Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2022, 12:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Already got 2 Hilton cards - one of which is the Hilton card

My other card doesn't have the option to convert.

So this is not for me
Old May 18, 2022, 3:10 pm
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by SavvyTravel
My 5k bonus landed fine but I also noticed that I am finally getting the £5 rebate on the Barclaycard £20 fee into my Premier account. So now it’s “only” a £180 annual fee for those non Amex avois and a BRUV.
you get the rebate if you're paying £12 for the avios premier account.
Old May 18, 2022, 7:49 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Does it show up on the current account rather than the credit card? Nothing showing on either here.
​​
Old May 20, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: AmEx & Barclaycard Avios Plus
Just had the bonus offer email. 25,000 Av on the way. How long did it take to post into account can anyone confirm?
Old May 20, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by higham44
Have not received the 5k bonus.
I am sure that I did apply via the HfP link, but cannot find where I can locate the application contract/documents to check. Any ideas, Rob, how to find it?
It's a bit long winded but in the Barclaycard app, go to '... more', then 'statements and documents', then select the 'documents' tab and the pre-contract docs should be there.

Also, I had no record of the HfP 5k anywhere in any Barclays 'avios to be transferred' - but I can see it as a deposit in my recent transactions in BAEC. Of course, ba.com isn't displaying my statement but I can see enough recent transactions in the BA Rewards app to see the 5k.
Old May 20, 2022, 5:40 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by aviosluv
Just had the bonus offer email. 25,000 Av on the way. How long did it take to post into account can anyone confirm?
I think the avios transfer across at the beginning of each month - last months earned avios arrived in my BAEC on 4 May.
Old May 20, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
It's a bit long winded but in the Barclaycard app, go to '... more', then 'statements and documents', then select the 'documents' tab and the pre-contract docs should be there.

Also, I had no record of the HfP 5k anywhere in any Barclays 'avios to be transferred' - but I can see it as a deposit in my recent transactions in BAEC. Of course, ba.com isn't displaying my statement but I can see enough recent transactions in the BA Rewards app to see the 5k.
Thanks. Have followed the app navigation as you suggested and my message in Documents is 'You don't have any documents her yet'. Will keep searching.
Old May 23, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
What a strange company Barclaycard are!

I applied for this card a couple of weeks ago, got the message at the end of the application, "we need more information".

Not heard anything at all since then.
Old May 23, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by pmcg
What a strange company Barclaycard are!

I applied for this card a couple of weeks ago, got the message at the end of the application, "we need more information".

Not heard anything at all since then.
Took them a month and a half to make a decision about my application, and they only made one after I emailed a manager at the company.
pmcg likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 3:32 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Has anyone been able to apply for this card while already holding a Barclaycard?

In my case I had a Platinum credit card, but they said I was ineligible.

Phone support could not explain why, so I've cancelled my Plat card out of annoyance!

M
Old May 23, 2022, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Has anyone been able to apply for this card while already holding a Barclaycard?

Phone support could not explain why, so I've cancelled my Plat card out of annoyance!

M
you can only have one barclaycard product at a time. Think you have to wait 6 months now before getting this.

EDIT: see here https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...tercard-bonus/
msm2000uk likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 12:52 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker

M
Originally Posted by aceman
you can only have one barclaycard product at a time. Think you have to wait 6 months now before getting this.

EDIT: see here https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...tercard-bonus/
Not quite so.. I had two Barclaycards for many years, the Hilton and the Platinum Visa. After a month or so of looking on the BC app the Platinum became swappable for the new Avios products. I requested it in April (on the app), it was swapped on the statement date in May and I now have a new BC Avios Card plus my old Hilton Card.
Old May 24, 2022, 5:02 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Not quite so.. I had two Barclaycards for many years, the Hilton and the Platinum Visa. After a month or so of looking on the BC app the Platinum became swappable for the new Avios products. I requested it in April (on the app), it was swapped on the statement date in May and I now have a new BC Avios Card plus my old Hilton Card.
BC said to me I could switch cards through the App, but when I tried, it didnt even show the card - much to the surprise of the phone agent I eventually spoke to.

M
Old May 24, 2022, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
BC said to me I could switch cards through the App, but when I tried, it didnt even show the card - much to the surprise of the phone agent I eventually spoke to.
Keep looking, my option to swap just appeared one day out of the blue.
Old May 29, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Apple Pay now seems to be working for me with this card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.