossoms lounge
17:38 leave lounge
17:45 arrive T4 gate g21

The only thing was, the gate 51 receptionist was confused why I wasn't transferring from another flight, but I clarified I arrived yesterday and was allowed on the bus.
A more recent data point from friend of mine:

"Following your posted timeline, I boarded the bus and arrived T2. The guard told me I need a CX or AA stamp from T4 to pass his line at T2 and they have not allowed anyone to pass before(!?). This was not a new policy. So I went back to T4. I asked CX agent. She told me it has always been the policy travellers can only pass immigration at the departing terminal. After security and immigration at T4, there would be a guard who would inspect the BP. Only if the traveller has more than two hours would the officer allow airside transit to T2 by that bus. And they do not stamp or endorse anything on BP for that purpose."

I wish I provided him with my photos before the trip, but i don't know whether this was a real policy shift or just a problem with one shift.

Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by mcdullhk88
Any data points on whether a transit hotel booking would work for T4 -> T2 ?
where is your onward flight departing from?

Fwiw, i believe someone had done the T4 to T2 airside connection before for fun.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:58 pm

Please don't fool around with the transit areas in Changi Airport. There had been court cases when aircrew was fined for seeing his girlfriend off at departure gate during their off-duty hours.....or fans accessing transit areas with valid boarding passes, just to catch a glimpse of their favorite movie star or singers...they were caught and fined.

That Irvin's bag of salted egg potato chip isn't worth it....

(Audio)

Last edited by Audio; Jan 3, 2018 at 7:08 pm
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:32 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Audio
Please don't fool around with the transit areas in Changi Airport. There had been court cases when aircrew was fined for seeing his girlfriend off at departure gate during their off-duty hours.....or fans accessing transit areas with valid boarding passes, just to catch a glimpse of their favorite movie star or singers...they were caught and fined.
But that's not what I'm doing.

There were big warning signs in T2 saying I can only enter restricted area if I intend to fly.
It did not state I cannot fly from another terminal
And I do not think I created any security risks on my Irvins detour.

We got ten bags fish skin at T2. Gleefully gobbled up by me and the missus' co-workers in two days. It was worth it.

Last edited by percysmith; Jan 3, 2018 at 7:54 pm
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:35 pm

where is your onward flight departing from?

Fwiw, i believe someone had done the T4 to T2 airside connection before for fun.
Checking in night before, flying CX from T4, paid transit hotel already.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:43 pm

That Irvin's bag of salted egg potato chip isn't worth it....

(Audio)
Making a mountain of a molehill. This particular instance by the poster hardly classifies as a misuse of BP.
You won't be fined or arrested for accessing a different terminals airside.
Nor will you be fined or arrested for clearing inward immigration from a different terminal.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:04 pm

Making a mountain of a molehill. This particular instance by the poster hardly classifies as a misuse of BP..
I only put this in when there was a quote from someone that his friend enter into the other terminals "for fun". Obviously, I was hoping to steered him into the right direction.

(Audio)
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:52 pm

I only put this in when there was a quote from someone that his friend enter into the other terminals "for fun". Obviously, I was hoping to steered him into the right direction.

(Audio)
Fair enough
I have done both and haven't got arrested.
Clearing security / immigration at a different terminal seems hit and miss (and dependent on the mood of the security guard). Someone did mention it is a 10% failure rate.
Coming in, if you fill in an immigration form, they get slightly annoyed if you clear immigration at different arrival terminals, because apparently they need to bring the physical form back to the original terminal (must be filing issue)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.