Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Status Match Offer for US/Canada Residents

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Status Match Offer for US/Canada Residents

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K; DL DM; IHG Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by tswilson
Was BA Bronze (have been BA Gold some past years), am Delta Plat, applied yesterday, received ack email within an hour, was Gold this morning. (Note: BA website times out fairly quickly, without an error msg, at least for me; my guess is that is what happened for some folks who didnt receive an ack email. In that case, makes sense to reapply.)
Tried to submit the form again but it errored out for me too
Jason77W and CK2023 like this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat, BA Gold
Anyone have any tips to get the web site working? Do we just keep trying?

It seems its not working for any requests, so anyone submitting avios point requests will also get errored out too
CK2023 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Same boat here. Applied on the first day and didn't get confirmation email or anything. Just tried to reapply and got an error message. Do we think there is another way to confirm or contact them that may help get things moving?
Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by ron187
Same boat here. Applied on the first day and didn't get confirmation email or anything. Just tried to reapply and got an error message. Do we think there is another way to confirm or contact them that may help get things moving?
I have contacted them on Facebook messenger. You can also try X (Twitter). No response yet.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 6:12 pm

Programs: DL Plat, BA Gold
So apparently BAs web site didnt like me spamming it with repeated submission requests for this form and they have subsequently blocked my IP address. Now I have to wait 24 hours or call a UK number from the US to get unblocked; ironically, this all started because their IT system is inept alternatively, they might have been hit with so many requests (since this hit all the travel blogs) they decided to brick their own site for a time as they made this status match a bit too liberal, if you ask me
CK2023 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 6:28 pm

This is phenomenally annoying. I submitted a match on Wednesday after spending all day trying to get through and getting IP blocked. Never received a confirmation email. I'm trying to submit one now and the website isn't acting right again now either. BA has the absolute worst IT of any airline I've ever flown, it's insane.
CK2023 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 3:21 am

Applied at Wednesday afternoon (in London timezone), received case number e-mail right now, at Saturday noon
Seems something is really broken in a business process
Old Apr 13, 2024, 3:58 am

I submitted two days ago, just tonight got a confirmation email with a case number. Still no updated status though.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by de1337ed
Applied at Wednesday afternoon (in London timezone), received case number e-mail right now, at Saturday noon
Seems something is really broken in a business process
I would regard this as fairly swift by BA's standards. I think some expectation management may be needed here.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 5:20 am

Programs: DL DM
Similarly, I applied earlier this week and just got an email confirming theyd received it today on Saturday.
cjglick likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 7:10 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
"the continent of Europe"

Originally Posted by skye1
The landing page isn't helpful either:

!Want to keep your Silver or Gold Membership?

To qualify, these flights must:
  • Originate from the US, Canada or Mexico
  • Fly to the UK and onwards to Europe
(note that it says these "flights", plural; and it says "to the u.k. AND onwards to Europe"

Noting that the T & C's say that " A qualifying Flight is a published fare or a net fare...., for a round trip flight"
T& Cs updated for "qualifying flights" destinations;

...operated by British Airways (BA), American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) between United States of America, Canada, Mexico and all countries within the continent of Europe and also Israel and Greenland only.
flarmip and de1337ed like this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The submission form is working again today.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K; DL DM; IHG Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; Hertz President's Circle
I received an acknowledgement email this morning, but I can't tell if it is from the 'supporting documents' form I submitted on Tuesday, or from the email I sent them last night. I called the number for Executive Club yesterday and the rep on the phone suggested I try emailing them so they can forward my query to the right department.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 2:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by NYC2SGN
I received an acknowledgement email this morning, but I can't tell if it is from the 'supporting documents' form I submitted on Tuesday, or from the email I sent them last night. I called the number for Executive Club yesterday and the rep on the phone suggested I try emailing them so they can forward my query to the right department.
I received an acknowledgment email this morning as well, and I only submitted docs on Tuesday. Might suggest they're getting to those early apps soon.
cjglick likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 12:55 am

Programs: DL, UA
I like the offer - it's clear, and simple. It may not be covering everyone, so those who hold status with an airline that isn't in their target list will be frustrated, but the fact the qualification is plain and simple - fly within 6 months out of USA, CAN or MEX in Business or First, (2 flights) makes it also, pretty fair for the elevated status holders to qualify. The USA ones tend to be 4 months validity and have all sorts of flight segments, dollars and miles components which can often become pretty confusing. I'm considering giving this a go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.