Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Diamond Club (ex-bmi) Credit Cards- AMEX, Small Business Visa and defunct Mastercard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Club (ex-bmi) Credit Cards- AMEX, Small Business Visa and defunct Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
To be fair, they did explain that clearly in their letter, so I shall need to decide how much jeopardy I want to put myself in to keep earning BD miles! 1 day late paying the bill = large interest bill.
If you pay off the full balance every month, then set up a direct debit - that way you can't be late. And if it doesn't get taken on time it's MBNA's fault not yours.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Question Finder's Fee?

Does anyone know whether I can get some miles by introducing a friend to MBNA Amex?

I know BA offer this, but I can't find anything about it on the bmi site.

I have recommended the card to a friend, who is about to take one out, and I would like to benefit too if I can!

Thanks.

bmi G
Old Feb 21, 2010, 3:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by bmi Gold
Does anyone know whether I can get some miles by introducing a friend to MBNA Amex?
There hasn't ever been a referral bonus from memory and there certainly isn't one at the moment.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone got a recent clarification on splitting the credit limit on the Amex to open a MC? Is it still possible and how many miles per does it earn?
Old Feb 27, 2010, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Assuming they will still do it on the phone, the last reporting posting said what is in the first post - only 1 mile per 1. MBNA is cool, in general, about splitting credit limits.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 3:36 am

Does anyone know if the status and destination miles have to be applied to my DC account, if I get the card, or can they be put into someone else's DC account instead?
Old Feb 28, 2010, 5:10 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by hifly15
Does anyone know if the status and destination miles have to be applied to my DC account, if I get the card, or can they be put into someone else's DC account instead?
They have to go into an account belonging to the person flying - so, no, they can't go into someone else's DC account.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
There's a targetted snail-mail promo on the Amex card at the moment. 3000 miles if you spend 800 before the end of March. Not hard, considering I bought a monthly season ticket on East Mids Trains to London on Thursday at a whopping 856 including parking ^
Old Feb 28, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Raffles
MBNA is cool, in general, about splitting credit limits.
Can confirm that this still applies. I called them from the US a couple of weeks ago about shifting 3k of the limit from my M/C to my Amex and it was done there and then and took 24 hrs to be applied to the card.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
FWIW, I'm having an ongoing battle with MBNA about my BMI Plus Amex which is meant to have 3000 bonus status miles each year. Despite pointing out their own web page as well as BMI's they keep trying to claim that the bonus status miles are only for the first year!
Old Feb 28, 2010, 3:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
FWIW, I'm having an ongoing battle with MBNA about my BMI Plus Amex which is meant to have 3000 bonus status miles each year. Despite pointing out their own web page as well as BMI's they keep trying to claim that the bonus status miles are only for the first year!
MBNA only request the 3,000 miles in the first year. After that it is up to DC to apply the 3,000 status miles for you. You need to take it up with DC instead. They can check with MBNA to make sure you are still an active card holder.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
There's a targetted snail-mail promo on the Amex card at the moment. 3000 miles if you spend 800 before the end of March. Not hard, considering I bought a monthly season ticket on East Mids Trains to London on Thursday at a whopping 856 including parking ^
Thats better than my offer of 5,000 miles when I spend 2,000 before the end of March!
Old Mar 2, 2010, 4:28 pm

Programs: bmi
Hi Chaps/Chappesses. I was wondering how quickly people had their 20k/24k points credited from their credit cards to their DC accounts. I read the T&C's which said 'up to 56 days', but was just wondering whether they were likely to come through earlier, as I'm off to Oz soon and would love to use the miles to fly business class.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 3, 2010, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Even if you spend the 250 on the first day you get the card, the 20k miles seem to post with the miles from your 2nd statement. This means they will hit your account 2-3 days after your SECOND statement is generated. For the first month you just get the normal spending miles. (This is what happened to Ms Raffles two months ago and matches other recent reports.)
Old Mar 3, 2010, 3:34 am

Programs: bmi
dammit! That shafts my plan a bit. Wish I'd found out that bmi was *A earlier!

Thanks for the info - might try and be sneaky and adjust my statement date as soon as I get my first statement - see if that speeds it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.