Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2024, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
On standard itineraries the reality is that as long as the car hire 'crosses midnight' 5 times then it's no problem ...e.g. picking up at 23:00 on Day 1 and dropping back at 0500 on Day 6 would be fine and in reality you'll get the extra points .. However the 'Double Tier Points' notice on the BA Holidays site only seems to show up if the car hire period is > 5 full days ( e.g. in the example above it would only show if the drop off was on or after 2300 on Day 6 )

For your itinerary which I guess you did with the 'Custom Trip builder' then not sure .. but perhaps it's similar for how the UI works .. Anyway as long as your car hire crosses midnight 5 times I think it should be fine
JakeHendy likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 3:29 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
On standard itineraries the reality is that as long as the car hire 'crosses midnight' 5 times then it's no problem ...e.g. picking up at 23:00 on Day 1 and dropping back at 0500 on Day 6 would be fine and in reality you'll get the extra points .. However the 'Double Tier Points' notice on the BA Holidays site only seems to show up if the car hire period is > 5 full days ( e.g. in the example above it would only show if the drop off was on or after 2300 on Day 6 )

For your itinerary which I guess you did with the 'Custom Trip builder' then not sure .. but perhaps it's similar for how the UI works .. Anyway as long as your car hire crosses midnight 5 times I think it should be fine
I don't think you ever get the red 'Double Tier Points' notice if you use the custom trip builder. I certainly haven't.
Old May 15, 2024, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Originally Posted by JakeHendy
Booked flights LHR to OSL...

... I've tried searching through the thread but couldn't see any updates on flight + car, and it looks to be a bug in the system that's persisted since the offer went live, so I'm that person asking a silly question
I'm just back from a 5 day trip where the car hire was about 8hrs under 5 x 24hr periods so the booking system didn't show the promo for the double tier points. The extra tier points posted without me having to do anything about 6 or 7 days after I returned. 👍
Bluekjp and JakeHendy like this.
Old May 15, 2024, 4:50 am

Just a quick one on posting of points following a holiday.

I've got 5 line items on my BA account -
4 for the flights, with tier points and Avios (After 48 hours from flight roughly)
1 that says BA holiday - only Avios (24 hours after end of holiday) - Would this normally be where the double tier points would show, or do the tier points typically post as a separate transaction?

Thanks!
Old May 15, 2024, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by dansound

4 for the flights, with tier points and Avios (After 48 hours from flight roughly)
1 that says BA holiday - only Avios (24 hours after end of holiday) - Would this normally be where the double tier points would show, or do the tier points typically post as a separate transaction?

Thanks!
The Tier Points show as "BA HOLIDAYS - TIER POINT AWARD". The Avios shown under "British Airways Holidays" are the bonus Avios you get for booking via BAH - usually 1 per 1 spent, but there are occasionally double or triple Avios offers.
Grande Annee and dansound like this.
Old May 15, 2024, 5:03 am

Super helpful, thank you. Will await the posting of those!
flarmip likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 8:44 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by dansound

Thanks!
The bonus Avios for a BA holiday don't require any special qualification, so they tend to post quite quickly after your last flight credits its normal Avios.
The double TP offer is a seperate thing and they need to check your booking as flown qualifies. Given the fairly arbitrary nature of when these TPs post I am inclined to beleive it is a manual process that runs every week or so, which means you will wait between 1 and 2 weeks depending on when your trip finishes as when the update runs. If you wait more than 3 weeks after your return you will need to complain as they have probably missed you.
dansound likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 12:45 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by flarmip
I don't think you ever get the red 'Double Tier Points' notice if you use the custom trip builder. I certainly haven't.
Ditto, I also didn't get the "Extra 1/2/300 off" message in the recent sale when doing it as a custom trip. Impossible to tell if I actually got that discount but it was a price I was ok with overall...
flarmip likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by ratechaser
Ditto, I also didn't get the "Extra 1/2/300 off" message in the recent sale when doing it as a custom trip. Impossible to tell if I actually got that discount but it was a price I was ok with overall...
I believe you don't get these discounts on anything except for the packages with rounded prices (i.e. no pounds & pence) you can search via the "flight & car" or "flight & hotel" options on the BA homepage. I once phoned to ask for the discount to be applied and they said it was at their discretion and they were deciding not to do so.
Old May 16, 2024, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Can you use BAH to book multicity and in different classes? I was looking to book AUH in First and DXB back in J but perhaps that is pushing it? The multicity tool is cr@p but i don't want to call up and waste their time if its no something that can be done.
Old May 16, 2024, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by flarmip
"They said it was at their discretion and they were deciding not to do so."
That made me laugh. Round my way we accomplish the same linguistic content with a mere two words.
Old May 16, 2024, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by bogglesuk
Can you use BAH to book multicity and in different classes? I was looking to book AUH in First and DXB back in J but perhaps that is pushing it? The multicity tool is cr@p but i don't want to call up and waste their time if its no something that can be done.
I haven't done it but there are many reports up thread of others having done so. It will require a call. They have been very nice each time I have called, they seem much more relaxed than the BAEC call handlers.
sayling likes this.
Old May 16, 2024, 8:06 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
If I book a chain hotel as part of a BAH package, am I eligible to receive stay credit if I am a member of that chain’s frequent guest program?
Old May 16, 2024, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by edrags
If I book a chain hotel as part of a BAH package, am I eligible to receive stay credit if I am a member of that chains frequent guest program?
As a rule, no.
orbitmic and DeathSlam like this.
Old May 16, 2024, 8:17 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by edrags
If I book a chain hotel as part of a BAH package, am I eligible to receive stay credit if I am a member of that chains frequent guest program?
No, you generally don't however you may benefit from facilities you might get due to your status, for example I most often get executive lounge access at a hilton on a BAH even without booking a room with that facility. No points though for the stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.