Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Stay tuned for exciting updates to our programme

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stay tuned for exciting updates to our programme

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by sxc
Off topic for this forum but for Jetstar flights, you need to have a Plus bundle for them to count as an eligible QF flight in the QF program.
sorry Moderator as I should have elaborated further. Yes the post itself was a little off topic apology but my rational was to make a stark comparison of how bad MPC has become compared to what's out there as viable alternative, and I intended to highlight my own ignorance for not acting earlier in the my past due to baseless "loyalty" to MPC.

thus any "exciting updates" are unlikely to be meaningful enough to reverse their own fall of program. I'm just hoping more wake up to that reality... which will of course, eventually benefit the other core segment of this board who believes firmly in MPC
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:52 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
@fakecd actually I was referring to my comment being off topic

And yes I agree with comparisons of other programs to MPC highlighting how little value MPC has become.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
@fakecd actually I was referring to my comment being off topic

And yes I agree with comparisons of other programs to MPC highlighting how little value MPC has become.
Unfortunately I'm not entirely familiar with the negative changes that the MPC made a couple years back (I was a student and didn't fly that often so I didn't really care at the time). Can anyone elaborate what changed?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:28 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...pr-2016-a.html
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:42 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Bottom line is that CX must have seen revenue leakage or at a minimum the program changes have created a net negative impact. Or else there wouldn’t be a need to make changes to the program.
QRC3288, 1010101 and Rivarix like this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by sxc
If they are saying “certain routes” I wonder if they earning table is going to become unnecessarily complex with many footnotes and exceptions, rather than blanket increases within the mileage brackets.
They have a fantastic opportunity to get it right and recalibrate earning to position the program strategically. Can't get it wrong twice in a row...

I really hope MPO team come up with something juicy and compelling for frequent flyers.

Thanks for the heads-up on the relaunch Cathay
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sxc
Bottom line is that CX must have seen revenue leakage or at a minimum the program changes have created a net negative impact. Or else there wouldn’t be a need to make changes to the program.
Not necessarily. It might be a cowardly reaction to HX's expansion to CX's stronghold. The selection market remarks makes me thinking all HX's NA/Long Haul destination will be the target.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: CX MPC Silver
When CX can have sales on PEY LON-HKG for Ł690 during flash sales and ppl get 13k AM and 90 CP without any re-positioning, I do not think the same point system can maintain long...
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by Ad Hoc David
When CX can have sales on PEY LON-HKG for Ł690 during flash sales and ppl get 13k AM and 90 CP without any re-positioning, I do not think the same point system can maintain long...
That's 10 USD per CP. Not good enough if you ask me

How about the BA gang getting 560 tier points (more than 1/3 to BA Gold) for a 1000 EUR Europe-Doha-Asia return, and that BA doesn't even reset tiers upon upgrades?

In the CX program, that's a measly 180 points which would be 15% or a shocking 8.5% for renewing/from-scratch DMs...
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Cathay has a track record of doing things horribly the first time, but brilliantly correct their mistakes and offer a superior fix a second time. Let's hope the pattern holds true for their MPC program.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
That's 10 USD per CP. Not good enough if you ask me

How about the BA gang getting 560 tier points (more than 1/3 to BA Gold) for a 1000 EUR Europe-Doha-Asia return, and that BA doesn't even reset tiers upon upgrades?

In the CX program, that's a measly 180 points which would be 15% or a shocking 8.5% for renewing/from-scratch DMs...
Genuinely curious, you mentioned that at a good rate I can get 1CP per $6USD. Is that possible when you're based in NA?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
Cathay has a track record of doing things horribly the first time, but brilliantly correct their mistakes and offer a superior fix a second time. Let's hope the pattern holds true for their MPC program.
really? Maybe it's market perception.. but it seems CX (and Swire), keeps making more and more horrible mistakes... If they correct their mistakes so brilliantly, right now they would be the shining beacon for every airline aspiring to be...
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by tfung
really? Maybe it's market perception.. but it seems CX (and Swire), keeps making more and more horrible mistakes... If they correct their mistakes so brilliantly, right now they would be the shining beacon for every airline aspiring to be...
The changed course on lounges brilliantly after the disappointing Pier F.

Other corrections (e.g. early retirement of the coffin business class J seats) were not brilliant recoveries, merely adequate, in my view.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
When it comes to club points, i think BA is a whole different animal. Anyone that expects the upcoming changes will make MPC to even come close to BA is bound to be disappointed ...
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
I seriously think MPC sent out those emails so that we would have a discussion here. Saves costs because they don't need to hire as many people to come up with ideas.

And cheaper than holding focus groups because it takes time and they need to give us something for attending the focus group.

From our FT posts they will see what we are saying (btw, where's AgencyGuy now?) and then hopefully get some good ideas from us.

Or perhaps they will give us exactly what we don't want. Who knows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.