Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:51 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Just to say 470 double tier points posted today for LHR-CPT 240, PLZ-JNB (Airlink) 20, JNB-LHR 210.

Wasn't sure what would happen with the Airlink flight (single ticket connection onto BA, BA flight number) so good to know it all works as expected.
BA or bust and crazy8534 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 5:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Another data point: my double points arrived today 20th March, 13 working days after my return flight MSY-DFW-LHR on 1 March.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 6:39 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
And another from me - the double tier points posted today (20 March) in one lump with today's date. Return flight was 25 February and the trip was JER-LHR-DFW-BNA-JFK-LHR. 230 for a Premium Economy booking.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 7:53 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by rcfuse
Beware
BA accepts no responsibility if the double tier points do not arrive in time to post in your current membership year. If they are delayed then you are stuck – they will be backdated to your old membership year but BA will not re-open the calculation on whether you earned status or not. For this reason I strongly recommend that you do NOT book your BA Holidays trip at the very end of your membership year.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2023/1...-points-offer/
This is nonsense, HfP are wrong. Under the T&Cs BAEC have no choice other than to award the TPs for the dates the flights were taken. Any benefit those additional TPs derive must be awarded.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 1:38 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Outbound flight 28 Feb, 'normal' Avios & TPs posted 2 March.
Inbound flight 6 March, 'normal' Avios & TPs posted 8 March.
BA Holiday bonus Avios posted 11 March
Car hire Avios posted 16 March
Double TPs posted 20 March.

No call or e mail made.

Also, GGL line told me that there was a 28 day period after year end when tardy TPs can be credited. I have a BA Holiday booked 18-25 April and have an 8 May year end. Then a big trip on 12 May, so I hope the posting is along the lines of the above schedule.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Returned from 5 night BAH on Monday March 4th. Double Tier Points credited yesterday Wednesday March 20th. Pleased it went through ok after having to chase up a previous one last year.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Returned from nine night BAH to ATH (driving around Greece) on 3rd March. Double points posted this morning (21st) March. Similar to what I remember last year. Always seem to post on a Thursday as well? Maybe it’s coincidence.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:27 am

Programs: BA GGL
Another datapoint: Domestic LHR-EDI-LHR with car, rtn flight taken 26/02, double points posted 20/03. I was beginning to think about chasing it up, but I see now that quite a few forumites have recently received late-Feb double points.
Anyway, clears up my angst that the slightly poorly worded "multiple journerys from the UK" clause might scupper me, so to [MENTION=719975]TabTraveller[/MENTION] many thanks you were quite right.
Only 80 points but they all count. Well actually in this case they don't as they are pre-April, but hey...
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:57 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Perhaps the sudden deluge of Double TPs on 20/21 March coincided with this.....
BA Waterside - things to do
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 3:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
Many thanks for all the reports, folks- very useful.
I was going to say it looks like things are settling in to a c.3-4 week lead time for double TP posting.

However….
I just checked my own account and my double TPs have just posted from a booking where the return flight was 10/11th March.
From my own notes, this coincides with the timing of posting last year which was generally Wednesday or Friday the week following the last flight.
Although, again from my own notes, I never had any bonus TPs post on a Thursday before, only Wednesday or Friday.

Final thing to say, these double TPs posted from a booking that was eligible at the time I made it (June 23) but would no longer be eligible.
Make of that what you will, but obviously good news as far as I’m concerned.

My only slight complaint (not really) is that I was starting to hope for a post-April posting with inaccurate dating which would have boosted next year’s total but I also wonder if that might have been the impetus for BA to get this sorted out.
squeeler likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
This is nonsense, HfP are wrong. Under the T&Cs BAEC have no choice other than to award the TPs for the dates the flights were taken. Any benefit those additional TPs derive must be awarded.

Has anyone tested this? I might be travelling end of March 2025 hoping the double points would go toward my renewal at the new 31/3 year end, but don’t want to have them falling uselessly into the next year…
Old Mar 21, 2024, 6:52 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by crowe
Has anyone tested this? I might be travelling end of March 2025 hoping the double points would go toward my renewal at the new 31/3 year end, but don’t want to have them falling uselessly into the next year…
Plenty of reports of points crediting for the previous year.

They tend to show as 0, but the overall TP balance updates.

M
crowe, redpalmetto and crazy8534 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 7:15 am

My data point, holiday 04/03-11/03, bonus TP posted today in one lump, without chasing.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 7:24 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Part of the problem here seems to be the back channel conversations with BA insiders that go on from those with good connections - there's a working assumption that because someone senior says something, they really understand what they are saying and are getting it right - because certain travel forums will take it as gospel.

In this case, I 100% agree this is nonsense - there are all sorts of reasons that TPs might get retrospectively posted after a standard collection year ends - the most basic one being, erm, ANY flight that happens within a day or two of that collection year ending. BA could hardly get away with saying that they don't count retrospectively. There'd have been a riot on here by now if that was the case. And there's no provision to say that BAH extra TPs are a special case.

This is the danger of having an echo chamber attached to a rumour mill.
crowe, crazy8534 and flarmip like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 7:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
Originally Posted by ratechaser
This is the danger of having an echo chamber attached to a rumour mill.
Indeed, and in that respect FT is at an often huge advantage compared to the blogs/vlogs/news websites:

1. This forum has the largest concentration of very (very) frequent BA fliers, and in the case of the double TP offer there are more than a few FTers who have used it many times. Your chances of finding a datapoint of genuine experience are much higher than in a forum that is populated mostly by people who fly once or twice a year (I mean no disrespect to them but inevitably their experience can skew an answer).

2. There is a greater diversity of back-channel contacts and staff members who can post anonymously on FT. In that sense you can usually find a most likely consensus.

3. The ‘like’ function can be very useful to see who agrees with a comment and often promotes the correct information rapidly.

It is clear there has been a bit of a double TP posting catch-up over the past 2 days, and it doesn’t surprise me at all to have read about it here first.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.