Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jermyn
Reviews of the NEW T3 lounges:

First Class

Reviews of other T3 lounges:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11/25/review-american-airlines-lounge-london-heathrow-terminal-3/

http://jarvismarcos.com/2016/08/the-lounges-of-lhr-t3-ek-cx-and-ba-sept-2014/

Temporary closure of Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Heathrow Airport

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, London will be temporarily closed from 26 November 2015 to June 2016 for expansion and renovation.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver, Gold and Diamond members of the Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use the lounges of our partner airlines. All lounge invitations will be arranged for you upon check-in.

Reflecting our “Life Well Travelled” philosophy and our principle of considered design, this renovation follows updates to Cathay Pacific lounges in Tokyo (Haneda), Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei. With the addition of London, we look forward to providing you with an enhanced experience in the near future.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 1:58 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador

I was in the lounge on Friday at about 1pm and there was some sort of a meeting in the bar area next to the noodle station - about 10 people from CX (they had CX badges) and a construction company (as there were some plans put on the table).

I tried to mind my own business, but at one stage someone said quite loudly something about seven showers.

I guess they might have been talking about some sort of lounge upgrade/renovation

PS. It was C-class lounge (as I credited the flight to AB and I am only OWS with AB).
Old Oct 18, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: CX DM, QF PL
Originally Posted by TPJ
I was in the lounge on Friday at about 1pm and there was some sort of a meeting in the bar area next to the noodle station - about 10 people from CX (they had CX badges) and a construction company (as there were some plans put on the table).

I tried to mind my own business, but at one stage someone said quite loudly something about seven showers.

I guess they might have been talking about some sort of lounge upgrade/renovation

PS. It was C-class lounge (as I credited the flight to AB and I am only OWS with AB).
Yes, lounge will be closed for renovation later this year according to Aus BT. Re-design to follow the Ilse Crawford styling (like HND, BKK, MNL and The Pier FCL)
Old Oct 18, 2015, 5:29 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Any idea what the alternative temporary lounge will be?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
Just curious - why not show them your EXP card and go to the F lounge? I'm 90% sure it won't be a problem that way, even if your BP has the AB number and says Sapphire.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by sxc
Any idea what the alternative temporary lounge will be?
Hope to be the BA Lounge at Terminal 3
Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
Emirates are moving out of the lounge next door. CX will take over that lounge, knock down the wall and Ilse Crawford will be designing the 'new' lounge. Estimates are that the lounge will be closed for 3-4 months.

The AA and BA lounges will be the temporary alternatives.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 1:07 pm

Isn't Terminal 3 supposed to be demolished by 2019? If so, that would be a waste. Then again. 3-4 years is a long time anyway.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Originally Posted by maortega15
Isn't Terminal 3 supposed to be demolished by 2019? If so, that would be a waste. Then again. 3-4 years is a long time anyway.
When this has been discussed on the BA board, the consensus has been that they're now waaaay behind on the airport renovation project that will eventually see T3 redone. So wouldn't surprise me if other T3 carriers have rethought the economics of this kind of investment.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA SILVER!! (After 7 years of trying...)
Any ideas when it's due to close? I'll be flying out in a couple of weeks and hoped to check out the noodles!
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:51 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Since we haven't heard anything publicly about the closure schedule I suspect a few weeks time will be safe.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
Originally Posted by livingforever
Any ideas when it's due to close? I'll be flying out in a couple of weeks and hoped to check out the noodles!
There's no firm date yet. It's likely to be after Christmas.

You'll definitely get your noodles in a couple of weeks.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:16 am

Programs: BA SILVER!! (After 7 years of trying...)
Originally Posted by Cassie55
There's no firm date yet. It's likely to be after Christmas.

You'll definitely get your noodles in a couple of weeks.
Great, thanks! Should I, perhaps,be a bit less excited about the noodles?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:48 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by livingforever
Great, thanks! Should I, perhaps,be a bit less excited about the noodles?
Yes because they're really not that great.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:52 am

Programs: MPC, OneWorld, 1865 Voyager, Hyatt, Horizon Club
Originally Posted by sxc
Yes because they're really not that great.
bit of an understatement.. it's a soggy mushy bowl of tastelessness.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 5:06 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by stargold
Just curious - why not show them your EXP card and go to the F lounge? I'm 90% sure it won't be a problem that way, even if your BP has the AB number and says Sapphire.
Good point... Looks like I didn't think about this option

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.