Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How long does it take BA customer services to respond to complaints?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond

I had the unfortunate necessity to travel BA recently LHR-NCE-LHR, as the Star Alliance timetable just isn't helpful to there. First time in over 55 flights, and probably won't be back for that long too.

Had the delight of flying out of T1 and back in to T3 - but the buses are for another thread. No real problems with that, just everything was so temporary.

I did have cause to raise a complaint as I was removed from my allocated/checked-in seat once I was on the plane - duly raised on the BA website, and 10 days later still no response.

Is this really the service you lot put up with, or should I be expecting better? In an exactly similar incident a month ago, SAS responded in 2 working days.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:16 am

Did SAS explain that you can be moved from your seat ?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:23 am

Programs: Mucci Master of the Skies, Does anyone read any further than Mucci anyway? BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by o0herbie
I did have cause to raise a complaint as I was removed from my allocated/checked-in seat once I was on the plane - duly raised on the BA website, and 10 days later still no response.
Did you receive the email back when you filled in the form with the reference number. If so, you should have the reference number to chase, if not, then that's why BAngalore didn't respond. They didn't receive the initial complaint. Be prepared for the cut and paste response as well.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:25 am

I had the unfortunate necessity to travel BA recently LHR-NCE-LHR, as the Star Alliance timetable just isn't helpful to there. First time in over 55 flights, and probably won't be back for that long too.

Had the delight of flying out of T1 and back in to T3 - but the buses are for another thread. No real problems with that, just everything was so temporary.

Is this really the service you lot put up with, or should I be expecting better? In an exactly similar incident a month ago, SAS responded in 2 working days.
If the webform has been received successfully then you should get a call within a few hours or at the latest the next working day. I would say that BA haven't received your complaint for whatever reason.

It is a shame you had to use T1 but NCE is moving to T5 at the end of this month and is currently in T3 but the Galleries Club and Galleries First lounges in T3 don't open until May.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by hammythehammer
I think the point that the OP is making is that SAS did respond to a complaint fairly quickly whereas BA has not, so far.

To the OP, yes sometimes BA CS does take some time to respond, and sometimes doesn't respond at all, but CS response has generally improved considerably in the last year.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hammythehammer
It was explained on the plane - they'd oversold Premium Economy at the last minute, but hadn't bothered to tell me.

In BA's case, they allowed me to board with a seat number in business class, when I'd checked in in economy. So I lost my checked-in window seat at the front and ended up in the middle at the back.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by speedbird182
Did you receive the email back when you filled in the form with the reference number. If so, you should have the reference number to chase, if not, then that's why BAngalore didn't respond. They didn't receive the initial complaint. Be prepared for the cut and paste response as well.
This indeed seems to be the case!

Thanks, I'll chase up (somehow...)
Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What reason did they give you when you had to be shifted?

How was the flight itself?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
What reason did they give you when you had to be shifted?

How was the flight itself?
Nothing unpleasant about the flight really, the staff were courteous and the NZ Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc was a pleasant surprise.

I'm not used to flying on a 757 - a very strange layout.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by speedbird182
I would just like to point out that "ask BAngalore" and Customer Relations are two seperate entities at BA, you may well receive a cut and paste response from ask BA but Customer Relations will respond in full.

Customer Relations can be contacted by the following link http://www.britishairways.com/travel...=searchResults

You can ask BA a question through the following link https://ukprepin.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...ent=contact_us
Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:40 am

It was explained on the plane - they'd oversold Premium Economy at the last minute, but hadn't bothered to tell me.

In BA's case, they allowed me to board with a seat number in business class, when I'd checked in in economy. So I lost my checked-in window seat at the front and ended up in the middle at the back.
Sorry that you were let down during a config change on your flight. The staff at the gate should have picked this up and explained why it was no longer possible for you to have the seat on your boarding pass. Of course finding this out on the aircraft must have been very frustrating and clearly the CR team need to go through this with you. You can call them and they will advise you of the status of your comments.

Apart from a seat change though, how was the rest of the trip?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adrianjc32
Sorry that you were let down during a config change on your flight. The staff at the gate should have picked this up and explained why it was no longer possible for you to have the seat on your boarding pass. Of course finding this out on the aircraft must have been very frustrating and clearly the CR team need to go through this with you. You can call them and they will advise you of the status of your comments.
My real beef is that the check-in staff should have picked up on this. The BA website tells you that the best way to get a good seat is to check in early. So I did, online - got the seat I wanted. Then I arrived at the airport 90 mins before the flight, so they knew then which plane we'd be flying on.

To really rub it in, a colleague I was flying in was able to stay in his business seat - albeit with economy food service.

As per above, the rest of the service was normal - with pleasant wine. I didn't eat the sandwich offering as I'd already eaten in the airport. I certainly saw nothing that would win me over from *A - it wouldn't be nice to drop back to no status, and BA don't status match!
Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:50 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The BA website tells you that the best way to get a good seat is to check in early.
The website tells you that you can get it (which you did), and not that you will be able to keep it .
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

To really rub it in, a colleague I was flying in was able to stay in his business seat - albeit with economy food service.!
So you were flung out of CE into Y?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
So you were flung out of CE into Y?
Yup - which is not my complaint.

I was unhappy that no one was able to tell me this before I got on the plane (at the luggage drop off or at the gate), allowing me to to select a different seat instead of being flung right to the back in a seat I did not choose nor would ever have chosen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.