Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2023, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | First

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2023 | 2:29 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by PETER01
You'll get a pretty quick response I'm sure.
Hysterical laughter
Old Feb 11, 2023 | 3:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by ttama
Hysterical laughter
I'm glad I could give you a good laugh on a Saturday morning

I can understand why you feel that way but if you look at your own thread including folks who use YF regularly, posts 11, 18 and 22 as examples and whom I'd class as frequently flyers, and not once every few years they seem to get good/excellent service. There are inconsistencies here and there though from what we read on here but it's probably a tiny minority, not quite acceptable for the F product.

I benchmark my post on that, my own numerous F experiences (however its been before the pandemic since I've been in F)
Old Feb 11, 2023 | 3:25 am

Originally Posted by PETER01
I'm glad I could give you a good laugh on a Saturday morning

I can understand why you feel that way but if you look at your own thread including folks who use YF regularly, posts 11, 18 and 22 as examples and whom I'd class as frequently flyers, and not once every few years they seem to get good/excellent service. There are inconsistencies here and there though from what we read on here but it's probably a tiny minority, not quite acceptable for the F product.

I benchmark my post on that, my own numerous F experiences (however its been before the pandemic since I've been in F)
Well maybe one day the menus I've requested twice (once via the form and once on the form) will turn up. In the meantime I will continue to be extremely amused when someone is treated dismissively and told to contact You First. Hey, they could try putting a message in a bottle I guess ....
Sealink likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2023 | 7:20 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Even if BA cannot offer pre order in Manage My Booking why cannot they show the menu a month out?
marcopizzaiuolo likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2023 | 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo
10th Feb BA227

Food was fairly good, service quite attentive and kept me always refilled with LPGS (to be fair the other wines are pretty uninspiring )
Apparently its too difficult to include the route in your post?
Old Feb 11, 2023 | 7:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Well maybe one day the menus I've requested twice (once via the form and once on the form) will turn up. In the meantime I will continue to be extremely amused when someone is treated dismissively and told to contact You First. Hey, they could try putting a message in a bottle I guess ....
YF must be a hit and miss - I requested a menu on Wednesday morning via the online form and received it by email early afternoon.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2023 | 8:45 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Apparently its too difficult to include the route in your post?
I often find it much quicker to look things up that I don't understand than to type something unkind.

It's LHR-ATL.

That's London Heathrow (UK) to Hartsfield -Jackson Atlanta International Airport (USA).
Old Feb 11, 2023 | 8:48 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Bobbie2013
YF must be a hit and miss - I requested a menu on Wednesday morning via the online form and received it by email early afternoon.
Called them up earlier in the week got my menus emailed within 30 mins. Interestingly its the same menu on LHR/ LAX that you had a few days ago
Thought I better include the route as others seem incapable of using google!
ttama likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2023 | 6:41 pm
20 Countries Visited20 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc
I often find it much quicker to look things up that I don't understand than to type something unkind.

It's LHR-ATL.

That's London Heathrow (UK) to Hartsfield -Jackson Atlanta International Airport (USA).

thanks, I have actually often seen simply the flight code being quoted on these forum, hence I follow this format often in my threads, but not for any other particular reason
ttama likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2023 | 2:35 am
30 Countries Visited40 Nights2M10 Years on Site

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
Beef cheeks, which are very tender and nicely complemented by the chimichurri. Paired with a very decent Bordeaux but Im afraid this was a non-work trip that started with the brilliant 14 year old Mortlach in the EDI lounge and went downhill from there so no idea of the vineyard/vintage .

Then the Espresso mascarpone cake because who doesnt need another photo of that!

But actually the culinary highlight of this flight was the light meal (yes ok I had sobered up a bit by then!) with a quinoa and goats cheese salad followed by a wild mushroom and kale quiche and then my favourite BA F dessert- raspberry and lemon meringue!

seanp7, PETER01, Sealink and 6 others like this.

Last edited by crazy8534; Feb 13, 2023 at 2:43 am
Old Feb 13, 2023 | 2:58 am
40 Countries Visited500k40 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo
thanks, I have actually often seen simply the flight code being quoted on these forum, hence I follow this format often in my threads, but not for any other particular reason

Nobody ever posts, "why did you add the route to that flight number?" The converse it not true..

Personally, I try to add as much detail as necessary when posting, and to my mind that would include a route to, in the words of CWS, "aid those those who have not memorised BA's entire network."
bafan, crazy8534 and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Feb 16, 2023 | 3:19 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
BA207 LHR-MIA
Lots of dishes we've seen before but the plating has improved a few notches. My wife had the halibut (sorry no photo of that one) it was unrecognisable from the pictures up thread. Her's looked really good.

Cauliflower soup, really creamy. Superb.

Murgh malaiwala, always a great choice. Optional chilli on this to add heat if desired.
Old Feb 16, 2023 | 11:12 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold

Service in the CCR was poor this morning. On board the 283 to LAX, sides for the main where all on the plate would of preffered them in a side dish other than that nothing untoward. Halibut was tasty. Enjoyed the soup, which was tasty and filling. Had the cheese board as my light meal.
Old Feb 17, 2023 | 4:46 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold

Great meal and wonderful service on IAD-LHR on the Boeing 787-10. The beef main was way overdone but its a plane after all and flavor was good. I enjoyed the Larrivet Haut-Brion.

pre-departure bubbles were Duval Leroy from J. I had to ask because I could tell it was not LPGS, the flight attendant seemed embarrassed about the customs situation! I had a few sips but decided to hold out for a few glasses of LPGS after takeoff. Is it even the J bubbles out of LHR still?

looking forward to the return next week.
Old Feb 17, 2023 | 8:34 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

I've now flown BA F since 2018 (always J). Do they still have the cappuccino maker on board or has that gone? I once asked for one and the crew said she'd ask a colleague as he was better at frothing the milk and then said they have a proper little machine. I had a look and they did indeed.

My guess though was this was on an old plane, perhaps the 747?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.