Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise ŕ jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2023, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by aks120
LPGS and Ruinart this evening. I never asked about Dom but will next. The breaking news is the fire is working….!

Regards

aks120
Just in time for summer…but hey it is windowless so does the weather really matter
Old Apr 11, 2023, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I'm pretty sure DP Luminous is normal DP (which is a perfectly decent but not amazing champagne), but with a LVMH ~$70 "idiot tax" added on top in recognition that only fools or people running nightclubs with fools as customers would ever buy it. Unless AA/ BA is literally buying individual bottles from the sale aisle of a nearby bodega, it's hard to imagine that they've found a way to buy the shiny bottle for the same price as the normal stuff.
I would assume they found someone, somewhere, who wanted to unload a bit of a surplus. Maybe a Miami gentleman's club that closed. Though I mean, if that's their strategy, to scrounge around looking for deals, no wonder it's so haphazard.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 2:44 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I would assume they found someone, somewhere, who wanted to unload a bit of a surplus. Maybe a Miami gentleman's club that closed. Though I mean, if that's their strategy, to scrounge around looking for deals, no wonder it's so haphazard.
Particularly given the trade discounts that a place like the Chelsea lounge would be offered from regular purchasing. In fact, that might be the answer - they're buying so much Moet that they might have an agreement for a "13th bottle free" from their higher end brands to then pass off as special deals... which would explain why it's so random.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 11:51 am
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL
Krug and Ruinart on today
LeeT and ryanbriar like this.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 4:08 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Here now, they’re out of the Krug but they have LPGS

Side note, I did find it amusing how the server whispered to me when I asked about the premium champagne on offer tonight, like it’s a secret Lol
Old Apr 15, 2023, 1:23 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by S.R
Here now, they’re out of the Krug but they have LPGS

Side note, I did find it amusing how the server whispered to me when I asked about the premium champagne on offer tonight, like it’s a secret Lol
Almost as if saying to you ‘Don’t tell any of the other lounge guests or they’ll all want some!’

We have fallen a long way from the JFK CCR room (which EI will begin using when they move to T7 next month apparently!)

Also - I have given up trying to understand the entry rules - if arriving on BA (CW) and connecting to AA transcontinental (3-class) in J, do I still get access as GGL?

Pilot37
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 2:05 am

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Almost as if saying to you ‘Don’t tell any of the other lounge guests or they’ll all want some!’

We have fallen a long way from the JFK CCR room
On the premium champagne front I’m pretty sure it’s not changed; you had to know to ask for the good stuff (LPGS) when it was open.

It is a bewildering policy mind which I suspect alienates a few!
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 6:48 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by Pilot37
if arriving on BA (CW) and connecting to AA transcontinental (3-class) in J, do I still get access as GGL?
You should.
Markie, crazy8534 and Pilot37 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 6:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Football Fan
You should.
On the basis of the inbound long haul CW flight?
Football Fan and crazy8534 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 7:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by KARFA
On the basis of the inbound long haul CW flight?
Wouldn’t the inbound CW TATL and the J Transcon both count to let a GGL get access?

Honestly, I give up….!
Football Fan likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 7:39 am

I understand a GGL on an AA domestic flight, with no international connection, and not in flagship F, would only get access to Soho.

I think that a GGL on an international BA/AA flight in any cabin should get access to Chelsea, and that should also apply if connection from such a flight on to an AA domestic flight.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 7:54 am

Programs: BAEC
I had the impression that GGL with either a long haul on BA/AA or an AA transcon in any cabin would get access to Chelsea. That seems to be confirmed by the BA website. God knows if agents will interpret this some other way 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited by RichieMc; Apr 15, 2023 at 11:34 am
Old Apr 15, 2023, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
So...any last minute advice...should I head to the Chelsea or avoid disappoint and just go for the Soho? Flying Monday on 172, so I would be in the lounge from 1830.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Originally Posted by JTXC
So...any last minute advice...should I head to the Chelsea or avoid disappoint and just go for the Soho? Flying Monday on 172, so I would be in the lounge from 1830.
They both use the same lift/reception so head on up and ask which lounge they will let you into based on your status/itinerary
Old Apr 15, 2023, 10:35 am

If you are wanting to try for the Chelsea I would head out of the lift and to the right to the two agents sat at that reception to improve your chances.
crazy8534 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.