Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jermyn
Reviews of the NEW T3 lounges:

First Class

Reviews of other T3 lounges:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11/25/review-american-airlines-lounge-london-heathrow-terminal-3/

http://jarvismarcos.com/2016/08/the-lounges-of-lhr-t3-ek-cx-and-ba-sept-2014/

Temporary closure of Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Heathrow Airport

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, London will be temporarily closed from 26 November 2015 to June 2016 for expansion and renovation.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver, Gold and Diamond members of the Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use the lounges of our partner airlines. All lounge invitations will be arranged for you upon check-in.

Reflecting our “Life Well Travelled” philosophy and our principle of considered design, this renovation follows updates to Cathay Pacific lounges in Tokyo (Haneda), Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei. With the addition of London, we look forward to providing you with an enhanced experience in the near future.
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2016, 6:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I went past the area the other day and there was definitely work ongoing, though traditionally most construction work inside LHR takes place between 21 hrs and 04:00 hrs.
Originally Posted by sxc
This would explain why most people who pass the area are saying they don't hear any construction work.
I was in T3 late earlier this week and spoke to one of the guys working on the lounge. The construction contractors are paying overtime to get the lounge done, they are working 6 nights a week (Friday/Saturday is their night off) on shifts up to 9.5 hours long. I didn't get clear visibility as to completion, but I would guess (repeat, guess) about a month from the state of the place. In time for Crimbo?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:57 pm

Article today in AusBT, "airline now hopes to cut the ribbon in December" - http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...rrivals-lounge
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:46 am

Programs: BA
Hmmm. So the answer is still the perpetual 'Next Month'.

Personally, despite the reliable reports of work now being underway, I'll only believe it when it happens.

FWIW, I am about to take my first and probably my last flight with Cathay. Thought I would try them as I like the Zodiac Cirrus seats, but, with only 30kg baggage allowance in business class, for the first time in my life I am having to think about weight.

From where I sit, the seat seems to be the only good thing about Cathay. Already decided to use Finnair next time!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corfe mixture
Hmmm. So the answer is still the perpetual 'Next Month'.

Personally, despite the reliable reports of work now being underway, I'll only believe it when it happens.

FWIW, I am about to take my first and probably my last flight with Cathay. Thought I would try them as I like the Zodiac Cirrus seats, but, with only 30kg baggage allowance in business class, for the first time in my life I am having to think about weight.

From where I sit, the seat seems to be the only good thing about Cathay. Already decided to use Finnair next time!
It's 40kg for J http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_G...c-flights.html
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
It's 40kg for J

I booked before 15th September and I am not a member of Marco Polo club.

All I get is the current Y class allowance of 30kg!!

Not bad for over Ł4,000 per person! And yes, I am paying myself and it is neither chargeable as business expenses, nor tax deductible.

But let's not take the thread off topic. All I was saying is that, as a first time flyer with Cathay, the lounge story appears indicative of a generally poor appreciation of the value of J class passengers.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:24 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I booked before 15th September and I am not a member of Marco Polo club.

All I get is the current Y class allowance of 30kg!!

Not bad for over Ł4,000 per person! And yes, I am paying myself and it is neither chargeable as business expenses, nor tax deductible.

But let's not take the thread off topic. All I was saying is that, as a first time flyer with Cathay, the lounge story appears indicative of a generally poor appreciation of the value of J class passengers.
Quite the opposite. This is the third new CX lounge at LHR in 14 years. I would like to know another airline that has completely renovated their lounge at an outport this many times in as many years.

Yes this renovation has run into hiccups. But I doubt it's intentional - it's just a run of bad luck.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:26 am

CX are prepared to invest in renovating a lounge which frankly looked in decent shape anyway so perhaps that willingness to invest shows a different side of that appreciation for their premium passengers, regardless of the unfortunate execution. Also the baggage allowance for J customers has now increased as you note, so again seems like they are giving J customers more.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:36 am

....Also the baggage allowance for J customers has now increased as you note, so again seems like they are giving J customers more.

The new allowance is still a lot less than either BA or Finnair and there will be non-status pax in premium economy on the same aircraft as me with more baggage allowance than I am getting.

Please explain to me what should make me conclude they are giving this J class customer more.

Think you guys are looking at Cathay through rose coloured spectacles, but then perception is subject to error and variability.

My final destination is SYD, and we decided to stop over in Hong Kong rather than Singapore, but the bottom line is that my alternatives included Emirates, Ethiad, Qantas, Singapore, BA, Finnair/Qantas and so lots of choices for next time.

Just sad that, Cathay have not met my personal expectations of a J class product in a number of respects. If it was just one thing, the I might have come back and tried them again, but my experience has been one of multiple shortcomings and a don't care - 'that's the way it is' attitude, particularly over the baggage issue.

I will give you the last word as I feel that I have already taken this thread too far off topic.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:40 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Also the baggage allowance for J customers has now increased as you note, so again seems like they are giving J customers more.
Think karfa missed this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...l#post27479352
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
That is true, I did, sorry. I looked up the current allowance and didn't note that there was an older one which some passengers were still on.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:25 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
That is true, I did, sorry. I looked up the current allowance and didn't note that there was an older one which some passengers were still on.
No, CX is merely codifying a soft allowance they had previously http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...l#post27476756

Then imposing a piece limit so it's a diminution of benefits. Or to put it in BA speak, an enhancement.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
The lounge is re-opening within the week - a soft opening.

The official opening is likely to be 5Dec.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Cassie55

Am passing through on 2 December so hopefully it will be open by then, whether in soft or hard form!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
That's good news. I'll pass through on Dec 22nd and hope to give it a try.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Cassie55

We're transitting t3 for 4 tomorrow - excited that it could be soft open, then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.