Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Diamond Club (ex-bmi) Credit Cards- AMEX, Small Business Visa and defunct Mastercard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Club (ex-bmi) Credit Cards- AMEX, Small Business Visa and defunct Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:03 am

Programs: bmi
I spoke to a lovely girl at MBNA who said that they sweep all miles across at the end of the month - so it's not your 2nd statement but the month end following your first statement.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by immigant
I spoke to a lovely girl at MBNA who said that they sweep all miles across at the end of the month - so it's not your 2nd statement but the month end following your first statement.
Sadly she is wrong and Raffles is right. That is how they sweep the miles each month for your account, but not the bonus miles.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: BMI, BA, PC-gold,SPG
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
Thats better than my offer of 5,000 miles when I spend 2,000 before the end of March!
I think mbna want my custom back from ba amex, they've offered me 3,000 for spending 500
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:01 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
I'm about to emigrate from the UK to Australia. I hesitate to ask MBNA in case it does me immediate harm, but can I use an Australian address for my Diamond Club Mastercard? And if so, will it be possible to convert the account to Aussie dollars?

Experiences of others would be gratefully received.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
Originally Posted by Mr H
I'm about to emigrate from the UK to Australia. I hesitate to ask MBNA in case it does me immediate harm, but can I use an Australian address for my Diamond Club Mastercard? And if so, will it be possible to convert the account to Aussie dollars?
I can't really answer either of those questions (although I'm highly doubtful you could change your account to AUD), but you could always set up Royal Mail forwarding for your mail for up to 2 years, which might at least let you keep your card going for a little while yet.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Mr H

Experiences of others would be gratefully received.
You can't. You have to be resident in the UK for MBNA to give you the credit facility.

The best work around I can suggest is if you will still have a UK address (current address, or member of family) then keep it registered there or move it to that address. Switch to paperless billing so that everything is handled purely online and carry on as normal. That way you get to keep the keep the card and carry on as normal. It won't help with the Aussie Dollars, but it is better than nothing I guess.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It becomes an expensive way to earn miles, though, because all your A$ purchases will be hit with the 2.99% foreign exchange fee. You'd effectively be paying 1.5p per mile and that is not good value. And that ignores any fees you will run up paying off the bill, assuming you are not leaving any money in the UK.

Unless you are planning to do a lot of spending on trips back here, I'd close the card and get a local piece of plastic that saves you the 2.99%. Although don't close it until you've got a local card as it may take a while to meet the credit checks as a new arrival.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 3:47 pm

Hi folks, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I have a BMI business visa card. One of the benefits of this card is annual travel insurance. I can't tell from the paperwork if this insurance applies only to me as the cardholder, or if it also covers my spouse. Can anyone help me on this?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SK*G, BD*S, FB Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
I have just applied for a plus Amex with an additional card on the account. MBNA's site suggests that the second card should be completely free - is this the case?

Does anyone know if spending on the second card counts towards the 250 threshold for the 24k miles? Presumably spend on the account is what's relevant but I can't find any information on this.

Thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:47 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
OH and I both took out the card to get 20,000 bonus points. We both spent the required 250 by the end of the first statement. Second statement has now arrived and it is showing 0 points sent to Diamond Club, even though we registered our numbers at time of application. Is this normal and can I get them put through quicker - was hoping to book a flight for June (amazingly still available).

Also, and I can't remember the exact numbers, but we've spent for example 1000 each but it shows only 20,765 miles in the account. Surely there is some missing from this total.

Have I missed something or has MBNA made a mistake?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:50 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by price123
OH and I both took out the card to get 20,000 bonus points. We both spent the required 250 by the end of the first statement. Second statement has now arrived and it is showing 0 points sent to Diamond Club, even though we registered our numbers at time of application. Is this normal and can I get them put through quicker - was hoping to book a flight for June (amazingly still available).

Also, and I can't remember the exact numbers, but we've spent for example 1000 each but it shows only 20,765 miles in the account. Surely there is some missing from this total.

Have I missed something or has MBNA made a mistake?
Problem sorted. This was the problem this morning but have just checked account now to look at offers and the points are there
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:58 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
The second card is completely free. They keep offering me extra cards on top as well.

It doesn't matter which card is used for the spend, it all ends up in the same pot.

Originally Posted by andIRL
I have just applied for a plus Amex with an additional card on the account. MBNA's site suggests that the second card should be completely free - is this the case?

Does anyone know if spending on the second card counts towards the 250 threshold for the 24k miles? Presumably spend on the account is what's relevant but I can't find any information on this.

Thanks.
Old May 21, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
I recently got the BMI Amex Premium card ... As suggested above right after my 2nd statement the 24,000 destination miles posted no problem ... but no sign of the 3000 status miles as yet .. is this normal ?
Old May 21, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, SK*G, BD*S, FB Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
I recently got a plus card too. My 24k miles (plus whatever miles for spend) posted almost immediately when my first statement was issued. I haven't made any payments at all yet.

No sign of the 3k status miles either though - but also no sign of the annual fee.
Old May 21, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: GGL
How long for 3000 status to post?

I miscalculated my bmi status miles earnings a bit so am a little short (2500). Of course can fly somewhere but thought maybe take the AMEX with 3K status miles. Now read can take 35 days to post and below posts don't make it sounds it is quicker in reality. Any experience as to how many days it takes or whether can accelerate the process?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.