Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Exec, LH M&M
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
Thanks for posting 'Above'. Those poached eggs are a worthy nominee for British Airways' Flying Food Hall of Shame. You are beyond kind to describe them as "a bit disappointing".
Thanks! Trying to stay positive
adrianlondon, SxMan and AnaTravel like this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by pythonisman
What is that paste next to the beef? I'm guessing it should be potato, but looks more like hummus!
Celeriac mash. I have to say everything was very tasty……….the best CE meal I’ve had since before covid.
Sealink and pythonisman like this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:38 am

The wrong airline was quoted. Apologies. Post deleted.

Last edited by AnaTravel; Aug 27, 2022 at 4:30 am Reason: Wrong airline quoted.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Above
Thanks! Trying to stay positive
There may be hope. I have seen FT contributors post images of perfectly poached eggs with delicious runny yolks. If memory serves me correctly, some have been on the BA forum. They can do it!
Above likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SAA Voyager

LGW-PMI, 26 August 2022, 18:10 departure
Band 2

Tomato, Mozzarella Quinoa Salad

alternative was a Ploughman’s

Same as what was on offer back in June from LGW
No menus loaded
Tasted ok, albeit as bland as I remember it from the last time I got it
Old Aug 27, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by krispy84
The croissant looks tiny, but everything else looks ok IMO. How did it taste?.
I suppose the idea is that the entire croissant can be consumed in one go, without the need to bite into it and make crumbs which can go everywhere. 😂. It’s what our customers have asked for 🫣
choosethedrew and AnaTravel like this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 6:55 am

FCO-LHR

Does anyone have a recent menu for a rest of the day meal from a FCO-LHR flight please?
Old Aug 27, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: Some
BA looking out for everyone’s health again with some slightly extreme portion control - LHR-PMI brunch (BA514); it’s very much a snack and not a meal.

Old Aug 28, 2022, 2:48 pm

09.35 lhr - zrh

Originally Posted by Above
Morning flight, LHR-VIE; no menus, choices were traditional English breakfast, poached eggs, cold platter with prosciutto. I had poached eggs, bit disappointing really
The choice was the same on my flight to Zurich. I had the poached eggs too - the carbohydrate was described by CC as English muffins but seemed like a toasted roll to me (none of the usual English muffin flavour/texture). Poached eggs were solid, sauce was set (like melted and cooled cheese but didn’t taste like it).

That being said, I managed about half of it!

My bakery item hasn’t been served on this little plate in CE before. The tray also seemed larger than usual.

adrianlondon, Sealink and Above like this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 3:10 pm

19.10 zrh-lhr

Described as ‘vegetarian option - egg and asparagus salad’. The croutons were soggy and there were wasn’t much egg! The pudding tasted like white chocolate mouse with a passion fruit topping and the starter was probably a celeriac remoulade. All nice enough.

The alternative was a Mexican chicken salad with avocado, sweetcorn and beans - was impressed by the amount of chicken on my companion’s plate, though didn’t get a photo.

I note Krispy84 says menus aren’t issued on lower band flights (makes sense as I haven’t had one since my last band 3 flight) but thought back in March/April someone somewhere (!!) on FT said they were appearing on even express band flights due to the Government’s requirement to publish calories on menu. At least I know not to even hope to know what I am eating now!
adrianlondon, Sealink and Above like this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 3:15 pm

Got a menu on my LHR - NCL in the week
Old Aug 28, 2022, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by StuMcGrew
Got a menu on my LHR - NCL in the week
Coal 😁😛
ENTP likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 3:29 pm

IBZ to LHR

IBZ to LHR on Thursday. Different service from what I'm used to:

- No menus handed out
+ Pre-meal drinks service + nuts
- Meal service only 2 choices, served with drinks
+ Plenty of top-ups. Plus coffee and even a peppermint tea, too

I had the beef cheeks, which was ok, nothing special. As we had no menus, no idea what the starter was and the cheese selection was a bit poor. I normally look forward to the red leicester, which seems to have disappeared?

Beef Cheeks
adrianlondon and Sealink like this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chriswiles
- Meal service only 2 choices
I’ve seen this a few times recently too. Only 2 (hot) choices with the usual cold / salad option missing. This was on longer band flights. A new enhancement?
Old Aug 28, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by volar
I’ve seen this a few times recently too. Only 2 (hot) choices with the usual cold / salad option missing. This was on longer band flights. A new enhancement?
The third cold plate offering was traditionally only one or two plates in my experience in recent years. Occasionally the CSM would offer a THIRD hot option if something hadn't been eaten outbound (and the crew hadn't eaten it), but it was often common for no cold plate onboard at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.