Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
If you see any new ex-UK sales please update here.
Print Wikipost

Current Fare Sales [ex UK]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by continentalclub
I keep the archive more to allow a quick check against non-sale fares and whether 'likely' future savings might be big enough to make hanging on for the next sale a worthwhile risk.
Mostly as a result of a few Tweets and FB messages, I have sorted out a new 'Archive' post on the CC Blog. It lists each exUK longhaul sale going back to December 2010, with a link to the relevant fare listing and any other details that I recorded at the time of fare loading.

It's now online here: http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/of...-fare-archive/

Hopefully it's a bit more usable than the previous version.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
I've always found your existing lists useful and this will help further for me.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:46 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by continentalclub
I have sorted out a new 'Archive' post on the CC Blog. It lists each exUK longhaul sale going back to December 2010
Excellent. ^ It might be helpful to add that "ex-UK" qualifier to the post title or introductory paragraph.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by IMH
It might be helpful to add that "ex-UK" qualifier to the post title or introductory paragraph.
Good point; duly done.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver. Tracking for TP run.
FIRST one way upgrade with CW sale tickets??

just booked some CW to DXB for easter in the sale. £790 each way. Im still in the 24 hour cooling off period (just) and have now read Simon Calder in the Indy saying from 20th the one way free upgrade offer to FIRST will be back. My question is should I cancel our flights and sit it out nervously till the 20th or would the First offer not be available on a sale ticket? i dont know where to find our fare code... all help gratefully recieved
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Champagne please
just booked some CW to DXB for easter in the sale. £790 each way. Im still in the 24 hour cooling off period (just) and have now read Simon Calder in the Indy saying from 20th the one way free upgrade offer to FIRST will be back. My question is should I cancel our flights and sit it out nervously till the 20th or would the First offer not be available on a sale ticket? i dont know where to find our fare code... all help gratefully recieved
In the past the upgrade to F offer has only been available on R/D/C/J fares not the sale fares (I)
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:08 am

In general, the one way upgrade to First offer applies only to semi- and fully-flexible Club World tickets. ExUK sale tickets are almost always non-flexible and therefore there's no precedent for any future upgrade offer being applicable to a sale fare.

I'd keep the bird in your hand, personally.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
The UUA amount isn't too steep on the DXB route anyway if reward availability comes up.

A couple of the ex-EU sales price into R when I class is full, sometimes these only seem to be around £200-£300 more each way; not a bad shout if it's then upgradeable to F for free.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver. Tracking for TP run.
thanks for replies. wil go for the consensus which is keep what we have. hope for UUA as a bonus. Thank you
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:50 am

Does that actually work? Reading the terms and conditions for the free upgrade it says it's not just any R fare that's upgradeable but specific ones that can only be bikes over the phone. I assume those were at a different price from the inexpensive R fares you see sometimes.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zkzkz
Does that actually work? Reading the terms and conditions for the free upgrade it says it's not just any R fare that's upgradeable but specific ones that can only be bikes over the phone. I assume those were at a different price from the inexpensive R fares you see sometimes.
Not exactly.

The fares weren't actually "upgradeable". You didn't buy a normal R fare and then get upgraded.

What happened is, you buy two parts of a fare, an "R" component and an "A" component. Both the components are (half) the price of a regular R fare and have similar rules on changes and refunds. But the A component was actually a full blown First class fare.

Each fare component would cover one half of a return journey. The order in which you used them was at your discretion (subject to availability in the appropriate booking codes).

The two fare components were designed so they could only be used with the other half of the pair.

The price was the same as a cheap R fare so it looked transparent to the purchaser. But that's why you had to buy specific fares.

You could do this over the phone or from a travel agent. This sounds complicated but it's actually a very simple way to do it, using the existing GDS systems and not requiring a special team to go through and manually re-issue upgraded tickets outside the system rules every time they were changed.

BA.com's IT is not quite up to this kind of skullduggery.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
If it is the regular free upgrade to First then you don't need to bother - you will need to have one of J,C,D classes and that's not going to be for £790 one way or anywhere near it.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:38 pm

Cities for an Ex-EU booking to BOS?

Hi all.

A bit of a cheeky question… I tend to ask only for advice on routes that are already booked but I am currently in the process of booking another trip and was wondering if I could benefit from any willing impart of wisdom.

Does anybody know of any cities that would be good to start from on an ex-EU cash fare in Economy to Boston? I’m looking around 4th June 2015 until 14th June 2015 but flexible on dates. I can’t find any OneWorld carrier under £400-£450 (which is a good price, admittedly, but the many ex-EU fares to NYC are under £300 which I'd be much happier with).

If neccessary to secure a circa £300 ticket then I’m content to to book an ex-EU fare to NYC and then make a reward booking between NYC and BOS. However, I thought I would see if anybody knew any ex-EU cities that might bypass the need and take me all the way to BOS.

I don’t expect anybody to do the hard grunt work for me, but some suggestions of cities might be useful which I’m sure I can plug into my ITA Matrix. I’m also happy to end up in a different city from the one that I began in (I did a OSL-HEL-JFK-LHR-LBA very recently).

Any ideas would be appreciated

Simon.

P.S. I don’t miss the last sector of an ex-EU booking.

P.P.S. If you know of anything ex-EU to ORD/PHL then I'm also happy to try those too. I might have more of a chance picking up a reward booking from ORD/PHL to BOS then I would be from NYC.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Simon Schus
in Economy
Yuck.

I don't see anything below £415 (ex BCN). Going to NYC is probably your best bet. If connecting from and to a oneworld carrier AA will protect you even on different bookings. That said the cheapest I see NYC is also £413.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
Yuck.
haha boooooo (but thank you for taking the time, Calchas!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.