Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
The pre departure test is still needed and another test upon arrival with a quarantine until the result is known.
Bogwoppit likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by lewis_m
The pre departure test is still needed and another test upon arrival with a quarantine until the result is known.
I can live with that.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Hajdu: "What is currently being considered as the first step in this [phased reopening] approach".

Being considered? Let's see how far the journalists push in the questions portion of this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 10:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by bambinomartino
Hajdu: "What is currently being considered as the first step in this [phased reopening] approach".

Being considered? Let's see how far the journalists push in the questions portion of this.
It's only pending on infection and vaccination rates across the country and abroad. Things are going well so it's doubtful they'd backtrack.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: AC*Gold50K; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; StarLux Explorer
Do we have a date for implimentation?
Old Jun 9, 2021, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by lewis_m
The information I'm seeing floating around is fully vaccinated Canadians won't need a pre-departure test, nor will they need any quarantine period. Arrival test only.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: AC SE 100K
@moderator - Can we get the title updated - it is not "Canadians" but "Eligible travelers" . . they have clarified that those who are eligible to enter (which includes some foreigners -but not many) are also exempt. It is just that Canadians and PRs are for sure eligible but others such as close relatives and spouses are eligible too.

I would propose "Removal of hotel and 14 day quarantine for travelers eligible to enter Canada who are fully vaccinated".
Bogwoppit likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
Originally Posted by smes
Do we have a date for implimentation?
No date yet. Target is first week of July to get CBSA and other people on board.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by pokee
The information I'm seeing floating around is fully vaccinated Canadians won't need a pre-departure test, nor will they need any quarantine period. Arrival test only.
The minister of health just stated that a pre-departure test would be required for fully vaccinated still. Makes no sense to me, but whatever.
LETTERBOY and pokee like this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
@moderator - Can we get the title updated - it is not "Canadians" but "Eligible travelers" . . they have clarified that those who are eligible to enter (which includes some foreigners -but not many) are also exempt. It is just that Canadians and PRs are for sure eligible but others such as close relatives and spouses are eligible too.

I would propose "Removal of hotel and 14 day quarantine for travelers eligible to enter Canada who are fully vaccinated".

Good thought, that aspect was definitely clarified in the press conference.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:12 am

This was an uninspiring press conference.

Essentially in 3-4 weeks a fully vaccinated person who is eligible to enter Canada will have to take a pre-departure test + an arrival test and then isolate until results are known.

I believe the real reason they're delaying this by so many weeks is because so few Canadians will benefit right now (only 8% fully vaccinated). A government in election-mode wants to please people and not enough are pleased with this. In 3-4 weeks the numbers can easily be 20% or more.

This isn't about science or they would implement all the recommendations from the Advisory Board
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Youponder
This was an uninspiring press conference.
Agreed. It was uninspiring, unilluminating, and unhelpful. It showed little courage and little vision. It provided little by way of information and little by way of roadmap into the future. But, of course, few of us expected anything more...
LETTERBOY and leoo like this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:27 am
gei

Welp.. guess we'll be dragging our bags across the Rainbow Bridge for the foreseeable future. What nonsense.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
So basically nothing to see here. Not that I expected anything given the public opinion is against this, as are certain loudmouth premiers.

We are considering these measures at some time in the future when certain parameters are met.

And here I was hoping not to have to fly to BUF this summer.
mountainboy likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:47 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
While I am underwhelmed by lack of a firm date, to you naysayers, this would be a HUGE improvement over mandatory hotel quarantine
Bogwoppit likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.