Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Peninsula HKG lounge catering contract not renewed, Plaza Premium replacement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Peninsula HKG lounge catering contract not renewed, Plaza Premium replacement

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2016, 3:58 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by cy1978hk
I asked for a Cathay Delight at the Wing on 2 May... but sadly the clueless new staff added a lot of ice into a normal glass cup... No No No! It ruins the CX signature drink!
I got a full tall glass (those they used to serve iced coffee in The Bridge) when I was at Wing J on May1. No complaints.

Shall see if any changes later this month.
Old May 5, 2016, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by dsquared37
As the first to post about the poor service let me reiterate: They screwed up my martini...That's rather difficult when i stated specifically, "no vermouth" (and I never did get olives even though they were requested thrice).
Originally Posted by christep
Why didn't you simply ask for gin with some olives (that being a martini without vermouth)?
Originally Posted by scubadu
Uh... technically that isn't a martini, it's just gin (or vodka, if that is your thing).
My law partner always orders the same thing, and I always give him a hard time about it. What's the difference? Isn't a martini without vermouth exactly the same as cold gin with olives in the right glassware?
Old May 5, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA/AA
same, same , but different.
Old May 6, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
At The Wing at the moment.

Breakfast spread is the same as before,both in terms of quality and selection,did not find any bones in the salmon (it was mentioned here previously).

Staff are pleasant enough and strangely every single one of them told me "see you next time",it's not that I had a DM (or any other elite) baggage tag on my carry on.

Got a cabanna straight away,but it took them around 40 minutes to return my shirt after pressing (used to be around 10 minutes in the past).
Old May 6, 2016, 10:48 pm

Moved over to The Pier.

I must say the service today was top notch,got my salmon salad in under 10 minutes and the waiters were very friendly and professional. Bar tenders in the bar seem to be very knowledgeble on how to make good cocktails and the one of the bartenders recognized me from last week,which was cool.

Overall,I think we are getting there....

PS:Any FTers around?Feel free to come and say hi to a guy with a laptop sitting at the bar
Old May 6, 2016, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Found the image of the actual F lounge sign.Very strange.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE3Vsw0p...ken-at=1101282
In reference to my eariler post,the sign was indeed fixed,either because saw this post,or some people tried to access as Sapphires.

(sorry for the poor image).

Name:  pierf_zpsjz4f4yzk.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  22.2 KB
Old May 6, 2016, 11:26 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Moved over to The Pier.

I must say the service today was top notch,got my salmon salad in under 10 minutes and the waiters were very friendly and professional. Bar tenders in the bar seem to be very knowledgeble on how to make good cocktails and the one of the bartenders recognized me from last week,which was cool.

Overall,I think we are getting there....

PS:Any FTers around?Feel free to come and say hi to a guy with a laptop sitting at the bar
Mate, thanks that's great news. Hopefully they can get in the swing of things. Perhaps Pen was really doing a sabotage job.

Hopefully we get a few more positive anecdotes....versus the stream of negative ones. After a schedule change I won't be there for another 48 hours.

In reference to my eariler post,the sign was indeed fixed,either because saw this post,or some people tried to access as Sapphires.

(sorry for the poor image).

Attachment 6854
great catch.
Old May 7, 2016, 12:01 am

Programs: CX DM, AA EM
Was at The Pier First dining room last night for dinner before departure. Food was fantastic and service, I have to say, was even more warmer and professional compared to Peninsula time. Well done!
Old May 7, 2016, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Mate, thanks that's great news. Hopefully they can get in the swing of things. Perhaps Pen was really doing a sabotage job.

Hopefully we get a few more positive anecdotes....versus the stream of negative ones. After a schedule change I won't be there for another 48 hours.

great catch.

I just hope that my view is not too soft and that you will experience the same on your upcoming visit.

Currently sitting at the bar,experimenting with baileys-containing drinks with the amazing bartender.

There are a few lounge managers walking around the lounge,had a chat with them,very pleasant folks.
Old May 7, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Went to The Pier F two days ago in the morning and it was a much better experience

Told by the CX ground staff supervisor at the lounge, there was a senior PP management person monitoring/serving in the Dining room (he was wearing suits so it's pretty obvious he's from the office). I think by now both CX and PP management realised what had happened and they are doing all they can to rectify/improve things as quickly as possible.

They got my order right this time round and I didn't wait for too long for my dishes to arrive. Let's hope they can keep it up!
Old May 7, 2016, 3:36 am

Programs: QF WP
Will have to see how this one goes. Not saying it can't happen but it makes no sense how a complete mess one week can instantly be transformed into the perfect experience the week after.
Old May 7, 2016, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Went to F wing late April and again yesterday.
Late April was bad. You could see that the Penn staff were unhappy and bordering sabotage.
Yesterday was great. A marked improvement in quality of service and food from the past standards( I mean a few months ago). Reminded me of the time they reopened the Wing after transformation. I hope they keep it up.
Old May 7, 2016, 11:01 pm

I have quiet a lot to say about my long visit yesterday to The Pier/Wing and I will be writing a longish post here....but first let met get some post flight rest,14 hours in Y is no fun,even on 787.

One thing I will say though following my yesterday's experience,I have every confidence that CX F lounges under PP will at least retain the Peninsula's quality,if not improve on it.
Old May 8, 2016, 12:08 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Was at Wing F on Saturday morning. Things were fine (except 30 min wait for showers or cabana)

This thread is overly alarmist re PP taking over.
Old May 8, 2016, 12:12 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
Will have to see how this one goes. Not saying it can't happen but it makes no sense how a complete mess one week can instantly be transformed into the perfect experience the week after.
It makes no sense? Really?
You've never seen transition / handover periods before, and the short term issues as a result?

On the contrary, it makes more sense that the issues were short lived, transitional rather than fundamental and unfixable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.