Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jermyn
Reviews of the NEW T3 lounges:

First Class

Reviews of other T3 lounges:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11/25/review-american-airlines-lounge-london-heathrow-terminal-3/

http://jarvismarcos.com/2016/08/the-lounges-of-lhr-t3-ek-cx-and-ba-sept-2014/

Temporary closure of Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Heathrow Airport

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, London will be temporarily closed from 26 November 2015 to June 2016 for expansion and renovation.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver, Gold and Diamond members of the Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use the lounges of our partner airlines. All lounge invitations will be arranged for you upon check-in.

Reflecting our “Life Well Travelled” philosophy and our principle of considered design, this renovation follows updates to Cathay Pacific lounges in Tokyo (Haneda), Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei. With the addition of London, we look forward to providing you with an enhanced experience in the near future.
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: CX DM
I was told by the CX check in counter staff not to use BA first lounge because it was over crowded. She told me to use AA lounge instead but it closed at 16:30 and my flight was 18:05. I decided to go to BA First lounge and it was just normal. The CX check in counter staff was misleading !
Old Dec 19, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by amgsl55
I was told by the CX check in counter staff not to use BA first lounge because it was over crowded. She told me to use AA lounge instead but it closed at 16:30 and my flight was 18:05. I decided to go to BA First lounge and it was just normal. The CX check in counter staff was misleading !
In my experience "normal" is an overcrowded BA Galleries First Lounge.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
Yes, they are providing access to the No. 1 Lounge at check in.

I used the BA first lounge, so cannot say if it is any good or not.
Does anybody on the CX board have information on the quality of this "No 1. Lounge". Some of the paid-entrance lounges seem to be quite enjoyable, how would the experts here rate this one?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by mosburger
Does anybody on the CX board have information on the quality of this "No 1. Lounge". Some of the paid-entrance lounges seem to be quite enjoyable, how would the experts here rate this one?
I tried to use this lounge last Wednesday morning before the CX252 as a Priority Pass member and was told it wasn't accepting PP members for another hour as they were busy, but they were happily accepting airline pax.

It looked nice from the entrance. You get a choice of a hot dish and a buffet to select from. PP members had to use the Swissport lounge next door. It was like a glorified bus terminal. No hot food( at breakfast at least, there was a soup tureen that wasn't in use) , limited fruit salad and some pastries that had seen better days.

If I can't get in to the No 1 lounge next time I won't waste my visit at Swissport again. Will be interesting to see if No 1 is still that busy when the CX lounge reopens.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Only just discovered that my favourite T3 lounge is closed. Sad to miss my breakfast noodle. Sadder still to think that the nice staff may have been laid off, given the length of the closure. I wish they'd seconded some of them to the BA lounge to provide noodles, at least!
The staffer I spoke with stated they were all being assigned to the contract lounge while the work is being completed. She didn't seem at all down about it so hopefully no one was impacted.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mcgahat
In my experience "normal" is an overcrowded BA Galleries First Lounge.
This is not my experience, especially at T3. In fact, i do not recall ever seeing the BA LHR T3 First lounge crowded. I am sure it must happen occasionally but it is far from being the norm, imo.

The T5 lounge is another story: it is much busier.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by NickB
This is not my experience, especially at T3. In fact, i do not recall ever seeing the BA LHR T3 First lounge crowded. I am sure it must happen occasionally but it is far from being the norm, imo.

The T5 lounge is another story: it is much busier.
Maybe I will try again then but tried 3 times in the last month with all being around 2PM on a Saturday and always pretty crowded. It wasn't unmanageable but not what I would expect from a "first" lounge. It seemed about like a T5 experience really.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
does any CX First pax got the Dining Invite to access the First Dining Room in BA First Lounge?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mosburger
It is relatively decent as a third party lounge. Not quite the Dilmum lounge at BAH but not bad. The food is decentish but the drinks selection isn't the greatest.

Flying F tonight with BA to YVR and just popped up to the No 1 lounge as Mrs LoM had a spa booking there, and we were refused entry with PP as they were "too full". I noticed that AY and CX are directing premium cabin and elite passengers to the No 1 lounge rather than AA or BA. Are CX F passengers getting some credit for premium drinks too or just admittance? If not I wouldn't choose that lounge over the BA F or AA FL lounges.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by derek2010
does any CX First pax got the Dining Invite to access the First Dining Room in BA First Lounge?
Unfortunately, it appears to be just for departing BA F passengers (i.e. not status or those in F on other carriers from T3)
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
It is relatively decent as a third party lounge. Not quite the Dilmum lounge at BAH but not bad. The food is decentish but the drinks selection isn't the greatest.

Flying F tonight with BA to YVR and just popped up to the No 1 lounge as Mrs LoM had a spa booking there, and we were refused entry with PP as they were "too full". I noticed that AY and CX are directing premium cabin and elite passengers to the No 1 lounge rather than AA or BA. Are CX F passengers getting some credit for premium drinks too or just admittance? If not I wouldn't choose that lounge over the BA F or AA FL lounges.
Thank you for the insights. Doesn't sound too bad despite of the crowding issue.

Food would indeed be my main lounge choosing criteria before a CX longhaul out of LHR as I'd prefer to rest during the flight and only eat breakfast before landing.

Apart from that, the T3 airside commercial eateries tend to to be generic in their offering and decoration. Caviar House maybe differing a bit, but with rather premium prices.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Unfortunately, it appears to be just for departing BA F passengers (i.e. not status or those in F on other carriers from T3)
Only the T5 Concorde Room is restricted to BA passengers only. The T3 lounges are open to Oneworld members.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phol
Only the T5 Concorde Room is restricted to BA passengers only. The T3 lounges are open to Oneworld members.
but pre-flight dining is reserved to BA pax in the relevant class of travel, not other OW airlines' pax, with or without status.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by phol
The BA Galleries First lounge in T3 has a separate First Dining Room within the lounge, which has a separate menu (and waiter service) in the evenings for BA First passengers only.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: Intercontinental Gold Ambassador | British Airways Silver EC
LHR T3 Business Class Refurbishment

Hi all. I'm flying American Airlines (AA0107) in business class from LHR terminal 3. I'm only using AA because there is no reward flight availability with British Airways and I have never been to terminal 3 before.

I've heard terrible things about the AA Admirals lounge at T3 but I've been told that passengers may use the Cathay Pacific lounge instead (is that correct?). The current refurbishments to the Cathay lounge will be completed by the time I fly. Are there any renderings knocking about for the new Cathay lounge? I'd love to know what to expect.

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.