Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2024, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AF-KL Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Anyone else waiting for the bonus TP to be posted in their accounts?

It’s been more than 14 working days for me and have chased BA via BAEC line and Twitter.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Mine took about 6 week.

Chase, persevere and have patience.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
15 working days here. Emails sent yesterday as well as complaint raised. No response or points (810 owed) as yet. Whilst discussing another matter today, an agent on the Gold line said some nonsense about it now being 28 working days after the *first* flight in the booking. They really should change the offer wording on the website since the claim that the bonus points will be received within 14 working days is clearly now false.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by drpabs
15 working days here. Emails sent yesterday as well as complaint raised. No response or points (810 owed) as yet. Whilst discussing another matter today, an agent on the Gold line said some nonsense about it now being 28 working days after the *first* flight in the booking. They really should change the offer wording on the website since the claim that the bonus points will be received within 14 working days is clearly now false.
They were a bit daft to include it in the Terms and Conditions in the first place!

Mind you, what could one hope to achieve by taking legal action against BA for breaching their own T&C, anyway?
BA or bust and Blenheim like this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by DocS
Have a BAH trip straddling TP year end for some of the group. Our only experience to date involved chasing points and then all the double points being added for the outward and return in one transaction 4 weeks later. How should/do they post usually? Ideally all together after the trip would be good ironically as would push TPs into the new year!
I couldn’t find a reply to this in the thread. DocS , what was the result in the end?
Old Mar 16, 2024, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by trolleymusic
I couldn’t find a reply to this in the thread. DocS , what was the result in the end?
No replies as far as I saw - will report back though in the next month or so
crazy8534 and trolleymusic like this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 4:10 pm
gat

I was wondering if someone might be able to help with a question I have regarding how bonus tier points are backdated / the date they are linked to.

I'm CW to Malta over Easter, with my outbound and return either side of the start of the new collection year / adjustment period. Given the bonus tier points post a couple of weeks later, will they all be considered to have been earned during the adjustment period and therefore count towards status in 2025? Grateful for any assistance!
Old Mar 17, 2024, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
I had a trip straddling my November year end and the bonus points were all posted at the date of the first flight in the old year. I emailed a request to have them attached to each individual flight and this was granted so half ended up in my new year.
crazy8534 and trolleymusic like this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by peter3102
I had a trip straddling my November year end and the bonus points were all posted at the date of the first flight in the old year. I emailed a request to have them attached to each individual flight and this was granted so half ended up in my new year.
Interesting ! ... Default behaviour is for the bonus points to post as one transaction ( eventually!) and to post with the date of the first flight in the booking
trolleymusic likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 3:18 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by J343
Anyone else waiting for the bonus TP to be posted in their accounts?

It’s been more than 14 working days for me and have chased BA via BAEC line and Twitter.
15 working days for me now. Definitely slower than the bonus that I got for my trip back in December (which was a carbon copy of flight plus "just" 5 nights car hire, fully used - so no reason it should have been treated any differently)
Old Mar 17, 2024, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Interesting ! ... Default behaviour is for the bonus points to post as one transaction ( eventually!) and to post with the date of the first flight in the booking
This is a small ‘benefit’ of bonus points not posting automatically - ours had to be chased and we only got them 6 weeks after the return flights. They posted and were dated the same date (6 weeks after return flight) so would have fallen into a new month/TP year as manually added. If they post ‘correctly’ as per above next time will definitely ask them to assign to dates of flights not all in bulk at the start of the trip…
Old Mar 17, 2024, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
No it isn't. Default (and correct) behaviour is for them to have exactly the same transaction date as the normal TPs. They are no different in any way to normal TP's, but just doubled. If you find they have a transaction date of anything other than the flight dates then it is because they have been processed manually (either by you chasing, or just BA deciding to do this) in which case you may or may not complain depending whether it is to your advantage or not.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by nigelw
No it isn't. Default (and correct) behaviour is for them to have exactly the same transaction date as the normal TPs. They are no different in any way to normal TP's, but just doubled. If you find they have a transaction date of anything other than the flight dates then it is because they have been processed manually (either by you chasing, or just BA deciding to do this) in which case you may or may not complain depending whether it is to your advantage or not.
All I can say is that in all recent cases mine have posted automatically without chasing and have posted in one 'lump sum' with the transaction date equal to the first flight on the booking , but if that's not generally applicable that's probably good news !

Last edited by EvilDoctorK; Mar 17, 2024 at 8:04 am
Old Mar 17, 2024, 5:29 am
gat

Originally Posted by peter3102
Really helpful to know - thanks!
trolleymusic likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 5:46 am

I have booked a BAH and I am trying to understand how many Avios and TP should be credited for the following flights. I am Gold currently.

LON-SYD (BA15) - 360 TP
SYD-DOH in F - 240 TP? (BA flight number operated by QR)
DOH-LHR in F - 210 TP? (BA flight number operated by QR)

I am looking at the manage my booking and it is suggesting 570 TPs which doesn't seem right.

Do I get credited avios at 9x spend on the QR operated flights or is it based on the old charts for partners?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.