Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
British Airways (BA) announced that they had signed a codeshare agreement with Loganair (LM) on 16th August 2017. The agreement came into affect on 1st September 2017.

British Airways customers can book onward Loganair connections from destinations across its route network, or point to point travel in the UK more easily through ba.com. Executive Club members who book onto routes operated by Loganair through ba.com can earn Avios and Tier points.

Loganair customers are able to connect onto British Airways domestic services at Manchester, Inverness, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen, flying on a “through ticket”, meaning they can check in hold baggage at their departure airport straight through to their destination.

Some changes have been made to the Loganair operated routes covered by the agreement since 2017, with routes both being added and removed over the years. The most recent update to the agreement was announced on 1st February 2022.

The routes operated by Loganair which British Airways codeshare on of 1st February 2022 are:

[b]Updated: 31st May 2022]/b]

Aberdeen (ABZ) to/from:

Belfast City (BHD)
Birmingham (BHX)
Bristol (BRS)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Manchester (MAN)
Newquay (NQY)
Norwich (NWI)
Sumburgh (LSI)
Teesside (MME)

Derry (LDY) to/from:

Liverpool (LPL)
London Stansted (STN)

Edinburgh (EDI) to/from:

Exeter (EXT)
Isle of Man (IOM)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Southampton (SOU)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Glasgow (GLA) to/from:

Benbecula (BEB)
Exeter (EXT)
Islay (ILY)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Southampton (SOU)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Isle of Man (IOM) to/from:

Birmingham (BHX)
London City (LCY)
London Heathrow (LHR)
Manchester (MAN)

Inverness (INV) to/from:

Benbecula (BEB)
Birmingham (BHX)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Manchester (MAN)
Newquay (NQY)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Newcastle(NCL) to/from:

Exeter (EXT)
Southampton (SOU)

Newquay (NQY) to/from:

Manchester (MAN)

https://www.loganair.co.uk/
Print Wikipost

Loganair Codeshare Agreememt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2022, 1:23 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Mike Burns
Any thoughts? Ive headed back to commuting via Heathrow as no point paying for the Codeshare arrangement to be worse off !
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum.

Here is an example of it working, I did not need to claim, it just came through in the usual way.

Going forward, no need to contact LM. Just call BAEC with your PNR and 125 ticket number, mention the online form isn't working, but don't get into a debate with someone inexperienced - just say this sector didn't credit. Some people have found that Chat works. If you are in a position to email in your boarding passes that may help, but if booked on BA.com they can dig it all out from their end.
KARFA and squawk like this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: BA EC Peasant, AAdvantage Platinum
Is there any trick to booking codeshares?

I am trying to book ABZ-NQY (Aberdeen to Newquay which has a stop at Manchester (same plane)).
This is available on Loganair directly, but not via ba.com - BA will sell the route as a codeshare, but with a four hour change at MAN.

I am thinking BA will only allow a minimum connection time at MAN or something.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This flight has 3 prime flight numbers, one for ABZ to MAN, another for MAN to NQY and one for ABZ to NQY. BA has parallel codeshare numbers on all three of those. However looking at a few dates in September the BA fare buckets for the full service ABZ to NQY is showing zero in all buckets, whereas the shorter sectors have availability. This may just be a temporary glitch which will resolve itself, I don't have any insight into that. It may be structural in that when LM sells shorter sectors it can work out the impact on the longer trip. If it sells too many MAN - NQY at some point that impacts ABZ to NQY. It may be that BA hasn't got a good handle on that and therefore has zero'd it as a precaution. The MAN MCT for this is 30 minutes, so a telephone agent should be able to combine the two sectors on a single trip, given the 35 minute turnaround in MAN, but this may be uneconomic compared to buying with LM. Online BA's multi city has a 2 hour default MCT hence you would need to call for that.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:11 am
Company Representative, BA Refunds

Programs: BA Executive Club
Unless something has changed in the past week when i looked at this issue, the MCT at MAN for all airlines is now 3 or 3.5hrs because there's no airside transfers at present. This means collecting bags and transferring landside. That may have changed but wanted to mention it, i am not working today to check.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
So I assume I look at LM to LM (DOM->DOM) as the operating carrier for MCT rather than BA as the codeshare? I am seeing MCT of 35 minutes. LM flights use the gates on the corridor that connects T1 to T3 and it is not segregated there. So basically you can get off at the gate, wait, and reboard. Obviously if you have checked bags which are not checked through that won't work as you will need to go landside, and that won't be possible at all in 35 minutes. Also I suspect you stay on the aircraft if you are going straight through, but obviously if on separate tickets the MCT will not reflect this.

If you base MCT on the marketing carrier though it won't be bookable as a "connection" as BA to BA is 1.5 hours MCT. I think it would depend on whether an agent can book it as a direct flight which would get around this problem.

In terms of mainline BA to BA the MCT is 1.5 hours so you can't book LHR-MAN-LHR on one ticket based on the normal 45-50 minute turnaround. However, if you are HBO and have your bps you can do it without going landside but it would have to be on two single tickets. See my post here (although if you get gate 141 you can't stay landside and are forced airside), https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34343768-post1046.html

As you mention the airside connection points are closed (and have been since March 2020) so normally if coming off an international flight you must go landside. This is also why biometrics have been off at MAN since March 2020 since you no longer have transiting passengers who have not been through immigration.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 12:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I did an airside connection at MAN a few weeks ago, BA to LM, going back it to the terminal There was a transit route somewhere in the corridor. That said, my LM BP evaporated at some point and had to be resurrected at the gate, so I did wonder about conformance.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 1:56 am

Don’t worry, no conformance at MAN. Just be at the gate before it closes
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Flew NQY-MAN return; 125 cash ticket. Seven days later no avoid or TP posted; liaised with staff member through "chatbot" he indicated he had forwarded my request to the appropriate team, further indicated should post within a further 7-10 days. I await.......
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: GGLfL
As Loganair are pulling out of NQY for Winter 2022/3, this won't be an issue any longer.

More interesting is whether the BA codeshares will reappear on FlyBE's NQY-LHR flights.
ajamieson likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:49 am

I don't think there is any chance of that. I don't think new BE and BA have any relationship. Considering BE and LM fell out a few years ago and BA went with LM, I don't think there is much likelihood of an agreement happening with new BE now.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Flybe carried on using Avios long after the BE/LM fallout - in fact, it only ended in 2019 when Flybe looked like it was going to become Virgin Connect - so I don't see any commercial emnity. More likely BA won't want to get involved with a puzzling and shaky venture. I'd be first in line to book though! I did ask LM if they would consider joining the Avios platform instead of the Clan thingy but they have ruled it out on cost grounds, which is a shame.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: Avios
Hi there - So I spoke to BA Silver Exec Club on the phone, they advised it would all be added on within 7 days, nothing has ever arrived - an email to them got a generic response and 5000 Avios, in itself quite nice but and more bothered about gaining my qualifying flights for Tier status. I booked the flight again for next week and this time is just says 'Unable to confirm Avios' when I made the booking ... very strange
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:19 am

Received this when I asked for TP's and Avios with LM on a 125 ticket:Thank you for requesting Avios and Tier Points for the following flights:

Flight Number: BA7826
Departure Airport: NQY
Arrival Airport: MAN
Date Travelled: 23/08/2022

Flight Number: BA7825
Departure Airport: MAN
Arrival Airport: NQY
Date Travelled: 25/08/2022

I appreciate you booked your flights with BA, but I am afraid our agreement with LM does not include codeshare flights operated by LM, so I’m sorry to disappoint you but on this occasion I am unable to credit your account.

I am afraid the airline you flew with is not an Executive Club partner, so I’m sorry to disappoint you but on this occasion I am unable to credit your account.

I am sorry I couldn't be more immediately helpful, but if there is anything else we can help with please let us know.

Any advice as to where to go from here?
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Ouch. Tbf, Loganair is missing from the list of airline partners on the website (but long-defunct Air Italy is still there...) so an operative who didn't know would be confused. Was this to the priority @ email address?
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson
Ouch. Tbf, Loganair is missing from the list of airline partners on the website (but long-defunct Air Italy is still there...) so an operative who didn't know would be confused. Was this to the priority @ email address?
I did it through the chatbox and the rep forwarded it to BAEC, I am going to retry directly by ringing the Silver line and that's why I thought I would ask for any tips on here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.