Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2024, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by BobOnBA
So a couple of questions:

1)Any advice on alternative routings where a BA codeshare for the extra internal leg is available?Happy to hunt for specific fares myself, just keen to understand if my diagnosis is correct and alternative options if so.
2) I believe the trip can involve a stay at LHR as it's not the night "before", rather a night "within" the itinerary.Is that correct?
3) If anyone has any bright ideas to maximise TPs further I'm all ears! My main constraint, other than keeping each trip to ~£3.5k or less, is not being away for more than 5 nights, hence currently only considering MAN/DUB as start points. I'd only actually need to be in LAS/JFK for 2-3 nights each time!
1. Sometimes - it really depends on a few factors. I am flying back from ATL via DFW in a few weeks and the ATL-DFW leg didn’t have a BA codeshare. Similarly I have a JFK-DFW leg later in the year that didn’t have a codeshare. The issue is that occasionally codeshare legs can cause a massive increase in price due to some behind the scenes complication of ticketing.

2. If it’s after the initial domestic leg then yes, fine. (As above, you can’t start in DUB though).

3. msm had some good BAH double TP earning routes out of JER, mostly to PHX or PDX via the west coast. They were generally around £2.5k+ in F and would have earned something like 1500TPs in total. No idea if still available. You are going to be lucky to be much under £2/TP though.
msm2000uk and BobOnBA like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 3:11 am

Thank you both for the replies; I might start hunting for those F fares if they still exist!

Much appreciated.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 3:35 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BobOnBA
I might start hunting for those F fares if they still exist!
The fares msm got were in the last sale. But you can still get fairlt good prices on F.

If you have anything important to do at the other end I would seriously consider not risking it by making a TP run out of it, but fly more directly. Not because of the risk of not getting there on time, but because you will be exhausted from the travel (even in F).

If you terminate your main ticket somewhere mainstream like LAX it will be easier to get a ticket to price. Adding LAS on will mean the ticket won't be eligable for a lot of the best prices. You can buy an LAX-LAS flight for as little as $20 so the risk levels of missing a flight on a seperate ticket are low (IMO) as you can just buy a new ticket or even just hire a car and drive it.

A lot of people get extra flights in by pootling around SFO\LAX\LAS on AA. Those won't get doubled up from a holiday, but they can be a cost and time effective way to get some more TPs to get you over a threshold.
crazy8534 and msm2000uk like this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 5:11 pm

Programs: British Airways
BAH - total trip length cannot exceed 30 days rule - move return earlier to comply?

Hello,

I booked a short haul BAH with a total trip length of 52 days, not realising there was a 30 day rule.

If I change my return flight to fall within 30 days, does anyone know if the double TPs will then post please?

And/or is anyone aware of recent situations where double TPs still post with >30 day total trip lengths? I presume this is a relatively simple rule for their systems to check, so presume not, but perhaps they’re not strict about it?

Many thanks
Old Mar 10, 2024, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Arctic Troll
Depends on the hotel chain. IME Hilton will let you add your status at check in and give you some of the perks for that status (e.g. late check out), but you won't get points or qualifying nights.

Expect nothing and everything else is a bonus.
I've seen this stated about Hilton before, along with the note that IHG will not do that. Does anyone have DPs for Marriott?
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
I've seen this stated about Hilton before, along with the note that IHG will not do that. Does anyone have DPs for Marriott?

I've received status benefits from both Hilton and IHG in the circumstances under discussion. And a couple of times even got the points - though that was probably a mistake.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:16 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'm wondering whether holidays within the uk count? Ie London to Scotland. I assumed they would as "originating and ending in the UK", but I've just seen the "multiple journeys from the UK within one booking" don't count rule further down the T&Cs and am now wondering if this is why some Feb double points I was expecting haven't posted.

I guess if I've screwed this up then at least it's during the 'dead zone' of Feb when these TPs disappear come the collection year changes.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by snuffi
I'm wondering whether holidays within the uk count? Ie London to Scotland. I assumed they would as "originating and ending in the UK", but I've just seen the "multiple journeys from the UK within one booking" don't count rule further down the T&Cs and am now wondering if this is why some Feb double points I was expecting haven't posted.

I guess if I've screwed this up then at least it's during the 'dead zone' of Feb when these TPs disappear come the collection year changes.
Yes they do. The rule is you can leave the UK only once, but you do not have to do so.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by gbj42
Hello,

I booked a short haul BAH with a total trip length of 52 days, not realising there was a 30 day rule.

If I change my return flight to fall within 30 days, does anyone know if the double TPs will then post please?

And/or is anyone aware of recent situations where double TPs still post with >30 day total trip lengths? I presume this is a relatively simple rule for their systems to check, so presume not, but perhaps they’re not strict about it?

Many thanks
The T&Cs are silent on changes to length of a trip. The requirement is that the trip must be a minimum of 5 nights and a maximum of 30 and that all components of the trip must be booked together. Would an otherwise non-compliant itinerary become compliant if it is subsequently changed after reservation? It’s a tough one to answer definitively, I suspect BAH may try to assert that itinerary falls outside the promotion, but it won’t hurt to ask the question when you call to change the reservation.

Alternatively, you could do nothing and assert there is no 30 day requirement under the T&Cs dated 24 November 2023 which still are published on ba.com.
crazy8534 and sayling like this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 3:08 am

Programs: British Airways
Many thanks Tobias
Old Mar 11, 2024, 3:44 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by crazy8534
1. Sometimes - it really depends on a few factors. I am flying back from ATL via DFW in a few weeks and the ATL-DFW leg didn’t have a BA codeshare. Similarly I have a JFK-DFW leg later in the year that didn’t have a codeshare. The issue is that occasionally codeshare legs can cause a massive increase in price due to some behind the scenes complication of ticketing.

2. If it’s after the initial domestic leg then yes, fine. (As above, you can’t start in DUB though).

3. msm had some good BAH double TP earning routes out of JER, mostly to PHX or PDX via the west coast. They were generally around £2.5k+ in F and would have earned something like 1500TPs in total. No idea if still available. You are going to be lucky to be much under £2/TP though.
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
The fares msm got were in the last sale. But you can still get fairlt good prices on F.

If you have anything important to do at the other end I would seriously consider not risking it by making a TP run out of it, but fly more directly. Not because of the risk of not getting there on time, but because you will be exhausted from the travel (even in F).

If you terminate your main ticket somewhere mainstream like LAX it will be easier to get a ticket to price. Adding LAS on will mean the ticket won't be eligable for a lot of the best prices. You can buy an LAX-LAS flight for as little as $20 so the risk levels of missing a flight on a seperate ticket are low (IMO) as you can just buy a new ticket or even just hire a car and drive it.

A lot of people get extra flights in by pootling around SFO\LAX\LAS on AA. Those won't get doubled up from a holiday, but they can be a cost and time effective way to get some more TPs to get you over a threshold.
I've just had a quick look, and you can do JER-LHR-JFK-PHX for 1560 TPs and £2,292.

Based on how I book the fares, I'd estimate total costs of £2,750 for 5 hotel nights.

Puts me well under £2 per TP for the ENTIRE trip, let alone the flights which are £1.46 per TP.

In terms of the codeshare aspect, AS routinely change the codeshare flight numbers, which handily counts as a cancellation.

M

Last edited by msm2000uk; Mar 11, 2024 at 4:21 am
Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC, LH M&M
Is '[email protected]' still the best email address to chase for the additional tier points? I arrived back on Tue 19 February, and have got the normal tier points but no sign of the additional. The posts above talk about 'working' days (which I assume is Monday to Friday), but I've just checked and BA's own website just says fourteen days.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Cambus
Is '[email protected]' still the best email address to chase for the additional tier points? I arrived back on Tue 19 February, and have got the normal tier points but no sign of the additional. The posts above talk about 'working' days (which I assume is Monday to Friday), but I've just checked and BA's own website just says fourteen days.
... but clarifies, in the Terms and Conditions, that the bonus points should be awarded within 14 working days - which is why every response about timescales refers to allowing (at least) 14 working days
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Finally, 6 weeks after my final flight on a BAH trip, I have had the missing TP's, and missing bonus TP's, posted to my account.

Emails sent to the addresses given up thread never received any reply, but an email that I received today from BAEC, quoted a complaint reference that was generated when I submitted one via the webforms on ba.com a few weeks ago.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:58 am

I returned from a qualifying BAH on 15 February and have not yet received the bonus tier points and no response from any of the usual email addresses. Looks like a complaint is the way to go!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.