Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who are the ugly DMs?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
Apparently he was famous within CX for causing lots of trouble to ground staff and inflight - and he was someone who held public office. In the email he was referred to by his title and not by "Mr. / Mrs. / Ms."
Originally Posted by kaka
is that a leung?
Not HK person.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ermen
Interesting about the complimentary / complaint letters. I wonder if a non-AM pax can be tracked to (I fly on my BAEC account).

The ironic thing is, with a history of say complaint letters, you probably will get good service because they want to avoid that letter. Lol
this was discussed many moons ago. Cx do track spendings of non mpo ow members.
so they know who dm flies with ex-tpe/cmb i fares and who ba ggl flies full j oneways
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wyskevin
Well, some DMs go too far but OWEs???
Do they really think they should be treated as DM?
see above post from me.
the day cx turned a blind eye on ism giving owe preferencial treatment and knowing their historical revenue, cx would agree w the ism give owe. Within reasons. Otherwise cx could do what sq does on keeping tab of champaign n wine consumption.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
this was discussed many moons ago. Cx do track spendings of non mpo ow members.
so they know who dm flies with ex-tpe/cmb i fares and who ba ggl flies full j oneways
Only in the office not onboard in general
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:18 am

is that a leung?
They wouldn't dare.

My guess is one of a couple of British Lords who aren't involved in HK politics anymore.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:54 am
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by ermen
The ironic thing is, with a history of say complaint letters, you probably will get good service because they want to avoid that letter. Lol
Yes, you might be right, but they probably will also give good service if you write more compliment letters.

Whereas if you write many complaint letters the service might be good but in a robotic manner while if they see that you frequently compliment them they might actually give you a genuinely nice service.

Anyways, as GO I had so many flights where I wanted to write a compliment to the crew, as 90% of the time they were truly excellent, but I had to hold myself back because the system would otherwise be overflowing with my letters

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Only in the office not onboard in general
Thats correct, while in the office they might know all of your details, If I understood correctly from her showing me, the ISM can only check what your upcoming and past itineraries were on her ipad.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mxr
Yes, you might be right, but they probably will also give good service if you write more compliment letters.

Whereas if you write many complaint letters the service might be good but in a robotic manner while if they see that you frequently compliment them they might actually give you a genuinely nice service.

Anyways, as GO I had so many flights where I wanted to write a compliment to the crew, as 90% of the time they were truly excellent, but I had to hold myself back because the system would otherwise be overflowing with my letters

Thats correct, while in the office they might know all of your details, If I understood correctly from her showing me, the ISM can only check what your upcoming and past itineraries were on her ipad.
thats not how i remembered, but im not gonna argue since my memory is often wrong lol
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:01 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
I know that QR, JL and AA do, not BA...think I may have read about it happening on QF and LA too.)
Add AY (ex-HEL and ex-DEL). Not LA and AA, not even when flying J.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by Peregrine415
Actually I think AA does it best, subtly comping OWEs in economy a free meal and drink, and doing so in a low-key unobtrusive manner.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Too much travel
Actually I think AA does it best, subtly comping OWEs in economy a free meal and drink, and doing so in a low-key unobtrusive manner.
AA provides a drink and a BoB meal choice or snack complimentary to AA EXPs when seated in coach. I don't recall seeing that it also goes to OW Es.

Originally Posted by wyskevin
Well, some DMs go too far but OWEs???
Do they really think they should be treated as DM?
I can't speak for any other OW E, but I certainly had no expectations of being addressed at all. My ego is just not that needy.

Before the ISMs had their iPads - and before I was even AA EXP and OW E - the CX onboard service was generally excellent and I was greeted by name and so on. It was certainly a nice touch, and more importantly, it seemed genuine.

I suppose I only noticed the difference on this past week's trip (3 of the 4 flights) because the ISMs also mentioned the special meal I had ordered.

Bottom line: each airline chooses to address or ignore it's top tier pax in the airline's own preferred way. Perhaps the training people suggest that it's a cheap way to appear to be offering better, more personalized service.

I would much rather be ignored than get the often rushed and non-genuine greeting on AC. I may be SE 100K, but the Service Directors (sort of ISMs) walking up and down the J cabin addressing any and all with the same message is not coming across. As a result, many of us would rather they not do it.

is what it is....
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by 24left
AA provides a drink and a BoB meal choice or snack complimentary to AA EXPs when seated in coach. I don't recall seeing that it also goes to OW Es.
Yes, they do. BOS/LAX, a complimentary meal and a bottle of Dasani to this poor soul of CX DM.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jerrywu
Yes, they do. BOS/LAX, a complimentary meal and a bottle of Dasani to this poor soul of CX DM.
Nice to know.
Also, I did not say they don't do it, I wrote "I don't recall seeing" it.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:41 pm

Re cathay delight: as long as you made a crew working in y to take sth from the front, its a sin. Or a y cup/glass contaminated with cathay delight.

the staff just went from crew mk to crew-bytherulesonly
I'd say it depends on what you are asking. For special drinks, once or max of twice is fine. If nobody greeted you and you went ahead to ask for it, then you better wish they had time to get something for you. If every drink you ask for is exclusively in J or F cabin, then it's obvious you are way out of line here.

Most of the time, when I was greeted and asked, I usually tried to ask for a HK style Milk tea, and if they specifically said they couldn't get it right away, I just told him/her, please take your time, it's no hurry.

Be polite, don't take it for granted, and ask very nicely, then usually they are happy to help.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: OZ*G, LA/Emerald, StarbucksHK Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Peregrine415
I was once recognised in J on the LA 5th freedom between MAD-FRA. It might be a one off or it might be a LA own FFP vs any odd OWE.

Originally Posted by Too much travel
I like AA's approach to comping BoB meal choices for their loyalty as long as its not as awkward as what lucky has shown in the article below:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...economy-snack/

However I do wish that other OW airlines with BoB do the same (looking right at you IAG)

I can't speak for any other OW E, but I certainly had no expectations of being addressed at all. My ego is just not that needy.
I don't expect anything as well, but it sure feels different stepping off a CX flight onto a BA flight...
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 12cheungtk1
.....I don't expect anything as well, but it sure feels different stepping off a CX flight onto a BA flight...
Imagine flying the same route with CX and AC and realizing that CX crew do not bark at customers. (It was an AC galley matron and I'd asked her a question). lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.