Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Diamond Club (ex-bmi) Credit Cards- AMEX, Small Business Visa and defunct Mastercard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Club (ex-bmi) Credit Cards- AMEX, Small Business Visa and defunct Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2010, 6:33 am

all sorted guys cheers. one other thing my DC account says 0 miles when do the miles normally get updated because ive already spent on the card so should have some miles on?

destination miles and status miles what are the two?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Miles earned from the card should credit when (or the day after) your statement is issued. Miles earned from flying usually credit within a day or two of flying on bmi, longer for partner airlines.

Flying also earns status miles where credit card spend does not, although if you got the bmi Plus Amex, you should also receive some status miles after your first statement. You need 16000 status miles to qualify for Silver, then another 39000 to qualify for Gold. See the other stickies for details.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Losing Patience With the Small Business Visa

I spend about £10k month on the Small Business Visa.

One would think that would mean that I'd see 10k Miles in my account per month.

Thing is this never seems to happen, there is always some sort of problem/delay/system thingy to stop this and no way to check from the statement what should be on my BMI DC account.

I wish the statements were like the consumer card where it showed how many miles were earned.

Last miles I got were 7893 miles on 15 October and most recently 3997 miles on 8 December.

The latest one is the straw that broke the camels back since all my statements have been around £10k.

I've contacted MBNA and asked for a proper explanation and to have my statements analysed then told what miles I should have got so that I can check.

Been assured it has been passed to a very nice lady that handles the spreadsheets sent to BMI so will see what happens.

Anyone using the Business Visa and getting the miles posting regularly and correctly?
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
My BMI Plus Amex has (annoyingly) just rolled itself over, putting the fee on my card and popping 4K status miles, but no destination mile equivalents, into my DC account.
At least you've got the 4,000 status miles... Mine rolled over in November. Called MBNA early Dec to enquire when they might make their way to Donnington, to be told they'd be on the 15th Dec statement. Nada. Called today, and the rather bolshi customer service person claims that renewal of the card doesn't come with any entitlement to miles, and that I'm apparently making it up.

Fortunately I think I still have a copy of the e-mail confirming all of this at home, but not muchly amused.....
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
At least you've got the 4,000 status miles... Mine rolled over in November. Called MBNA early Dec to enquire when they might make their way to Donnington, to be told they'd be on the 15th Dec statement. Nada. Called today, and the rather bolshi customer service person claims that renewal of the card doesn't come with any entitlement to miles, and that I'm apparently making it up.

Fortunately I think I still have a copy of the e-mail confirming all of this at home, but not muchly amused.....
You may have more success contacting Joanna or her team. I believe there was discussion much earlier in this thread that after the first year, it is the responsibility of bmi, and not MBNA, to apply the 4000 status points.

The "will appear on your next statement" answer you first got from MBNA sounds like one of their stock synonyms for "I have no idea" that I've heard several times before.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 12:57 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Raffles
"Collect miles faster with your bmi American Express® Credit Card from MBNA

We’re writing to you to let you know about a new spend bonus promotion, so you’ll be able to reward yourself with flights or treats even sooner with Diamond Club.

If you spend £2,500 on your card between 1 August 2010 and 31 January 2011 then you will earn a 2,500 destinations miles spend bonus*.

What happens next?
It’s simple, we start to calculate your card purchases from 1 August 2010 for 6 months and if you reach the spend target we will credit your Diamond Club account with 2,500 destinations miles.*"
My 2,500 bonus miles posted this month. ^
Old Jan 29, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
MBNA AmEx Lounge Passes

Just doing some filing and noticed that the MBNA AmEx paperwork says that two lounge passes would be sent after the annual fee is paid.

Was this added when the fee went up to £85? Pretty sure I didn't get them after applying for the card and paying the fee around April last year and am wondering if I should chase them.

EDIT

And then instantly found the email that couldn't 5 mins ago...
2 bmi lounge passes
After 1 August 2010 you will also receive two bmi lounge passes each year after the annual fee has been debited to your account. These are valid for one year from the date of issue and can be used by you, or you and a guest.
So one remaining question: Are they valid when travelling on any *A ticket, or only BD operated?

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Jan 29, 2011 at 12:07 pm
Old Feb 10, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, M&M SEN,FB Gold,EI Gold Circle Elite,HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum, Goldpoints Silver
BMI Credit Card for non UKs?

According to the website "Offer available to UK applicants.". Has anyone got it just with a UK bank account or similar?
Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Ventus2
According to the website "Offer available to UK applicants.". Has anyone got it just with a UK bank account or similar?
These cards are operated by MBNA in the UK. To qualify for one, you need a UK address and to pass a UK credit check. You might yet live somewhere else. The cards are issued in sterling, and if you use Euro as your main currency, you'll experience quite a lot of currency conversion costs.

There's a FAQ around here about the card as well...
Old Feb 10, 2011, 3:20 pm

Programs: Turkish, BA Exec Club, KLM Flying Blue
I'm a South African / Dutch resident in the UK and have one. I do however have solid credit history and address etc. Hope this helps.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by nedsaf
I'm a South African / Dutch resident in the UK and have one. I do however have solid credit history and address etc. Hope this helps.
The op's question was most likely "bmi card for non uk-residents"?

In this case, there is an easy answer: No
Old Feb 20, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Great thread.

I am thinking of opening the credit card and taking the fee paying one for a year.

I would be looking to use the miles to get a flight next Feb from Aberdeen to Abu Dhabi.

I have looked at the BMI website and gone through the process of trying to select a flight paying miles/cash howevere I am concerned that Abu Dhabi is not in the list of destinations in the drop down.

I read the FAQ and see that not all destinations are shown for booking on line. My question is therefore if I do take this card, would I be able to book flight to this destination using the telephone method if they are not available on line?

Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
In a word yes.

The web site is utterly useless for booking anything except an award wholly on BD metal within BD's route network.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Abu Dhabi easily doable on Star Alliance (Lufty, Swiss, even Turkish) - and remember that even if there are no AUX seats, its only a short drive from Dubai anyway.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 1:19 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Thanks for the replies. I fired off the application yesterday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.