Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who are the ugly DMs?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by cysyuen
Interesting observation with the iPad with CX. I only know for BA they keep CIV scores for their BAEC customers. Since she asked if I wanted anything then just feel free to ask so I just asked for a cup.....
Re the iPad, I commented it about it in the other thread as the ISMs were actively using it on 3 of my 4 flights this past week.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28230055-post97.html
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
It is CX at fault not CX crew on this issue that they copy others' services but forgot neglect to match the appropriate crew-pax ratio. That's why no one would ever take on these 'incentives' presented by management. It also has to do with fast track which is another heated issue in the crew community...but that's another story. Most CX crew are just working for a (meagre) living...
Spot on
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Re cathay delight: as long as you made a crew working in y to take sth from the front, its a sin. Or a y cup/glass contaminated with cathay delight.

the staff just went from crew mk to crew-bytherulesonly
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: CX
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Found this post on CX Secrets on FB:

Dear DMs & OWEs - If you need an ISM greeting to make you feel better about yourself. You don't need an ISM, you need a shrink. Love, your fellow DM.
Posted by Kelser?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28230776-post98.html
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Is CX(KA) the only airline in OW actually greets OWE?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Is CX(KA) the only airline in OW actually greets OWE?
I know that QR, JL and AA do, not BA...think I may have read about it happening on QF and LA too.

(sorry don't know about the niche ones like RJ or S7)
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: LH HON
Economy observing:

QR does greeting during boardin / entering the aircraft. JL does it during the first meal service, but since almost everyone has status it's sort of crazy and pointless Haha. UL actually greets OWS and OWE. RJ does basically nothing.

CX however gets it spot on. I really appreciate the bottle of water.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:44 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by nolounge
I think CX secrets copies a lot of posts from here.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sxc
I think CX secrets copies a lot of posts from here.
I think people shouldnt lose sleep from getting beaten up by a fa. They could eventually get to the destination.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Lol my ows gf said
it isnt worth kelser/cxsecret's complaint since the staff would get paid regardless to the complaints
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
There are indeed some DMs who go too far.

In July 2014 there was one quite famous DM who had his MPO membership terminated, and his status went straight down to AM.

This was according to a CX staff who showed me an email by Linda Sim.

Apparently he was famous within CX for causing lots of trouble to ground staff and inflight - and he was someone who held public office. In the email he was referred to by his title and not by "Mr. / Mrs. / Ms."
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
There are indeed some DMs who go too far.

In July 2014 there was one quite famous DM who had his MPO membership terminated, and his status went straight down to AM.

This was according to a CX staff who showed me an email by Linda Sim.

Apparently he was famous within CX for causing lots of trouble to ground staff and inflight - and he was someone who held public office. In the email he was referred to by his title and not by "Mr. / Mrs. / Ms."
is that a leung?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by mxr
I

Upon asking her how she knew this was my first DM flight on CX, she showed me her Ipad and its a nifty little gadget they have got going there! She showed me that she even could check my ENTIRE history of compliment letters / complaint letters. Thankfully I have a good record of compliment letters with only one complaint ever which wasnt a crew issue but catering problem.
Interesting about the complimentary / complaint letters. I wonder if a non-AM pax can be tracked to (I fly on my BAEC account).

The ironic thing is, with a history of say complaint letters, you probably will get good service because they want to avoid that letter. Lol
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Well, some DMs go too far but OWEs???
Do they really think they should be treated as DM?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by ermen
Interesting about the complimentary / complaint letters. I wonder if a non-AM pax can be tracked to (I fly on my BAEC account).

The ironic thing is, with a history of say complaint letters, you probably will get good service because they want to avoid that letter. Lol
The answer is no, ISM cannot see OW elite CX flying history / complaint/compliment records. I actually didn't know until recently, feel like I wasted a lot of time and effort writing a 4 page complaint earlier

But on their ipads there are also 'CIP' and 'VIP' categories of which I know there are OW elites in these groups, that would be a different story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.