FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Status Match Offer for US/Canada Residents
Old Apr 18, 2024, 4:54 pm
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Was matched to Gold (I am currently a soft land Silver) although not without a BA IT hiccup. I received this email from BAEC 5 days after applying to match my FB Platinum status... "Thank you for emailing us recently. Our records show that when you emailed us, there was a technical problem on our website. I am afraid your attachment was not included and we cannot retrieve it. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. It is rare we have this sort of problem and we are disappointed that it happened – especially as it means we must ask you to resend the information."

Less than 24 hours after emailing a copy of my FB Platinum card, Gold was approved.

I then emailed BAEC to try to clarify the "round trip" requirement... "I have a question about the qualifying return flight requirement. Can this be two one way tickets? USA-Europe one way on one ticket and then Europe-USA on another ticket? Thank you."

Prompt response but not very helpful... "I'm sorry to say I do not have access to all of the information to be able to answer your question. This does unfortunately mean you'll need to call your nearest reservations centre to help with your request. You can find their details at ba.com/contactus".