Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jermyn
Reviews of the NEW T3 lounges:

First Class

Reviews of other T3 lounges:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11/25/review-american-airlines-lounge-london-heathrow-terminal-3/

http://jarvismarcos.com/2016/08/the-lounges-of-lhr-t3-ek-cx-and-ba-sept-2014/

Temporary closure of Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Heathrow Airport

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, London will be temporarily closed from 26 November 2015 to June 2016 for expansion and renovation.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver, Gold and Diamond members of the Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use the lounges of our partner airlines. All lounge invitations will be arranged for you upon check-in.

Reflecting our “Life Well Travelled” philosophy and our principle of considered design, this renovation follows updates to Cathay Pacific lounges in Tokyo (Haneda), Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei. With the addition of London, we look forward to providing you with an enhanced experience in the near future.
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:50 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Slightly OT,but I have seen a lot of questions on this forum about it.

AA Arrivals lounge has now reopened.
Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...-reopened.html
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by chater
I have been through LHR a few times since the CX lounge closed. Generally, check in staff direct passengers to the No. 1 lounge, and possibly the AA lounge (at least DM as they have an F section). They will use the phrase that "today, we are using the No.1 lounge". I once asked at check in if I could use the BA lounge, but was told that, due to volume of passengers, BA had "embargoed" CX passengers. I was Gold at the time and nevertheless went to the BA J lounge, and was welcomed without any problem. I have since been reinstated to DM, and have had no problems accessing the BA F lounge a couple of times notwithstanding that CX check-in will push passengers in the direction of the AA/No. 1 lounge.

I personally really like the English breakfast buffet in the BA F lounge, and the "bacon butties" in the BA J lounge are pretty good. However, decor and ambience are a great reminder of how spoiled we are in Hong Kong and how great the CX F/J lounges are in Hong Kong. The AA F lounge is rather small, but does have comfortable recliner chairs if you want to rest/nap while killing time waiting for a flight.

I have not been to the AA J lounge since CX opened its own lounge many years ago, and was never particularly impressed.

On my recent visit to Heathrow, I was slightly disappointed that the CX lounge was behind schedule and I could not visit, however, based on recent renovations, I am pretty sure that it will be worth the wait and will perhaps get me to the airport slightly earlier than would otherwise be the case.

I haven't been into the No.1 lounge, but I did have a quick look once, and it looked rather overcrowded and nothing particularly special.
BA T3 lounge only admin CX passengers after 7pm today. The counter said 3-7pm will not accept any CX passengers
Old Aug 5, 2016, 6:25 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kehkh
BA T3 lounge only admin CX passengers after 7pm today. The counter said 3-7pm will not accept any CX passengers
Which is weird because when I've been in the BA lounge between those hours it's been empty.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:29 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

For better or worse, this lounge will be managed by plaza premium.

The previous LHR lounges were pretty meh so I'm hoping it can only be an improvement.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by kehkh
They wouldn't even accept me as a CX DM flying on a BA flight (BA flight number on BA metal) - it wasn't because of capacity issues, it was just because I have status with CX.

I now tend to avoid BA as much as I can because they are so inconsistent in how they apply their policies. Plus their in ground and in flight services and offerings (or lack thereof) are awful.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:00 pm

Programs: MPC DM
Does anyone have any updates that they are able to share on expected re-opening? I am due to fly out of LHR on 29th August, and have my fingers crossed that the new CX lounge will be open, but somehow I'm not too optimistic!
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:04 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chater
Does anyone have any updates that they are able to share on expected re-opening? I am due to fly out of LHR on 29th August, and have my fingers crossed that the new CX lounge will be open, but somehow I'm not too optimistic!
There was something mentioned somewhere that the lounge opening has now been delayed to September. I can't remember where I read this though.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
There was something mentioned somewhere that the lounge opening has now been delayed to September. I can't remember where I read this though.
Thank you sxc. It was possibly the comment in this thread where a forum member suggested possibly 28th August or maybe 1 September. But looking through this thread again, another poster said "we'll know it when we know it" commenting that it is hard to pin down opening dates!
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:55 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

AusBT now reporting to open in September:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...open-in-august
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:41 am

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
The new target date is 01 Sep - possibly even 31 Aug.

There's a meeting with HAL the week before then and the date will be finalised at that meeting.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:27 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
In T3 right now. CX pax still directed to contract lounge. Too bad. Was hoping to check out the new digs. But BA F lounge not a bad consolation prize. (Flying out on AA.)
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:31 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Rumours are that the London lounges now won't open until further into September.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by sxc
Rumours are that the London lounges now won't open until further into September.
I am in T3 tomorrow again, was looking forward. My biweekly VIE commute has not been the same without CX lounge... I want DanDan noodles!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:04 am

Programs: CX Diamond
any news about the lounge being opened yet ?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by CXDM
any news about the lounge being opened yet ?
I passed through on 29 August, and it's not ready yet. Out of interest, I asked the check in agent if he knew about status. I have no idea what the entire build/fit out process is, but he said control has been handed back to CX and is now being fit out, which could take another 10+ days. A press release would come out nearer the opening time when they have a firm date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.