Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
British Airways (BA) announced that they had signed a codeshare agreement with Loganair (LM) on 16th August 2017. The agreement came into affect on 1st September 2017.

British Airways customers can book onward Loganair connections from destinations across its route network, or point to point travel in the UK more easily through ba.com. Executive Club members who book onto routes operated by Loganair through ba.com can earn Avios and Tier points.

Loganair customers are able to connect onto British Airways domestic services at Manchester, Inverness, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen, flying on a “through ticket”, meaning they can check in hold baggage at their departure airport straight through to their destination.

Some changes have been made to the Loganair operated routes covered by the agreement since 2017, with routes both being added and removed over the years. The most recent update to the agreement was announced on 1st February 2022.

The routes operated by Loganair which British Airways codeshare on of 1st February 2022 are:

[b]Updated: 31st May 2022]/b]

Aberdeen (ABZ) to/from:

Belfast City (BHD)
Birmingham (BHX)
Bristol (BRS)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Manchester (MAN)
Newquay (NQY)
Norwich (NWI)
Sumburgh (LSI)
Teesside (MME)

Derry (LDY) to/from:

Liverpool (LPL)
London Stansted (STN)

Edinburgh (EDI) to/from:

Exeter (EXT)
Isle of Man (IOM)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Southampton (SOU)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Glasgow (GLA) to/from:

Benbecula (BEB)
Exeter (EXT)
Islay (ILY)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Southampton (SOU)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Isle of Man (IOM) to/from:

Birmingham (BHX)
London City (LCY)
London Heathrow (LHR)
Manchester (MAN)

Inverness (INV) to/from:

Benbecula (BEB)
Birmingham (BHX)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Manchester (MAN)
Newquay (NQY)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Newcastle(NCL) to/from:

Exeter (EXT)
Southampton (SOU)

Newquay (NQY) to/from:

Manchester (MAN)

https://www.loganair.co.uk/
Print Wikipost

Loganair Codeshare Agreememt

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA silver
Sadly Loganair have now cancelled the LHR-MME route from 2 weeks time: https://www.loganair.co.uk/our-story...-and-loganair/
I assume that as this is BA codeshare ticket, I will have a struggle to persuade BA to reroute me to NCL (although the standard text in MMB for the cancellation suggests I can get a reroute by calling in)? Loganair's position for these flights is refund only.
Old May 11, 2022, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by paul71
Sadly Loganair have now cancelled the LHR-MME route from 2 weeks time: https://www.loganair.co.uk/our-story...-and-loganair/
I assume that as this is BA codeshare ticket, I will have a struggle to persuade BA to reroute me to NCL (although the standard text in MMB for the cancellation suggests I can get a reroute by calling in)? Loganair's position for these flights is refund only.
If you paid BA and have a 125- ticket, Loganair’s policy is irrelevant and BA’s will apply. Loganair wouldn’t have received any money from BA yet anyway, that happens after travel. I don’t see why either NCL or MAN would be refused, if you’d rather have that than a refund.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old May 14, 2022, 4:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
So alas and farewell (presently) to BA's codeshare on Loganair's service to Teesside AIrport. A lot of effort has been put into turning around the fortunes of MME, but this vital backbone wasn't viable.

For eternal posterity of the interweb, here are some photos from my final flight yesterday, though the service has a further week to go before termination.

And hidden away with all of T2's other services.

I was thinking last night that this arrangement in T2 really wasn't bad. I saved a few minutes on the HEX from London, the tube was performing well too so I only left the Kings Cross area at 18:15 and was airside at 19:08. These gates are right in the corner on the main building, so saving that wretched passageway to the satellite building. T2 becomes quite compact at that point, and security - no fast track - took seconds.

Today we didn't need the bus, the Embraer was parked by gate 25 so a brief walk across the ramp made it all a fairly painless process compared to some of the T5 options. Obviously it helps when you only have 17 passengers. The E145's seating is 1 - 2 , so the A seats are individual and window, which suits me very well. This aircraft has the range to get to IST, that would pretty uncomfortable, but the 213 mile hop north is pleasant enough. LM's usual hospitality has only recently returned, it was covidised for a long time.

And we get to Teesside Airport (probably the world's most mis-spelt airport) 15 minutes ahead of schedule. It would have been a few minutes sooner but for the fact that an Emirates A380 went ahead of us from 27R and we had to wait a few minutes for the whale jet's wake to subside. The the sun's eventide rays and low cloud meant the view wasn't too good until we got to the chemical plants of Billingham. Arrival to car park was about 2 minute, it reminded me of how it used to be at NCL when BA Golds had a special parking area directly in front of the exit.

One unusual event was that in seat 11A, the emergency exit seat in front of me, was His Grace the Diocesan Metropolitan for the Indian Orthodox Syrian Church, making a spiritual visit to Sunderland (good luck with that!). So there was a welcoming party of a dozen parishoners waiting for his arrival with flowers and cakes.

And finally a picture of some airport staff measuring up the overlay they now have to put on to this prominent poster in the departure area.

Of course this route suffers from a poorly located airport versus a usually quite good LNER service, Darlington being 2h 30m from Kings Cross, so this service was always targeted at those connecting into Heathrow from elsewhere rather than as a point to point trip. Otherwise LCY would have been a better bet. As it happens, LNER had a shocker of an evening yesterday with 3 separate signalling incidents between St. Noets and Grantham, so it would have been Delay Repay all round yesterday. But here's to my final 10 Tier Points and 750 Avios from LHR to MME.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; May 14, 2022 at 4:52 am
Old May 14, 2022, 6:54 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by Confus
If you paid BA and have a 125- ticket, Loganair’s policy is irrelevant and BA’s will apply. Loganair wouldn’t have received any money from BA yet anyway, that happens after travel. I don’t see why either NCL or MAN would be refused, if you’d rather have that than a refund.
Thanks - in the end I took the refund and booked the train, which gets me a lot closer to my destination than NCL or MAN would be
Old May 14, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Thank you for the memory CWS.

I travelled out and back on the MME-LHR-MME route a month ago, just for the sheer joy of doing it.

Sadly, my codeshare MME-LHR flight later this year, as part of a USA trip was cancelled after the announcement that Logan Air were cancelling the route. It looks like I will have to accept BA’s change to fly out of Newcastle instead.

A pity as I quite liked MME and living in just 15 miles away in rural north North Yorkshire it was very convenient.

Here’s hoping the link to London comes back one day (soon), even if it is to LCY. It saved the annoying wait for an LNER train at Northallerton as most whizz straight through the station!
Old May 14, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Old May 30, 2022, 5:13 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Hi, looking for some assistance..

Due to the cull of BA flights this Spring, I’ll now be travelling from LHR to INV via MAN, with the 2nd leg a codeshare with Loganair

I’m fine with regards to hold baggage allowances, however, in terms of cabin baggage, BA state that the LM rules apply – and I read that they are quite strict in applying them!

According to the LM website:-
  • Fly Flex + passengers can carry 1 bag up to 6kg free of charge plus a small handbag and slimline laptop bag
  • Fly and Fly Flex passengers can carry 1 bag up to 6kg free of charge plus a small handbag

According to BA MMB, my ticket selling code is V and wondered if anyone knew whether this equals FlyFlex+ or just either Fly / Fly Flex? (the original LHR-INV ticket was class I)

Many thanks
Old May 30, 2022, 7:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Are you booked on a BA flight number (so a codeshare) or LM prime number? And was it originally a commercial ticket or a redemption?
Old May 30, 2022, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Are you booked on a BA flight number (so a codeshare) or LM prime number? And was it originally a commercial ticket or a redemption?
BAH cash booking in Club, but confirmation states for Hand Baggage to refer to the LM website
Now booked on the BA1370 connecting with the BA4052
Old May 30, 2022, 8:40 am

LM is an economy only airline, and also oneworld / BAEC goodies won't apply either. So you should get 1 checked bag at 23 kgs - that shouldn't be a problem. If you bought a CE ticket then in my view you could put into LM whatever you would have got on BA (so presumably 2 bags) and charge BA for anything extra that LM check-in pings you for, as a result of the cancelled flight.
Old May 30, 2022, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
LM is an economy only airline, and also oneworld / BAEC goodies won't apply either. So you should get 1 checked bag at 23 kgs - that shouldn't be a problem. If you bought a CE ticket then in my view you could put into LM whatever you would have got on BA (so presumably 2 bags) and charge BA for anything extra that LM check-in pings you for, as a result of the cancelled flight.
Thank you CWS but my issue isn't checked luggage but carry on allowance.. as I plan to take a very full camera bag with me (items like tripod of course being consigned to the hold)..

But unsure if from the detail on their website if I get a 2nd bag (laptop bag)
Old May 30, 2022, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Delboy65
Thank you CWS but my issue isn't checked luggage but carry on allowance.. as I plan to take a very full camera bag with me (items like tripod of course being consigned to the hold)..

But unsure if from the detail on their website if I get a 2nd bag (laptop bag)
Apologies. - Loganair on these slightly larger aircraft routes won't be too problematic with cabin bags. Larger rollaboards, which would fit OK on BA's A320 services may be gate checked but that's because they really won't get into the overheads. Things smaller than that are usually ok, so if your camera bag is below that I don't see a problem, nor with a small second bag.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 12:54 pm

Thank you CWS
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
she needs to look at the lounge eligibility guide.
FWIW, no issues accessing the BA lounge at EDI recently on a LM boarding pass (ticketed on BA 125 stock).
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:06 am

Had a situation this morning where Loganair were 'sold out' on their site for City of Derry airport into Stanstead, but there was 1 seat available as codeshare via the BA site. I booked that and got a PNR, but so far only the recervation with no ticket number showing in the app and I haven't had an email.

Do the codeshares share inventory or will this final BA seat have been ringfenced for BA. I am nervous about this being some kind of ghost availabililty that the BA site has allowed me to book.

Many thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.