Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2023 edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2023, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines
One of the pleasures of reading the contents of this thread is the sense of schadenfreude I get from the comeuppance of the people that try to apply DYKWIA behaviours and then fail. I've not yet experienced such behaviour, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by higham44
One of the pleasures of reading the contents of this thread is the sense of schadenfreude I get from the comeuppance of the people that try to apply DYKWIA behaviours and then fail. I've not yet experienced such behaviour, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.
Often noone calls them out and so its a constant cycle of getting away with it
Old Oct 22, 2023, 7:42 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Dropped my rental car off at JER and parked up. Car behind me starts beeping at me like I've taken their unassigned space. I've no idea what the person wanted, but whatever. I park up, drop the keys into the box, and walk to Departures.

30 seconds later, I hear puffing behind me as the rental car guy brushes past me. He's in a rush, mutters something to me, and speeds off.

I know I've got plenty of time, but I'm now annoyed because of this guy.

Fortunately Departures is quiet, so I'm in the lounge pretty swiftly - and say in my eye-line is Rental Car Guy. He spots me, stares at me, then down, then back to me, and then away. It's very odd, but each to their own.

Boarding is called, and as I get to the Lounge Door, RCG pushes into me and dashes to the gate. Naturally the plane isn't ready, so we wait in the pen - and I'm now in a mood so sit right next to RCG. He mutters something, and I ask him to speak up - he doesn't.

Group 1 is called, so I stand up, as does he. We walk to the aircraft, him pushing his way past others for the 10 metre dash up the ramp. We board, and because life is never simple, he's sat next to me - except I know there's a seat-block for the middle seat...and he doesn't.

Well we're now 18 minutes into the flight, and my bag is having a most wonderful time in the empty aisle seat.

M

Old Oct 22, 2023, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Fascinating! Did you see where he ended up? Behind the curtain of shame?
Old Oct 22, 2023, 8:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

Well we're now 18 minutes into the flight, and my bag is having a most wonderful time in the empty aisle seat.
That is next level.....
Bravo, Sir, bravo...!
firstlight and rarelyfly23 like this.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Bit confused - so he should be in D with you in F but hes sat down in C? With you in E?

I might need a diagram
Old Oct 22, 2023, 8:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Bit confused - so he should be in D with you in F but he’s sat down in C? With you in E?

I might need a diagram…
My understanding is that msm should be in D and RCG in F but RCG doesn't know that msm had a theoretical seat block beside him in E so msm is sitting in E and using D as his personal space...?
I am really, really hoping for the follow-up that they landed at a remote stand at LHR and msm was met by a Concorde team car and driven to immigration .
(alas, probably not on SH anyway!)
antichef, lorcancoyle and cbyrne92 like this.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 8:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, ALL, IHG, Hilton H
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Bit confused - so he should be in D with you in F but hes sat down in C? With you in E?

I might need a diagram
I think msm2000uk was in D but chose to sit in E just to annoy RCG?
mnhusker and DXB2745 like this.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 8:54 am

Halfway thru the flight I would have been tempted to ask RCG just what his problem is.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 9:00 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Yes, msm2000uk said "I am n ow in the mood to sit next to RCG"
Old Oct 22, 2023, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I was in Y - and knew there was a seat block for E...so I moved myself from D to E

M
Old Oct 22, 2023, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by PAL62V
Halfway thru the flight I would have been tempted to ask RCG just what his problem is.
His problem? Clearly, RCG didn't know who MSM is!
PAL62V and Nick_USA like this.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by PAL62V
He was clearly annoyed with me about something...and even more so when I refused to stand up once we landed!

M
Old Oct 22, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
He was clearly annoyed with me about something...and even more so when I refused to stand up once we landed!

M
Have you thought of a TV series? This is epic trolling
Old Oct 22, 2023, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum

M
You do have a naughty streak...
antichef and johnny_cl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.