FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:36 am
corfe mixture

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by ieuan1
Went through LHR this week on CX (Halloween). When checking in I asked when the lounge would be ready. Was told by the person who checked me in that they thought it would be January, but that her boss thought December.
So in September it was going to be October
in October it was going to be November
Followed by the CX manager in Paris telling someone the 6th November.

Now, in November, it is going to be December maybe January meaning it is slipping faster than the clock is ticking and the 'time to completion' is increasing rather than reducing suggesting that they do not have a plan for completing the work.

So, given it would appear that there is reportedly no work currently taking place, it may well be that the actual 'fit out' work on the lounge is probably complete but they still have no idea about how they are going to arrive at a point where the lounge can open.

Something tells me there is a serious legal / admin problem and I would not be at all surprised if it transpires that the real answer is that whatever the problem is, it is not solvable on any meaningful economic basis but it is simply culturally too difficult to admit that the real answer is NEVER.

Which brings one onto the real question which is:
Assuming it never does open, what are the chances we will ever know why it did not re-open?

What is the betting that this will also be culturally too difficult to fess up to?

Last edited by corfe mixture; Nov 6, 2016 at 1:56 am