Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jermyn
Reviews of the NEW T3 lounges:

First Class

Reviews of other T3 lounges:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11/25/review-american-airlines-lounge-london-heathrow-terminal-3/

http://jarvismarcos.com/2016/08/the-lounges-of-lhr-t3-ek-cx-and-ba-sept-2014/

Temporary closure of Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Heathrow Airport

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, London will be temporarily closed from 26 November 2015 to June 2016 for expansion and renovation.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver, Gold and Diamond members of the Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use the lounges of our partner airlines. All lounge invitations will be arranged for you upon check-in.

Reflecting our “Life Well Travelled” philosophy and our principle of considered design, this renovation follows updates to Cathay Pacific lounges in Tokyo (Haneda), Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei. With the addition of London, we look forward to providing you with an enhanced experience in the near future.
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:36 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Yes to both ESFLYER bit of a do-over/ upgrade of my b'day trip from 2 years ago!

QF F , Suites at PH Dubai and Abu Dhabi, EY Apt home
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Jermyn
Yes to both ESFLYER bit of a do-over/ upgrade of my b'day trip from 2 years ago!

QF F , Suites at PH Dubai and Abu Dhabi, EY Apt home
Standard! Have a great trip.

Now back on topic....
Old Sep 15, 2016, 5:44 am
pH

Programs: AA EXP
What a bummer...will be headed through T3 in AA J on 13 October, was very much hoping to try the new lounge.

I asked the CX UK twitter team for an update and they replied:

'we don't currently have a opening date for our LHR lounge. Once we have more information we will publish it on our website.'
Old Sep 24, 2016, 12:40 am

Hi all,
Travelling business class LHR down to Perth (Australia) on the 5th of November.
Our first time with Cathay and looking forward to seeing the new lounge.
What is the latest timing on when it will be finished?
Thanks,
Mklions
Old Sep 24, 2016, 12:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mklions
Hi all,
Travelling business class LHR down to Perth (Australia) on the 5th of November.
Our first time with Cathay and looking forward to seeing the new lounge.
What is the latest timing on when it will be finished?
Thanks,
Mklions
See sxc's post #147 a few up. Although since this has been delayed many times now - I think originally it was supposed to be June? - don't be surprised if it slips futher.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm flying to BCN near the end of October. Should I hope to see this lounge open by then?
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:52 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
No further information at this point but based on what I heard, wouldn't be surprised if there were further delays.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 4:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sxc
No further information at this point but based on what I heard, wouldn't be surprised if there were further delays.
You promised mid October! I have a T3 flight at the end of the month. Please ensure no further delays
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:40 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Any news or someone pass by to see how it looks out there?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:51 am

Would be nice to have a update?, and to fully understand why it has taken so long.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash
Any news or someone pass by to see how it looks out there?
Just had a little investigate.
The entire lounge area is behind wooden hoardings and 'commercial delivery site' notices. Unlike the two other 'under construction' lounges in T3, where you can see inside, the glass pane in the door has been blocked so you can't see a dicky bird.
No activity going on at all, but then it's Sunday.
Even so, doesn't feel like a lounge that's anywhere near its grand opening...

Last edited by ChemicalWoody; Oct 9, 2016 at 8:58 am
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:00 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
i think it will open as soon as practical. Bkk lounge i recall looked like that just ahead of open.... cx has nested interest....not to look after its premium pax but to charge other OW guests into their new lounge. when $$$ is in their sight, trust me they will get this sorted...
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:07 am

Programs: Meh
Flying out to HKG Nov. 21 hope it is open by then,. Would be such a treat to experience a top class lounge in LHR.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
Having just enjoyed their TPE J lounge and HKG F Pier lounge again today, I do feel they are doing a great job in this area. BKK is too small though for the volume at certain times. LHR should be good....
Old Oct 10, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
The past year has truly been a sad time for those travelling through LHR T3. BA and AA lounges are really bad for an airport this size. Getting two great lounges (QF being the other one), I'm really looking forward to the new experience at LHR T3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.