Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Spongthrush
BA1306 ABZ-LHR 16-Mar
According to BA, or Do&Co, this is an onion bhaji. Hmmm. Pretty to look at but a huge disappointment as I quite fancied what I call an onion bhaji. This was a rock hard piece of pitta-like bread with some unidentifiable veg inside, hard, impossible to eat with knife and fork and really bland. I eat anything....but I didn't finish this. Pud, melon and the mini-salad with those red crunchy seeds (pomegranate?) were all nice. Crew said 'just cut through the string' to open it. A BA knife did not work so I improvised with my new implants (teeth...) Maybe Do&Co sold this as an passenger entertainment food experience?
An odd meal for a morning flight
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Sealink

BA1306 ABZ-LHR 16-Mar

According to BA, or Do&Co, this is an onion bhaji. Hmmm. Pretty to look at but a huge disappointment as I quite fancied what I call an onion bhaji. This was a rock hard piece of pitta-like bread with some unidentifiable veg inside, hard, impossible to eat with knife and fork and really bland. I eat anything....but I didn't finish this. Pud, melon and the mini-salad with those red crunchy seeds (pomegranate?) were all nice. Crew said 'just cut through the string' to open it. A BA knife did not work so I improvised with my new implants (teeth...) Maybe Do&Co sold this as an passenger entertainment food experience?
An odd meal for a morning flight
A very odd meal for a breakfast service. Spongthrush was this a ‘special meal’ or one of the regular meal options?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
A very odd meal for a breakfast service. Spongthrush was this a ‘special meal’ or one of the regular meal options?
It was one of two regular meal options offered in Club, sorry, can't recall the alternative. Crew said it was new and thought it slightly odd.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 1:37 am

Programs: BAEC
It was one of two regular meal options offered in Club, sorry, can't recall the alternative. Crew said it was new and thought it slightly odd.
Come back ham and cheese croissant; all is forgiven.
efincomputer, NoY, Sealink and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 4:13 am

Club Europe catering

Why sort of meal should I expect in Club Europe on an 8.45 am departure from LHR to Funchal?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

It should be breakfast iirc

Regards
tbs
Genius1 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 4:44 am

Thanks

that was my assumption, but is it a decent breakfast or just some scraps?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 4:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Lidl Plus
Originally Posted by gk5336
that was my assumption, but is it a decent breakfast or just some scraps?
There's a whole thread on the subject, including changes that have happened in the last couple of days, here.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Possibly a squashed warm croissant.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 5:06 am

Eat and drink well in the lounge so that the onboard offering does not leave you hungry! You should get a decent tray with a choice of hot breakfasts rather than the squashed croissant.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: BAEC
If you're really unlucky, an onion bhaji.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Simonp27
Possibly a squashed warm croissant.
As catering is now back to normal, on a Band 4 route such as FNC it will be a choice of two hot options or a continental breakfast, with fruit and yogurt / Bircher muesli, and a selection of warm pastries.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Band 2 KSML lunch yesterday: hot-smoked salmon starter, chicken breast with couscous salad main, some caramel mousse-type dessert. Pleasant enough (although the chicken breast was rather dry). The downside of moving back to 'normal' catering is that we are back to cold salads rather than hot meals at lunchtime on band 2.

KSML lunch band 2
Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
The choice this afternoon on the EDI to LHR was a poke bowl (described as Asian vegetarian) and a roast beef and potatoe salad plate. I had the poke and it was absolutely delicious! It had a soy/sesame dressing and a wasabi cream but the whole thing was yummy. I would definitely have it again and it was much improved on the stuff the have been serving!

aks120
Old Mar 17, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aks120
The choice this afternoon on the EDI to LHR was a poke bowl (described as Asian vegetarian) and a roast beef and potatoe salad plate. I had the poke and it was absolutely delicious! It had a soy/sesame dressing and a wasabi cream but the whole thing was yummy. I would definitely have it again and it was much improved on the stuff the have been serving!

aks120
It is absolutely delicious with a nice bit of heat too!
aks120 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.