Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who are the ugly DMs?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
It is another DYKWIA, haha. It is actually quite unusual from a DM though.

I was waiting in line for a Y lav on board a HKG-SFO flight once, and was invited by the FA to use the J lav. That was about 10 years ago in a 744 (no PEY back then). There were not a lot of DMs on that route 10 years ago. I was often the only one on board. That was the only time I ever used an upper cabin lav.
I had a similar experience. I was waiting in J when the flight was about to land and people are doing last minute puffs, and then the ISM walked by, saw me waiting, and walked me up to First Class to use the bathroom. It only happened once, ever, but I appreciate the gesture.

But yes, stay in your cabin, DM isn't a get out of jail freebie card.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: Cathay, JGC
Think he was a DM

Was recently on a HKG-SIN redeye flight. I was tired, so was hoping to catch some zzzz. When I got on, a Mr."Lee" in 12A started demanding an eyemask and this and that... and while the FAs were trying to cater to his demands and help other passengers with boarding, 12A proceeded to call someone(this was like 1am). Wasn't paying much attention in the beginning but after a bit of listening found out that he was very angry because after telling the ISM that he didn't like his seat for some reason, she had apparently suggested to him about getting on another flight. He continued ranting on for about 10 minutes saying, how dare she say such things to me, out of 300 people on board she wants ME off the plane, blah blah blah, I want the manger at the gate to come in and apologies about this situation blah blah blah and I am going to make sure Nicolas (maybe Masse?) hears about this, blah blah blah. I don't know who it was on the other side of that line, but fortunately for the rest of the 299 people on board he/she wasn't able to work any magic to summon the person-in-charge-at-the-gate to come kowtow down in front of 12A, which could have caused delays. Thank god he just went to sleep after we pushed back and didn't cause any more commotion, but he had at that point already killed my vibe for the good 3 hour sleep I was hoping to get.

Not sure if he was a DM, but boy, how can anyone be so self-centered? If there's something that you don't like, talk to the manager and if the solution still isn't up to your standard, leave a comment or a complaint, but there's really no excuse to disturb or make others feel uncomfortable on a flight. Think he actually did leave a complaint, because he asked for a comment card which was almost thrusted on to him by the ISM (Who, by the way was super nice to everyone else ).

Mr. 12A, if you're reading this, just remember what Ms. Weisz had once said... "nasty little fellows such as yourself, always gets their comeuppance"
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Id just tell him to stfu
Originally Posted by kijhkijh
Was recently on a HKG-SIN redeye flight. I was tired, so was hoping to catch some zzzz. When I got on, a Mr."Lee" in 12A started demanding an eyemask and this and that... and while the FAs were trying to cater to his demands and help other passengers with boarding, 12A proceeded to call someone(this was like 1am). Wasn't paying much attention in the beginning but after a bit of listening found out that he was very angry because after telling the ISM that he didn't like his seat for some reason, she had apparently suggested to him about getting on another flight. He continued ranting on for about 10 minutes saying, how dare she say such things to me, out of 300 people on board she wants ME off the plane, blah blah blah, I want the manger at the gate to come in and apologies about this situation blah blah blah and I am going to make sure Nicolas (maybe Masse?) hears about this, blah blah blah. I don't know who it was on the other side of that line, but fortunately for the rest of the 299 people on board he/she wasn't able to work any magic to summon the person-in-charge-at-the-gate to come kowtow down in front of 12A, which could have caused delays. Thank god he just went to sleep after we pushed back and didn't cause any more commotion, but he had at that point already killed my vibe for the good 3 hour sleep I was hoping to get.

Not sure if he was a DM, but boy, how can anyone be so self-centered? If there's something that you don't like, talk to the manager and if the solution still isn't up to your standard, leave a comment or a complaint, but there's really no excuse to disturb or make others feel uncomfortable on a flight. Think he actually did leave a complaint, because he asked for a comment card which was almost thrusted on to him by the ISM (Who, by the way was super nice to everyone else ).

Mr. 12A, if you're reading this, just remember what Ms. Weisz had once said... "nasty little fellows such as yourself, always gets their comeuppance"
kijhkijh likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by kaka
Id just tell him to stfu
i wouldnt face him to say that

instead i will call someone myself to say there us ugly retard making a fuss who think is a rainmaker thankfully he is sitting far so u dont have to smell his stinking breath. of course make sure he hears u...
kaka likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fakecd
i wouldnt face him to say that

instead i will call someone myself to say there us ugly retard making a fuss who think is a rainmaker thankfully he is sitting far so u dont have to smell his stinking breath. of course make sure he hears u...
just different styles lol
Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:47 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / Hyatt Courtesy C./ Hertz
Another point of view

After flying so much I start to know a few Flight Attendant and one of then told me very clearly that DM members on Long Haul flight are her favorite passenger because what they do is sleeping!!
This is their primary concern and of course flight attendant love that right? :-)
As a very frequent traveler, the most important thing is get quality sleep. So we all have our strategies to sleep better, longer etc.... depending on the departure time, the length of the flight, how many time zone we cross etc.... (Personally by the way I still have not managed any decent strategy to avoid a terrible jet lag on the Asia to USA route.... but that's another topic).

As far as I experienced on CX for many years, flight attendant appreciate DM members a lot.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:51 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Grichka
After flying so much I start to know a few Flight Attendant and one of then told me very clearly that DM members on Long Haul flight are her favorite passenger because what they do is sleeping!!
This is their primary concern and of course flight attendant love that right? :-)
As a very frequent traveler, the most important thing is get quality sleep. So we all have our strategies to sleep better, longer etc.... depending on the departure time, the length of the flight, how many time zone we cross etc.... (Personally by the way I still have not managed any decent strategy to avoid a terrible jet lag on the Asia to USA route.... but that's another topic).

As far as I experienced on CX for many years, flight attendant appreciate DM members a lot.
Hey so do I but on HKExpress and other LCCs...

I must be loved by those FAs too except I'll never make DM the way I"m going.

When I'm on CX F I drink red bull.
kaka and APeverell like this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:05 am
Suspended

Ya they dislike us cuz we make them work whilst they are getting paid.

right...
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Originally Posted by percysmith
When I'm on CX F I drink red bull.
Hilarious!! How does that work out? I never manage to not fall asleep during each and every F long haul flight
kaka likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:16 pm

It's all boils down to this:-

The more you have, the less you want.

The less you have, the more you want.

(Audio)
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Grichka
(Personally by the way I still have not managed any decent strategy to avoid a terrible jet lag on the Asia to USA route.... but that's another topic).
I know it's OT, but personally I just time what I do the day before departure on-wards based on what time my flight arrives in where I am going (if that's practical for you as it isn't always possible).

Example: If my ex-HKG flight arrives in the US late afternoon on-wards, I plan my day before so that I end up not sleeping during the flight so when I'm at my hotel I usually end up falling asleep for the night. While there is some jetlag, it's not terrible and I'm usually over it by the 2nd day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.