Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jermyn
Reviews of the NEW T3 lounges:

First Class

Reviews of other T3 lounges:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11/25/review-american-airlines-lounge-london-heathrow-terminal-3/

http://jarvismarcos.com/2016/08/the-lounges-of-lhr-t3-ek-cx-and-ba-sept-2014/

Temporary closure of Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Heathrow Airport

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, London will be temporarily closed from 26 November 2015 to June 2016 for expansion and renovation.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver, Gold and Diamond members of the Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use the lounges of our partner airlines. All lounge invitations will be arranged for you upon check-in.

Reflecting our “Life Well Travelled” philosophy and our principle of considered design, this renovation follows updates to Cathay Pacific lounges in Tokyo (Haneda), Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei. With the addition of London, we look forward to providing you with an enhanced experience in the near future.
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
I will be flying out of LHR in two weeks. In case if the CX lounge further delays its opening, which lounge shall I go? BA Gallery First or AA Flagship? Any folks here have had LHR trips recently and wanted to share?

I haven't been flying out of LHR for 2.5 years now, trying to avoid it at all cost until this trip
Try both? They are only a 1-2 minute walk apart.

I think both have strengths and weaknesses. Depends what you like in a lounge.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Try both? They are only a 1-2 minute walk apart.

I think both have strengths and weaknesses. Depends what you like in a lounge.
Flying F late November -London call centre advised cant use BA First lounge only AA and that new lounge 'delayed'
Old Oct 31, 2016, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Flying F late November -London call centre advised cant use BA First lounge only AA and that new lounge 'delayed'
Hi,

I'm fairly sure that as a F pax you can use any OW F lounge ( ie you can use the BA First lounge in T3)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:02 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You can use either the AA or BA F lounges in T3. Also I think CX passengers are being offered the no 1 lounge as well whilst the CX lounge is closed.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 7:10 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I'm fairly sure that as a F pax you can use any OW F lounge ( ie you can use the BA First lounge in T3)

Regards

TBS
Unless they cite capacity control....
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I used the BA GF lounge last Friday, no problems. Had a nice facial in the Elemis spa too. I walked by the construction and saw no activity early Friday afternoon. Like I said above, it's probably a legal/safety/rent issue that is being settled in an office somewhere.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:41 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
For clarity - are you saying that the new Cathay Pacific lounge at London Heathrow opens on Saturday 5th November? Is this confirmed?
Originally Posted by djsflynn
As far as I know, still at least a fortnight away.
I have a 5.5 hour transit at LHR T3 in early April 17...I hope to try out both (CX and QF) new lounges then
Old Nov 1, 2016, 4:16 am

Access to the BA First lounge with a QF F ticket is NEVER a problem !
Flying tomorrow and received a few days ago an email to remind me to call them for an appointment at the Elemis Spa too.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: BA
Lets look on the bright side.

At least there have been no reports of organised labour being unhappy about who did the work, and are using their dominant position at Heathrow to pressurise the airport into refusing Cathay permission to open, otherwise the absence of motivation to compromise could have resulted in the sage running forever.

As there is currently no work being done, hopefully the work is complete and the problem is little more than a rent dispute which will soon be resolved.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I am passing by on Nov 12th and will report back on the state of the affairs. I cannot believe it has taken a year already!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm in T3 flying to AKL via HKG tomorrow. Gutted it's not going to be open.

Will console myself with the Pier F instead at HKG
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: CX Diamond; OZ Diamond;QF
Went through LHR this week on CX (Halloween). When checking in I asked when the lounge would be ready. Was told by the person who checked me in that they thought it would be January, but that her boss thought December.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by ieuan1
Went through LHR this week on CX (Halloween). When checking in I asked when the lounge would be ready. Was told by the person who checked me in that they thought it would be January, but that her boss thought December.
So in September it was going to be October
in October it was going to be November
Followed by the CX manager in Paris telling someone the 6th November.

Now, in November, it is going to be December maybe January meaning it is slipping faster than the clock is ticking and the 'time to completion' is increasing rather than reducing suggesting that they do not have a plan for completing the work.

So, given it would appear that there is reportedly no work currently taking place, it may well be that the actual 'fit out' work on the lounge is probably complete but they still have no idea about how they are going to arrive at a point where the lounge can open.

Something tells me there is a serious legal / admin problem and I would not be at all surprised if it transpires that the real answer is that whatever the problem is, it is not solvable on any meaningful economic basis but it is simply culturally too difficult to admit that the real answer is NEVER.

Which brings one onto the real question which is:
Assuming it never does open, what are the chances we will ever know why it did not re-open?

What is the betting that this will also be culturally too difficult to fess up to?

Last edited by corfe mixture; Nov 6, 2016 at 1:56 am
Old Nov 6, 2016, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by corfe mixture
So in September it was going to be October

I would not be at all surprised if it transpires that the real answer is that whatever the problem is, it is not solvable on any meaningful economic basis but it is simply culturally too difficult to admit that the real answer is NEVER.

Assuming it never does open, what are the chances we will ever know why it did not re-open?

What is the betting that this will also be culturally too difficult to fess up to?
WOW. Just wow. Really? It's not the end of the world if it takes another few months. At LGW there's no CX lounge.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 3:37 am

Programs: RJ Platinum, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by delfindo
WOW. Just wow. Really? It's not the end of the world if it takes another few months. At LGW there's no CX lounge.
+1

You have to give credit to CX. Despite the fact that there are AA and BA lounges,they have also contracted No1 and arranged a separate seating area for F/OWE. None of them are Pier F level,but there are much worse airports (lounge wise) to be stuck in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.