Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who are the ugly DMs?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: CX-DM, BA-GGL, Marriott-TI, HHonors-DM
Originally Posted by 24left
Imagine flying the same route with CX and AC and realizing that CX crew do not bark at customers. (It was an AC galley matron and I'd asked her a question). lol
So true. I am also SE with AC. Last year, I was on a HKG-YVR flight in paid J with my 5 yr old, we tried to use the bathroom during boarding (plane door still open). Was barked at by the service director and ordered back to our seats. I pointed out that the door is still open and they are still boarding. She barked "it is still open because you are not in your seat. If you don't seat down, I will offload you two."
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by kaka
see above post from me.
the day cx turned a blind eye on ism giving owe preferencial treatment and knowing their historical revenue, cx would agree w the ism give owe. Within reasons. Otherwise cx could do what sq does on keeping tab of champaign n wine consumption.
you are not serious are you? sq actually keeps tabs of champagne and wine consumption?

so am i on SQ black list now for drinking 10 glasses of Krug/Dom on a redemption F ticket?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
I think it's a reminder that when we do get great service we should write a GOOD comment card for them to mail in. I do this all the time that I get good service (not even exceptional, just good, because even good services are hard to get nowadays).
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by hermanc
So true. I am also SE with AC. Last year, I was on a HKG-YVR flight in paid J with my 5 yr old, we tried to use the bathroom during boarding (plane door still open). Was barked at by the service director and ordered back to our seats. I pointed out that the door is still open and they are still boarding. She barked "it is still open because you are not in your seat. If you don't seat down, I will offload you two."
You know what? If it was me (and I am not in a hurry to get to where I need to go), I will wait until the door is almost closed and then get up and say to the Service Director , I don't feel well and I choose not to fly.

The airline cannot refuse to your request, and they will have to let you off (but not offload you).

What that does is that it will delay the flight, and they will lose the takeoff slot, which means that they will be fined by the airport, and etc. And basically it will be ugly to all concerned.

And really why would you want to fly AC anyway... they don't bloody well care about you.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
I think it's a reminder that when we do get great service we should write a GOOD comment card for them to mail in. I do this all the time that I get good service (not even exceptional, just good, because even good services are hard to get nowadays).
Most of the time, especially when I was in J/F, when I had conversation with the ISM/FAs, they would bring me a comment form to say positive things about them(Perhaps they thought I sounded nice so I wouldn't make negative comments on them). I have done twice on the same day, the first at the Pier, while the second one was in the flight. I wouldn't mind doing it if they listen, but it looks like they couldn't really change the J amenities when I told them how UA/AA have stepped up in their amenities in the J/F cabin (Pajamas, mattress pad, Polaris extra bedding sheet, extra pillow, etc.)
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by kaka
Re cathay delight: as long as you made a crew working in y to take sth from the front, its a sin. Or a y cup/glass contaminated with cathay delight.

the staff just went from crew mk to crew-bytherulesonly
I think asking any member of crew for something from the next cabin up puts them in a difficult position. I have sometimes accepted a drink from the next cabin up when it has been offered (often by the ISM) but actually asking for it is simply trying to take advantage of the crew. And I always wonder if passengers who do this would also do it on BA/AA/LH/AF etc.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by KACommuter
I think asking any member of crew for something from the next cabin up puts them in a difficult position. I have sometimes accepted a drink from the next cabin up when it has been offered (often by the ISM) but actually asking for it is simply trying to take advantage of the crew. And I always wonder if passengers who do this would also do it on BA/AA/LH/AF etc.
ISMs seldom do that nowadays, at least to me. It happened quite often 10 years ago. However, I ran into an ISM on a HKG-SFO flight recently. I knew her from way back when I flied more often. She recognized me immediately. She did offer me although I was no longer DM.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ermen
you are not serious are you? sq actually keeps tabs of champagne and wine consumption?

so am i on SQ black list now for drinking 10 glasses of Krug/Dom on a redemption F ticket?
now how many drinks how much, but how much was consumed.

re above spending. I believe if one reaches high enough civ, ism would be able to pick those out. I remember a ba go commented so many moons ago w the old system
Old May 1, 2017, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by hermanc
This is pretty much why I have boycotted AC. I don't fly domestic in Canada anymore so it made the choice a pretty easy one. There's a reason they call the 77W a slave ship and the lounge workers a bunch of lounge dragons.
Old May 1, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
That leads me to a question: do you actually receive a reply from CX? In my experience, they only reply 10% of the time and when they do, it's a template. It's annoying because I often feel that I am wasting my time on this.

This is what I mean by answering properly and making one feel that their time writing the comment was not wasted. Look at the lead time as well. Mind you that JASL is not even an airline,it's a handling agent at HKIA (they handle many airlines in HKG, including BA, VS, LH, NZ, CA, SQ, AY, KE, EK, AK and like 20 others),yet they looked up my complaints /compliments history and looked up the files of the employees in question.

Sorry for the OT, the issue of CX feedback has been annoying me for too long now.
Attached Images   
Old May 1, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by wyskevin
Well, some DMs go too far but OWEs???
Do they really think they should be treated as DM?
I think they do get treated the same on board...but preference will still be given to CX DMs first prior to GO. Like complimentary bottled water and stuff...

Last edited by FlyPointyEnd; May 1, 2017 at 7:12 pm
Old May 1, 2017, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
I think CX secrets copies a lot of posts from here.
I actually wrote both hahaha...

You know it's not just DM's on recent flight (starts with a 7...) I had to get up form my seat because I really couldn't tolerate my seat mate...(he had an old DM card on his bag...found out later he was SL) he wouldn't look at the crew when they were talking to him. he was just leafing through his newspaper. He snaps his fingers to call crews hand and waves them off when they offer something...he proudly displays his passport on the armrest all through out the fight as if to impress us.

Anyway the reason why I wrote this was on a recent flight I was at the galley when a BC from the back came up to the ISM who I was chatting with to ask her to come down to EY because the EM at the back was looking for his greeting... *roll eyes*

There was also a flight when I saw a DM toss his jacket to a crew member and told her to stow it....for real!?!

Last edited by FlyPointyEnd; May 1, 2017 at 7:07 pm
Old May 1, 2017, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by KACommuter
I think asking for something from the next cabin is just bad form and crass...On a few occasions I have been offered drinks from the next cabin but I politely decline them. I think on about 10 times I only accepted once when the SP (who I flew previously) came down to 12K with a glass of champagne and said "I know you like this..." and went back behind the curtain.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by mxr
Yes, you might be right, but they probably will also give good service if you write more compliment letters.

Whereas if you write many complaint letters the service might be good but in a robotic manner while if they see that you frequently compliment them they might actually give you a genuinely nice service.

Anyways, as GO I had so many flights where I wanted to write a compliment to the crew, as 90% of the time they were truly excellent, but I had to hold myself back because the system would otherwise be overflowing with my letters
Please write...if its good please do not seal them, the crew would appreciate reading them. Would be good to write down the individual names of the crew. Unfortunately I heard CX no longer sends them copies of the letters written on board, they just get a notification and a summary...
Old May 1, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: MPC DM, SPG Plat
Where do you get comment cards from and how can I make sure that someone actually reads this? I'm a relatively new DM and have received some excellent service and would definitely take a few minutes post flight to write something positive. Those super long surveys don't seem to be very effective though as you can't personalize for the FA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.