Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Status Match Offer for US/Canada Residents

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Status Match Offer for US/Canada Residents

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2024, 11:49 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
How much did those run you each? I'm seeing some RT in CW for ~$2500 total ($1190 + $1360) from east coast to LHR, but it requires a week before I can select a return.
I will DM you since sample fares for requal discussion is largely OT, I would think...
bbriscoe34 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
I checked with the Admirals Club today and they were able to see OWE by keying in my BAEC number
Interesting.

I just entered an Admirals Club @ DFW a few minutes ago (AA ticket/flight with my AA number) and every time the agent typed in my BAEC number it came up as 'Blue Member' (I've never been elite with BA before and am only Gold on AA).

My match from UA cleared on Tuesday and all the various and sundry BA apps and websites show it as Gold through 16 Oct, 24.

I was able to enter the lounge anyway given my card clearly shows name/expiration date, etc, but the agent said it often/usually takes 2 weeks for BAEC status to update in whatever system he is using so he wasn't surprised it hadn't updated in 2 days.

One of these weeks if I fly out of D, or have extra time will see what happens @ the Flagship lounge.
bbriscoe34 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by aw
AF Platinum. Submitted form on Apr 10 or 11, received confirmation Apr. 13 and still waiting.
I submitted Delta Platinum status on 10 April, got the response and case number back from BA on 13 April. Since then, nothing heard for me or P2 (same timeframe as me) - both are new BA accounts and we did submit our ID's with the request too.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Was matched to Gold (I am currently a soft land Silver) although not without a BA IT hiccup. I received this email from BAEC 5 days after applying to match my FB Platinum status... "Thank you for emailing us recently. Our records show that when you emailed us, there was a technical problem on our website. I am afraid your attachment was not included and we cannot retrieve it. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. It is rare we have this sort of problem and we are disappointed that it happened – especially as it means we must ask you to resend the information."

Less than 24 hours after emailing a copy of my FB Platinum card, Gold was approved.

I then emailed BAEC to try to clarify the "round trip" requirement... "I have a question about the qualifying return flight requirement. Can this be two one way tickets? USA-Europe one way on one ticket and then Europe-USA on another ticket? Thank you."

Prompt response but not very helpful... "I'm sorry to say I do not have access to all of the information to be able to answer your question. This does unfortunately mean you'll need to call your nearest reservations centre to help with your request. You can find their details at ba.com/contactus".
Jason77W likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
AARP Fare?

Hi All,

I successfully matched to BA Gold. I’m also an AARP member. Does anyone know whether purchasing a ticket with the AARP discount will qualify?
Old Apr 18, 2024, 8:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
Successfully matched to Gold from Delta Platinum. Submitted request on 16th Apri around noon CST. Received an acknowledgment email around 6:30 am the following day and received status match approval this morning.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 10:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by cedahm
Interesting.

I just entered an Admirals Club @ DFW a few minutes ago (AA ticket/flight with my AA number) and every time the agent typed in my BAEC number it came up as 'Blue Member' (I've never been elite with BA before and am only Gold on AA).

My match from UA cleared on Tuesday and all the various and sundry BA apps and websites show it as Gold through 16 Oct, 24.

I was able to enter the lounge anyway given my card clearly shows name/expiration date, etc, but the agent said it often/usually takes 2 weeks for BAEC status to update in whatever system he is using so he wasn't surprised it hadn't updated in 2 days.

One of these weeks if I fly out of D, or have extra time will see what happens @ the Flagship lounge.
I've been known to schedule a 3 hr layover instead of a 1 hour at DFW to have time to go to the Flagship lounge.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 6:42 am

Just got matched. Originally submitted a week ago, but never got a confirmation email (the webpage indicated that the submission was successful). I reapplied yesterday morning and almost immediately got the confirmation email before getting an email this morning that I've been upgraded to Gold from Delta Platinum (also had an existing account and didn't provide ID).
cjglick likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 7:06 am

Programs: UA 1K; DL DM; IHG Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by NYC2SGN
Still crickets for me... I submitted again yesterday and received a second acknowledgement email a few hours later. Hope that doesn't slow things down even more...
I called BAEC yesterday (second time) and they told me to use the 'provide additional documentation' form as a 'chaser.' They claim an 'additional documentation' submission would escalate the case even more to the front of the queue. I told them I already did that but they said to do it again anyway so I did. Then I sent an email to BA's CCO; and not too long after that I received an email approving my match. The approval email referenced the second case number from my second tier match request submission on the 16th. I didn't submit my ID in either tier match request; and I only cited my first case number when I submitted the 'additional documentation' form both times. My friend said it's probably just a coincidence that my approval came shortly after emailing up BA. He's probably right.

Oddly, after the my status changed to Gold, I still wasn't able to select a seat for free. I called in and they said it was a glitch in their system and they sorted it out for me.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 7:14 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
BA's status year confuses me, can you someone help?

Tier points collection year: 8 july 2024
Card Expiry 19 Oct, 2024 - which is the 6 month window to requal

It then says if i fly my roundtrip, i will have status extended to the end of your next membership year. What date would that be?
Old Apr 19, 2024, 9:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by peezondeez
BA's status year confuses me, can you someone help?

Tier points collection year: 8 july 2024
Card Expiry 19 Oct, 2024 - which is the 6 month window to requal

It then says if i fly my roundtrip, i will have status extended to the end of your next membership year. What date would that be?
I think we're all trying to figure this out; the wording is very vague and sloppy. Hopefully in a few weeks we'll have some reports from folks who have flown their RT and can let us know for how long their status is extended.
Jason77W likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by salut0
Also requires buying two business or first class round trip BA-coded tickets and flying them within the next six months — to extend the status till the end of the full year. That, along with the fact that they have to originate in USA/Canada/Mexico means that all the good deals ex-EU that need 180 day advance purchase are necessarily excluded.

Wonder what the cheapest pair of tickets that would fulfil these conditions is? I suspect more than $8k outlay
My match said one round trip in Biz or First. Will fall sale can do it for under 3k
Old Apr 19, 2024, 1:16 pm

"You’ll automatically keep your new status for six months. To maintain it for longer, you’ll need to book a qualifying return flight in business or first class and travel during this six month period by 12 October 2024. Once you’ve returned from your trip, we’ll extend your Silver membership to the end of your next membership year." (From acceptance email, Emphasis added)
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NYC2SGN
Oddly, after the my status changed to Gold, I still wasn't able to select a seat for free. I called in and they said it was a glitch in their system and they sorted it out for me.
I had the same issue on day of approval for a booking I made right after approval. The next morning I awoke to the “You’ve been upgraded to Gold” welcome email and in Manage my Booking I had already been assigned seats (actually the ones I was planning to select) and could change for free.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List
Originally Posted by gotravelant
I am DL Diamond and got denied the Tier Match - I guess only DL Gold and Platinum will get approved. Sadly, whoever at BA that set up the status tiers did not include the highest tiers from Delta and a few of the other airlines. Going to try with another airline now.
submitted for my mom who is DM and they gave her silver. sent in another request pointing out it's higher than Platinum and asked for Gold, still waiting to hear back!

has anyone who used the match used it on an AA flight yet and got benefits? we have an upcoming flight in a week and it's still charging for Preferred/MCE seats. Not sure if that means the status hasn't been reflected on AA side (but the main goal is lounge access)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.