FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Status Match Offer for US/Canada Residents
Old Apr 19, 2024, 7:06 am
NYC2SGN

Programs: UA 1K; DL DM; IHG Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by NYC2SGN
Still crickets for me... I submitted again yesterday and received a second acknowledgement email a few hours later. Hope that doesn't slow things down even more...
I called BAEC yesterday (second time) and they told me to use the 'provide additional documentation' form as a 'chaser.' They claim an 'additional documentation' submission would escalate the case even more to the front of the queue. I told them I already did that but they said to do it again anyway so I did. Then I sent an email to BA's CCO; and not too long after that I received an email approving my match. The approval email referenced the second case number from my second tier match request submission on the 16th. I didn't submit my ID in either tier match request; and I only cited my first case number when I submitted the 'additional documentation' form both times. My friend said it's probably just a coincidence that my approval came shortly after emailing up BA. He's probably right.

Oddly, after the my status changed to Gold, I still wasn't able to select a seat for free. I called in and they said it was a glitch in their system and they sorted it out for me.