Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles expiration in time of Coronavirus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asia Miles expiration in time of Coronavirus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: Asia Miles
I've got old miles earned before 1 Jan 2020 expiring end of August so about 6 weeks. I previously kept them by booking a premium economy HKG to LHR with miles (can't remember if I had to use up all 30k of those old miles), and refunding it. Does that still work?

Or I've seen these mentions of just converting old miles to new miles - what do you say on the chat? Will they just do it if you ask?

Edit: asked on the live chat and got this

Thank you for confirming. In that case we cannot actually move them into new miles or extend the validity of your miles, what I can actually advise you, you can actually use your miles redeeming life style award

Last edited by 8592nd; Jul 8, 2023 at 1:07 pm
Old Jul 8, 2023, 2:56 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by 8592nd
I've got old miles earned before 1 Jan 2020 expiring end of August so about 6 weeks. I previously kept them by booking a premium economy HKG to LHR with miles (can't remember if I had to use up all 30k of those old miles), and refunding it. Does that still work?
Yes
Old Jul 20, 2023, 9:38 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
I have 5k new miles expiring in a week or so. Tried transferring citi thank you but having error online and thru phone, the asiamiles online shopping miles (cashback) takes 120 more days to post, is my best method to add activitiy just donating 100 miles to the offset CO2?

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...s.html#lumpSum
Old Sep 16, 2023, 11:21 pm

Reactive expired Asia Miles

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Yes
Wondering if anyone else has successfully got back expired Asia Miles with Cathay? My wife has over 100000 miles which have now expired since we didn't use any due to Covid. Cathay are saying the only way to reactivate them is to pay $40 USD per 2000 miles which is frankly ridiculous.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 1:06 am

Anyone have experience with using Hyatt points to do the reinstatement? If so, how long did they take to show up in Asia Miles account. I am on a bit of a deadline and was thinking of doing Marriott Bonvoy as well as they seem to be more instantaneous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.