Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles expiration in time of Coronavirus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asia Miles expiration in time of Coronavirus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2021, 8:55 am
pjs

Can confirm that the 3k transfer (used 2k from Amex and 1k from Citi) works to reinstate expired miles. I didn't even contact them beforehand. Just did the transfer on 6/3 (miles expired 5/31) and emailed to let them know. They emailed me back and confirmed miles would be reinstated in 2-3 days.
soy likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by justin1123
Similar situation. I am deciding which hotels to transfer from - Hilton, IHG, Radisson, Best Western.
Can anyone advise on expected transfer times for any of these?
My first transfer partner was Marriott and these went through in a couple of days

For my 2nd partner transfer, I made the mistake of transferring from IHG... It's been 3 weeks now and have not shown up in Asia Miles yet and my deadline is 6/4...
Old Jun 10, 2021, 10:46 pm

Programs: QF Plat, HH Diamond
Does anyone know if Openrice is considered a partner for the transfer challenge?
For example I transfer 3000pts from Marriott and then earn 25pts for Openrice booking?
Openrice wouldn't be 'transferring'.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by redslert
Does anyone know if Openrice is considered a partner for the transfer challenge?
For example I transfer 3000pts from Marriott and then earn 25pts for Openrice booking?
Openrice wouldn't be 'transferring'.
Yes. OpenRice also counts.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 3:36 am

Programs: QF Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Donkitravel
Yes. OpenRice also counts.
Thanks! This makes it much easier for the challenge.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:31 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by pjs
Can confirm that the 3k transfer (used 2k from Amex and 1k from Citi) works to reinstate expired miles. I didn't even contact them beforehand. Just did the transfer on 6/3 (miles expired 5/31) and emailed to let them know. They emailed me back and confirmed miles would be reinstated in 2-3 days.
When you emailed them, did you specifically ask them to re-instate the expired points on the basis that you had transferred the points ?
Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:34 pm
pjs

Originally Posted by soy
When you emailed them, did you specifically ask them to re-instate the expired points on the basis that you had transferred the points ?
My email to [email protected] was:

Hello,

I have transferred 3,000 miles into my account XXXXXX from two different partners. This should allow my XX,000 expired miles to be reinstated.

Please confirm.
soy likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:26 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
I have about 5k miles expiring in 2 weeks, and just tried to place order via ishop.asiamiles.com but I think it's too late. Can I just redeem 100 miles on the lifestyle award (there's carbon offset and other coupon ones) to renew the miles for another 18 months?

Last edited by jix; Jun 15, 2021 at 8:41 am
Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by jix
I have about 5k miles expiring in 2 weeks, and just tried to place order via ishop.asiamiles.com but I think it's too late. Can I just redeem 100 miles on the lifestyle award (there's carbon offset and other coupon ones) to renew the miles for another 18 months?
Most likely not, given CX's new expiration policy has implemented not too long ago, i.e. most people have their miles subject to the old 3-year "use-or-lose" policy.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 5:11 pm

I just contacted AM on Chat and got this response:

AM "Due to the current situation, we can help you request renewing your 54422 miles, which is expiring on 31Aug2021. The 54422 miles will be restored to your account later if the request is approved. please check your Asiamiles balance around 2 weeks later. We will call you back at +1 520 275-8175 if the request is rejected. Thank you."

ME "so call back 2 weeks after they expire to see if they were reinstated?"

AM "No need to call us , just check your account balance 2weeks later from today. We will call you if the request is rejected"

ME "Will the points just be moved to the new plan?"

AM "Yes , if the request approve"

Looks like they may have finally come around and are stopping people from jumping through hoops to get points extended.
I'll be back in 2 weeks with a result

Last edited by Mykbrown; Jun 26, 2021 at 5:14 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 26, 2021, 5:46 pm

So the last post was for my wife's miles. Mine expire the same day as hers. I just used that chat feature and asked for my points to be extended. He did it immediately. I logged out of my account and then back in and the points are in the new plan!
The easiest method in this thread so far.
ultrawin likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 11:04 am

Programs: UA MM, HH Gold, SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by Mykbrown
So the last post was for my wife's miles. Mine expire the same day as hers. I just used that chat feature and asked for my points to be extended. He did it immediately. I logged out of my account and then back in and the points are in the new plan!
The easiest method in this thread so far.
How do you extend your miles NOW in June as the miles are NOT expring until 31Aug2021? Though the 2-transfer trick works with EXPIRED miles only!!
Old Jun 28, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by pm6163
How do you extend your miles NOW in June as the miles are NOT expring until 31Aug2021? Though the 2-transfer trick works with EXPIRED miles only!!
Recent DPs seem to indicate you no longer need to ask for the old trick but can instead ask AM to move your miles close to expiration to new (post-2020) miles. Haven't tried it myself yet though.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 9:38 pm

I just asked on chat that they extend them and they did. I just checked my wife's account and hers are switched over to the new system as well
Old Jul 5, 2021, 7:45 pm

I also just asked in the chat and my miles have been made the post-2020 extendable miles. Took less than five minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.