Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Old Nov 19, 15, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jermyn
Reviews of the NEW T3 lounges:

First Class

Reviews of other T3 lounges:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11/25/review-american-airlines-lounge-london-heathrow-terminal-3/

http://jarvismarcos.com/2016/08/the-lounges-of-lhr-t3-ek-cx-and-ba-sept-2014/

Temporary closure of Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Heathrow Airport

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, London will be temporarily closed from 26 November 2015 to June 2016 for expansion and renovation.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver, Gold and Diamond members of the Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use the lounges of our partner airlines. All lounge invitations will be arranged for you upon check-in.

Reflecting our Life Well Travelled philosophy and our principle of considered design, this renovation follows updates to Cathay Pacific lounges in Tokyo (Haneda), Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei. With the addition of London, we look forward to providing you with an enhanced experience in the near future.
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Old May 18, 16, 3:38 am
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant View Post
As of this morning, I came into my client site and a lovely CX representative was handing out leaflets in regards for CX event at my client site.

For anyone hoping the CX lounge would be open in June/July, the CX Lounge in T3 will reopen in August according to this leaflet (which I'm quite bummed since I have some T3 flights in June/July).

Attachment 10983
Thanks for the bad news. Thread title has been updated.

Interesting they are now promoting the limousine transfer again. I thought it had gone away.

Also, I thought this was only available on J/C class fares, I would think that HSBC's contract wouldn't be booked into these classes?
Old May 18, 16, 3:54 am

Programs: DL: Platinum, UA: Silver, AMEX Plat, Hyatt: Globalist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite & Ambassador
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
Thanks for the bad news. Thread title has been updated.

Interesting they are now promoting the limousine transfer again. I thought it had gone away.

Also, I thought this was only available on J/C class fares, I would think that HSBC's contract wouldn't be booked into these classes?
The transfer promotion is very interesting - I'm planning to go down during lunch time and speak to CX representative. If anything interesting comes up, will post shortly~~
Old May 18, 16, 4:10 am
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant View Post
The transfer promotion is very interesting - I'm planning to go down during lunch time and speak to CX representative. If anything interesting comes up, will post shortly~~
This was the old discussion on this. You can post here your findings:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...sengers-3.html
Old May 23, 16, 8:08 pm

New CX F, J lounges for Heathrow to open in August

* August is likely opening month (have also heard 'late July' and 'Q3' but August firming up as fave)
* F lounge to be a 'mini-Pier' in design, features
* J lounge to include Noodle Bar, Food Hall (new concept from The Pier J)
* showers for both lounges, there's a chance these will be shared (as in 'shared between F and J lounges', not 'shared by travellers'! :P )
* curry, fish & chips and a UK craft beer could line up alongside Dan Dan noodles at The Noodle Bar

http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...open-in-august
Old May 24, 16, 12:56 am

Programs: RJ Emerald
Originally Posted by djsflynn View Post
* August is likely opening month (have also heard 'late July' and 'Q3' but August firming up as fave)
* showers for both lounges, there's a chance these will be shared (as in 'shared between F and J lounges', not 'shared by travellers'! :P )
* curry, fish & chips and a UK craft beer could line up alongside Dan Dan noodles at The Noodle Bar

LHR is the first renovated F class lounge in an outstation and the second after The Pier IIRC,so it will be intresting to see if it will have the same amenities as The Pier.

As for shared showers,I remember there was an intresting loophole and J lounge pax could end up in F lounge bypassing the reception,because the toilets and showers were shared.

UPD:Just read the article,small dining room in F and a tended bar (in J?) sound very promising.

That said,I have a feeling that the lounge will be really overcrowded with all the BA folks traveling on short haul flights moving over to the CX lounge,because the BA J/F lounges are a really sad affair. I am not sure the 30% capacity increase will cover this.

Last edited by Rami Tamimi; May 24, 16 at 1:02 am
Old May 24, 16, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi View Post
... I have a feeling that the lounge will be really overcrowded with all the BA folks traveling on short haul flights moving over to the CX lounge,because the BA J/F lounges are a really sad affair. I am not sure the 30% capacity increase will cover this.
I can see some BA flyers hopping into the CX lounges, and from early 2017 I think we'll see some jumping into the new Qantas lounge too (the QF lounge being next door to the CX ones)... but in my experience, I am surprised by how many travellers (and these are frequent flyers, albeit not the sort of capital-F 'Frequent Flyers' of FT) have no idea about reciprocal lounge access via OneWorld (eg QF Platinums and Golds who go to the lounge where QF sends them, not knowing that they can also use other OneWorld lounges such as CX).

And either way, if overcrowding does become an issue I'm sure Cathay Pacific will be quick to turn away the non-CX flyers, as they're already doing at SFO for example.
Old May 24, 16, 6:59 am

Programs: RJ Emerald
I can see some BA flyers hopping into the CX lounges, and from early 2017 I think we'll see some jumping into the new Qantas lounge too (the QF lounge being next door to the CX ones)... but in my experience, I am surprised by how many travellers (and these are frequent flyers, albeit not the sort of capital-F 'Frequent Flyers' of FT) have no idea about reciprocal lounge access via OneWorld (eg QF Platinums and Golds who go to the lounge where QF sends them, not knowing that they can also use other OneWorld lounges such as CX).

And either way, if overcrowding does become an issue I'm sure Cathay Pacific will be quick to turn away the non-CX flyers, as they're already doing at SFO for example.
While I don't know what's the statistics for LHR,your logic is certainly valid,I have been told by those airlines that use PP lounge in HKG that around 80-90% of their pax including Sapphire/Emeralds just stick with PP and don't go to the CX lounges. Hopefully CX will have enough visitors to generate a healty revenue from charging OW airlines,but not too many as not to cause overcrowding ( I have a self interest here,as I take a lot of RJ flights ex LHR T3 and CX has always been my primary lounge in LHR).
Old May 24, 16, 7:56 am

Programs: DL: Platinum, UA: Silver, AMEX Plat, Hyatt: Globalist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite & Ambassador

+1 When I fly out of T3 for BA I always use CX lounge~~
Old May 25, 16, 3:17 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt

Sounds very promising so far, thanks for sharing!
Old Jun 20, 16, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Any news of a date yet? Travelling at the start of Aug, but I'm not holding my breath for then
Old Jun 20, 16, 4:40 am

Programs: BA blue
Craft beer? Looking forward to this. If they have pizza like at the bridge as well, it would make things even better.
Old Jun 20, 16, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Any news of a date yet? Travelling at the start of Aug, but I'm not holding my breath for then
Opening should happen in Q3, thus, an opening by Sept 30 would still be punctual.
Old Jun 21, 16, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by Kip64 View Post
CX indeed, most if not all airlines rarely lock in a date until much much closer to the actual opening, and even then I've seen quite some slippage from the date advised to media 1-2 weeks out to the actual opening. In other words, we'll know it when we know it.
Old Jun 21, 16, 6:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Its not enough that the refurb is finished - the caterer and all other service providers must be committing to an opening date. Otherwise, the lounge can only offer pretzels.
Old Jun 26, 16, 10:51 am

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
Target opening date is now 01August.

There's a couple of hospitality events at the end of July planned followed by the official opening.

Search this Thread