Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Stay tuned for exciting updates to our programme

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stay tuned for exciting updates to our programme

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
Or perhaps they will give us exactly what we don't want. Who knows.
Judging by CX's track record...my money is on this one.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:44 pm

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
Almost 2 weeks and still nothing...

I'm going to put my bet that points will be even harder to meet, but they may give us an extra lounge pass. ^
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by blum81
Almost 2 weeks and still nothing...
CX specifically said "before the end of this year."
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:31 pm

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
CX specifically said "before the end of this year."
my bad. i didn't see that part.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:22 am
feh

Programs: Cathay Pacific, Air Astana
The news is that there isn't any news at the moment, but we'll try to bring you some news in the future
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Marco Polo Club really needs to embrace "Lifetime" tier for its most loyal customers who have supported the airline thick and thin during their active years.

When these loyal customers get old, then CX forgets about them. They should and must recognise these members and I suggest 1.0 million Club Miles for Lifetime Silver and 2.0 million for Lifetime Gold and 3.0 million for Lifetime Diamond.

One can get BA Lifetime Gold (oneworld Emerald) in 3 years if the person travels frequently and earns the tier points "smartly".

MPO Team, if you are reading this, please take note!!! Time to change your thinking on this and start recognising your most loyal customers.
feh likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by 380Flyer
Marco Polo Club really needs to embrace "Lifetime" tier for its most loyal customers who have supported the airline thick and thin during their active years.

When these loyal customers get old, then CX forgets about them. They should and must recognise these members and I suggest 1.0 million Club Miles for Lifetime Silver and 2.0 million for Lifetime Gold and 3.0 million for Lifetime Diamond.

One can get BA Lifetime Gold (oneworld Emerald) in 3 years if the person travels frequently and earns the tier points "smartly".

MPO Team, if you are reading this, please take note!!! Time to change your thinking on this and start recognising your most loyal customers.
Let me guess you are just over the threshold

I'd love to meet anyone who did BA Lifetime Gold in 3 years. That's long haul F once a week!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:07 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Originally Posted by 1010101

I'd love to meet anyone who did BA Lifetime Gold in 3 years. That's long haul F once a week!
You can meet me as I’m on track to achieve BAEC Lifetime Gold in 2.5 years. Also a multi-million miler with CX MPO at the same time.

Not to mention Lifetime status with Hyatt (Globalist), Starwood (Platinum), Marriott (Platinum) and Qantas (Gold). Now going for Hilton Lifetime Diamond (4 years to go) and Asiana Club Lifetime Diamond Plus (2 years to go) and continuation with SQ PPS Solitaire. Not to mention that I will continue to fly CX despite earning my lifetime status as I’m still in my mid-age.

Decided to do the personal challenge with BA because CX just refuses to introduce Lifetime tier.

CX, take note, listen and implement.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
You can meet me as I’m on track to achieve BAEC Lifetime Gold in 2.5 years. Also a multi-million miler with CX MPO at the same time.

Not to mention Lifetime status with Hyatt (Globalist), Starwood (Platinum), Marriott (Platinum) and Qantas (Gold). Now going for Hilton Lifetime Diamond (4 years to go) and Asiana Club Lifetime Diamond Plus (2 years to go) and continuation with SQ PPS Solitaire. Not to mention that I will continue to fly CX despite earning my lifetime status as I’m still in my mid-age.

Decided to do the personal challenge with BA because CX just refuses to introduce Lifetime tier.

CX, take note, listen and implement.
While I agree 100% with your opinion on lifetime status, I am not sure how much attention CX is paying to this particular forum...
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
I am all ears how you make it.
Flying long haul F "every day" ? What your route?
BA LT gold requires 35000 TP. Assume all in long haul F, it takes 166.67 flights, in 2.5 years mean on average 66.67 F per year, which equals to 5.55 per month (or around 1 long haul F every 5.5 days). While doable, just hard to imagine combine with multi-million miles with CX at the same time.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by andersonCooper
While I agree 100% with your opinion on lifetime status, I am not sure how much attention CX is paying to this particular forum...
andersonCooper, they are very much listening and trolling on this forum.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Just got an e-mail about another enhancement we are gonna get as a valued MPO member... 'Hold your fare' benefit that allows you to hold the fare for upto 72 hours....

Seriously?!!! I can't wait for all the other 'enhanced' benefits they are going to announced... #rolledeyes
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:00 am
Suspended

I’m assuming this is what is yet to be announced by CX soon.

A preview of what QF announced:

Qantas boosts points, status credits on international flights
https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-boos...tional-flights
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:01 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
Just got an e-mail about another enhancement we are gonna get as a valued MPO member... 'Hold your fare' benefit that allows you to hold the fare for upto 72 hours....

Seriously?!!! I can't wait for all the other 'enhanced' benefits they are going to announced... #rolledeyes
Being discussed here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...b-members.html
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by 1010101

Originally Posted by Fly2Where
BA LT gold requires 35000 TP. Assume all in long haul F, it takes 166.67 flights, in 2.5 years mean on average 66.67 F per year, which equals to 5.55 per month (or around 1 long haul F every 5.5 days).
The beauty of the BAEC system is the 2000 mile threshold. If your travel pattern includes plenty of these flights or if you don't mind one-stop flights that have 2000+ mile legs then it is actually easy to rack up points quickly. It doesn't need to be in F either. HKG-CGK is 280 points return in business. TPE-KUL-BOM/DEL gets an impressive 560 points return in business. If you're doing monthly work trips to the above then that's already getting you over 10,000 points a year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.