Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Birthday Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2011, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by maortega15
I've read on some TR's that they got op-up's on honeymoons and wedding anniversaries. Cheers
I know back in the 80s and 90s airlines in America won't publish this as a benefit, but most often friends and family would say that when they check-in they just mention it is their honeymoon or anniversary trip and the check-in agent will upgrade them. It happened to my sister as well back then.

Not sure if it is happening today. Is CX doing it? Who knows, guess someone can try and report back....
Old May 14, 2011, 7:57 am

if the member is flying JFK-HKG in first class on his/her birthday, does the freebie upgrade still apply? (i.e. sit on the pilot's lap or have the FA sit on your lap?)

20 years ago when Pan Am was still flying, they used to present me with a 10-inch birthdays cake and a bottle of champagne. (which I can take home after the plane lands)
Old May 14, 2011, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by PotatoPie
if the member is flying JFK-HKG in first class on his/her birthday, does the freebie upgrade still apply? (i.e. sit on the pilot's lap or have the FA sit on your lap?)
You either get the fly the plane yourself or they will charter a private jet for you.
Old May 14, 2011, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Mrtnw
You either get the fly the plane yourself or they will charter a private jet for you.
as nice as first class is, I really wish someday the airlines will let me use one of the nice crew bunks on 747/777.
Old May 14, 2011, 4:12 pm

as nice as first class is, I really wish someday the airlines will let me use one of the nice crew bunks on 747/777.
Really? It looks more claustrophobic than the old CX J class seats... I would never take it over F!
Old May 14, 2011, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by CX HK
Really? It looks more claustrophobic than the old CX J class seats... I would never take it over F!
they are very private.... think of all the possibilities!
Old May 14, 2011, 7:24 pm

they are very private.... think of all the possibilities!
True.... especially since they are CX FA's and not North American or European carriers FA's
Old May 14, 2011, 9:54 pm

True.... especially since they are CX FA's and not North American or European carriers FA's
I wouldn't mind Scandinavian or Emirates flight attendants! (hint hint)
Old May 15, 2011, 2:51 am

True that. And what possibilities? At any given moment there are the relief/flight cockpit crew (NASB made a requirement that US-bound planes the relief crew or flight crew need to be rested in bed when not on duty, and can't roam the plane or hang out in the cockpit the way they can in the past ever since the CI006 incident) in there. Unless the flight/relief crew are women, I don't want to sleep next to men.
Old May 16, 2011, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just got my boarding pass at TPE with a 5th anniversary op-up with a V on it.

And this is like the 3rd sector since I am MPC SL! Been flying as GR for all my first 5 years!
Miles got posted today and only got 100% Normal miles and sector :-(
Old May 16, 2011, 1:53 am

Miles got posted today and only got 100% Normal miles and sector :-(
why :-(? you got miles for what you booked.
Old May 16, 2011, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by Mrtnw
why :-(? you got miles for what you booked.
I remember there was some report saying for the reference "V" you get J miles ? anyway I am perfectly fine with it as the 0.25 sector wont help any bit on renewing
Old May 16, 2011, 6:47 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
I remember there was some report saying for the reference "V" you get J miles ? anyway I am perfectly fine with it as the 0.25 sector wont help any bit on renewing
That's been my experience. Whether its by intention or glitch, I don't know.
Old May 16, 2011, 7:05 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by midlevels
That's been my experience. Whether its by intention or glitch, I don't know.
I also got credited for J on an op-up, once.
Old May 16, 2011, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
I also got credited for J on an op-up, once.
it happened to me twice, both from a Chinese airport back to HKG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.