Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
If you see any new ex-UK sales please update here.
Print Wikipost

Current Fare Sales [ex UK]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
LGW-PUJ available in Club for £1294. You can also take £200 off that with 30k Avios. Obviously not one for maximising TPs, but I'd say an excellent ex-LON deal.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Was looking at LHR and LGW-SZG. The weekend I had in mind was £479 outbound from LGW and nearly a 1/4 of the price from LHR.

Is BCN turnaround friendly? Not a place anywhere on my list of places to visit but with the earlier prices, would be nice to pop to just to turnaround and come back.
Then again, easy to get to Empuriabrava from there.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Avios Part-Pay on the Phone

Does anyone know if you can Avios part-pay on the phone?

I want to do MAD in CE with the £100 reduction for 7500 Avios, however I'd like to get on the Iberia flight with the A330, but I think for that to be possible (if it is possible) I'd need to be on the BA codeshare flight number, which I can't do online.

Hopefully that made sense...
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:32 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Foltan
Does anyone know if you can Avios part-pay on the phone?

I want to do MAD in CE with the £100 reduction for 7500 Avios, however I'd like to get on the Iberia flight with the A330, but I think for that to be possible (if it is possible) I'd need to be on the BA codeshare flight number, which I can't do online.

Hopefully that made sense...
Your question makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, Avios Part Payments while available via any BA channel, are only valid on BA marketed/BA operated flights
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:37 am

Ah OK thanks Prospero, I thought that might turn out to be the case.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:45 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
J a

Originally Posted by britbronco22
Loving this sale, I just booked Club Europe LGW - PSA, £62 plus 4566 Avios (7500 less what I will earn), earning 80 TPs!
I've snapped up weekends in GOT, HAM, STR and UIP (Quimper) for under £100 after the Avios discount. Likes of VCE and MAD seem nearly impossible unless you want to leave before 1pm on the Sunday. Maybe I'll give BSL or HAJ a try too (takes any pressure to get from pre-sale
Old Mar 10, 2016, 5:48 am

Booked myself a LGW-BCN-LGW CE return earlier and used some Avios to bring the price down to £57 + 3914 Avios (after earnings).
Not quite as cheap getting back and you seem to have to have 3? days between the outbound and inbound.
May book myself a £34 Norwegian flight back to LGW or pop up to CPH (shame the cheap Hilton cash+points deal has finished for the CPH Hilton), somewhere else or even jump around a few cities over the weekend.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 5:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xenole
Not quite as cheap getting back and you seem to have to have 3? days between the outbound and inbound.
For some of the sale destinatiosn this is true, but for others a Saturday night will suffice. I have booked SVG, DUB, and UIP with just a Saturday night. Also I think MAD could be just a Saturday night. It is just trial and error in temrs of seeing which ones are 3 nighst and which aren't.

Last edited by KARFA; Mar 10, 2016 at 6:14 am
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by KARFA
For some of the sale destinatiosn this is true, but for others a Saturday night will suffice. I have booked VG, DUB, and UIP with just a Saturday night. Also I think MAD could be just a Saturday night. It is just trial and error in temrs of seeing which ones are 3 nighst and which aren't.
Looking at a selection of destinations, the pattern which suggests itself is that flights from LGW are more likely to have a 3-night minimum (but can therefore be booked for a midweek trip). And the BCN fare with the 3-night minimum looks like it's specifically restricted to LGW flights.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:09 am

Tried a few destinations but some come in at a high price that negates any real benefits to me.
BCN is the cheapest I've seen so far unless I've missed something juicy.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
It's hard to beat that fare to BCN. Let's face it, you wouldn't normally expect to easily get a £160 round-trip fare to continental Europe in economy.

But NCE, PSA, VCE and VRN should all be similar, as far as I can see.

ITA is a great place to play around to find the fares, before you start looking for availability.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
The cheapest 'combination' I found with these fares is LGW-BCN//MLA-LGW which comes in at 120 Tier Points for £187 (£1.56 per TP). Unfortunately it's not possible to make a saving using Avios, although it's still an attractive price, but not as attractive as the £150 fares that we saw last year.

Anybody found a cheaper combination?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by KARFA
For some of the sale destinatiosn this is true, but for others a Saturday night will suffice. I have booked SVG, DUB, and UIP with just a Saturday night. Also I think MAD could be just a Saturday night. It is just trial and error in temrs of seeing which ones are 3 nighst and which aren't.
I booked a LHR-MAD-LHR over a Saturday night/Sunday morning; didn’t bother with the Avios discount so I’m on the IB A330 outbound, but as another poster noted upthread you need to come back pre-noon on the Sunday morning. I’m just doing it for the TPs though so don’t mind that part, less useful for anyone who wants to see something of Madrid!
Old Mar 10, 2016, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
Anybody found a cheaper combination?
In terms of TP running?

You could do LHR-MAD-FRA-MAD-LHR, the middle pair on LAN for ~£160.

If you use the Avios reduction, that's 160TPs for £260, also around £1.63/TP (if you don't count the cost of the Avios, which you should I suppose)
Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:33 am

Hello all,

I'm going to be moving to LA to study as part of my degree in August and have just had dates confirmed so I'm starting to look at flights (economy unfortunately)!

At the minute, NCL-LAX is pricing up as £810 for the 0600 from NCL arriving into LAX at 12:55 - I would need the early flight eventhough later ones are cheaper.

I believe I saw this for just under £500 before Christmas so I'm not sure whether to hold out or not.

Is it pretty likely there will be another economy sale soon or would people advise just booking it. I'm a bit of a risk taker so am tempted to hold out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.